2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
New 2012 owner!

I bought a 2012 Raspberry Blue Metallic Sport yesterday! I saw a base in that color driving in town and knew that when I bought my Fit, I had to have it. There were only 2 auto Sports in the state (according to my dealer) and they traded cars with an Atlanta dealer to get mine!

Name:  fit001.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  112.1 KB

My last 2 cars were a 2008 Yaris 3-dr liftback and a 2010 Nissan Cube S, and I have to say, the Fit seems so much more refined and connected to the road compared to those 2.

I got the All-Season Mats, Rear Bumper Appliqué, and Body Side Moldings. As soon as I actually get a day off, I am going to get the windows done (thinking 5% back and 15% full sides, and a strip at top of windshield).

One thing that really pissed me off is that the dealer that they got my car from screwed the front plate frame INTO the bumper! And Georgia isn't a front plate state. So now I have a hole in the car I haven't even made a payment on... I will eventually get over it (hopefully)

Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats and welcome to FF! Very sharp looking Fit!

I'm in GA as well. I removed my front plate pretty quickly. The plate attaches underneath bumper. How can a Honda dealer not have known that? I would make dealer fix that for sure.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Well, we already did the walk around for damage and what not.. I'll get over it. I am just ready to have fun with it! What part of GA are you in? I'm in central GA near Warner Robins.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in NW Georgia. Paulding county area.

I would still pursue it because, the plate was on during the walk around. Shouldn't be damage to bumper. But if you're cool with it, that's fine as well. You'll love this car. Mine has 4,500 on clock and is really running strong. Getting 36 mpg in the paradise that is metro ATL rush hour traffic.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 03-07-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the awesomness I also picked up a BRM 2012 Sport A/T

Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome, Zilla! I think our color is going to be the rare beast of the bunch... I see tons of Orange and Grey and Black ones around. The Raspberry reminds me of old school Civics (early 90s), and the body of the Fit reminds me of a modern day interpretation of the Civic Wagovan of late 80's notoriety. I can't wait to actually start enjoying mine instead of just driving to work. Here's to my next day off! Gonna debadge the rear Fit badge and lose the tacky dealer decal.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Yep I have not seen another Blue Raspberry sport in my area other then at my dealer.
funny thing is I've never been a guy who liked flashy colors.

I got this color because my little girl liked it I have 3K on my Fit and I just love it.

I hit the local canyons on my lunch break and this little baby handles really good even in stock trim.

I may do a few mods to the suspension but for now I'm just enjoying the good gas mileage and space for all my junk

Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by ded1982
I bought a 2012 Raspberry Blue Metallic Sport yesterday! I saw a base in that color driving in town and knew that when I bought my Fit, I had to have it. There were only 2 auto Sports in the state (according to my dealer) and they traded cars with an Atlanta dealer to get mine!

My last 2 cars were a 2008 Yaris 3-dr liftback and a 2010 Nissan Cube S, and I have to say, the Fit seems so much more refined and connected to the road compared to those 2.

I got the All-Season Mats, Rear Bumper Appliqué, and Body Side Moldings. As soon as I actually get a day off, I am going to get the windows done (thinking 5% back and 15% full sides, and a strip at top of windshield).

One thing that really pissed me off is that the dealer that they got my car from screwed the front plate frame INTO the bumper! And Georgia isn't a front plate state. So now I have a hole in the car I haven't even made a payment on... I will eventually get over it (hopefully)

daaaaaaang i've NEVER seen that color fit before. really diggin it. pretty bubbly color xD

and the plate thing, ouch! that sucks! did they drill it to the front? cuz in cali they drill it underneath

is it as strict on tint in georgia than cali? cuz 5/15 seems pitch black >< lol

Old 03-09-2012, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
I really like the new blue color. Nice cars all!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
2012 Sport M/T

Welcome home!

Name:  03100211561.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  P311010311.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  83.3 KB

Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
raspberry blue is so winning!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
C-Web, looks great! What tint % do you have in the back? I'm getting my RBM tinted on Wednesday, and I just can't decide on what to get... I had my last car pretty dark, but I just don't want any tickets...

Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ded1982
C-Web, looks great! What tint % do you have in the back? I'm getting my RBM tinted on Wednesday, and I just can't decide on what to get... I had my last car pretty dark, but I just don't want any tickets...
Thanks, man! It came tinted as a dealership add-on, so I'm not exactly sure what they put on there. It looks alright, but I wish the front windows were darker. Cali laws don't allow much of a tint on the fronts, unfortunately..

I've been told that you can usually get away with an illegal tint on the front windows as long as they're noticeably lighter than the rear windows.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I got an automatic white Honda fit last week. I have asked people to teach me to drive manual.. but no one stepped up to to teach me. So there goes my heartbreak of not getting paddle shifters.
I gave up my black 2001 Isuzu Trooper for the fit and I am pretty happy. I was able to get the car for $16,000 even. I did not want to pay high dealer fees, car mat fees, or doc fees. I stuck to my guns and bought the car at the price I wanted.

The cool part was I made friends with my sales guy and he gave me keys and full access to a Fit Sport. He told me to take anything from the car. I came out with the trunk tray and a trunk cover. Ill get my front mats later.

I personally just want mats for my car. I gotta find where on this forum I can sell the new trunk cover. I don't want it.

I am now currently looking for roof racks and suggestions on window tint.

I also found 2 awesome ways to cover your car seats if you have dogs. Also how to use a zip line to secure your dogs in the car and how to cover your door panel from dog scratching the crap out of your door. Ill post it soon

Old 03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
About to take delivery of a TW 2012 Fit Sport Manual

Well... the girlfriend is. There was only one Taffeta White 5M Sport available in North Carolina. Unfortunately the dealer (Flow in Winston-Salem) was not pleasant, so we decided to order one from Sanford Honda instead. Should take delivery by the end of the month.

$17,048.38 - Price of Fit Sport 5M White

$295 - Pro package All season floormats + Cargo liner, Honda OEM accessories. (The dealer said they would only sell the car at a discounted price if we purchased these accessories. Price was reasonable, and we wanted them anyway.)

$520.30 Tax

$99.00 Tags

$498.00 Doc Fee

$18,460.68 - Price out the door

Also will be installing additional accessories at the time of purchase

$204.53 - Interior Illumination
$129.90 - Sport Pedals
$240.60 - Body Side Molding

$575.03 - Total for accessories (Prices are for installed)
-$100.00 - Discount for accessories because I asked for different accessories than the Pro Package.

$18,935.71 - Grand total out the door

Other accessories that have been ordered from Bernardi Honda online:

Leather Shift knob Manual trans
Rear cargo tray
Door sill trim
Cargo organizer

Other mods to be added include:

Protective clear film for foglights
Ceramic tint 35% for back half
Clear protective film for rear apron, cut like oem rear apron
Clear protective film for under door handles

Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 AM
hi all the way from honolulu hawaii. i pre order my white fit sport a week ago. and it should be here in a week!!! unfortunately, there is no new honda fits anywhere on this island no matter what dealership!!!

cant wait. got a automatic
27k out the door
options i got
rustproofng 10 years
4 years oil change at the dealership
center arm rest with storage
interior illumination
body side moldings
door visors
all around 35% tint
door sill trim
engine remote starter
8 years 120k bumber to bumber warranty from honda care

theses should all be installed and ready to pick up at the dealer when the car comes in!!

im excited as this is going to be my first new car!

they quoted me 450 a month for 72 months at 6.5% interest!! that means at the end of the loan, grand total in owning this car would be around 32 grand, 5k plus in interest!! smh too much for a fit. there fore ive decided to pay cash up front and taking the title home!!
hopefully i can post pics when she come in!!!

aloha

Old 03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Traded in my 2010 Fit base auto for a 2012 Sport auto in alabaster silver metallic today. Got it for $18,000 OTD minus $12,900 for my trade; cargo tray, all season floor mats, and wheel locks thrown in. Super happy with the deal and the car!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jayfizzle
hi all the way from honolulu hawaii. i pre order my white fit sport a week ago. and it should be here in a week!!! unfortunately, there is no new honda fits anywhere on this island no matter what dealership!!!

cant wait. got a automatic
27k out the door
options i got
rustproofng 10 years
4 years oil change at the dealership
center arm rest with storage
interior illumination
body side moldings
door visors
all around 35% tint
door sill trim
engine remote starter
8 years 120k bumber to bumber warranty from honda care

theses should all be installed and ready to pick up at the dealer when the car comes in!!

im excited as this is going to be my first new car!

they quoted me 450 a month for 72 months at 6.5% interest!! that means at the end of the loan, grand total in owning this car would be around 32 grand, 5k plus in interest!! smh too much for a fit. there fore ive decided to pay cash up front and taking the title home!!
hopefully i can post pics when she come in!!!

aloha
Welcome, JayFizzle. Holy cow, $27K? Do cars cost more in Hawaii?

Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I bought my first Fit (Sport, auto and blue) in April of 2007 and I've loved it every single day as I made my long commute (over 100 miles a day/5 days a week). It's still in the family cause I am giving it to my Mom. She had a 2009 Fit that she was tboned in by a big truck going over 80 in Oct of 2010. Says the airbags is why she is still here. So we are a Fit family.

Yesterday I bought my new 2012 FIT Sport Auto in Vortex Blue Pearl with Navi. 3 miles on it when I drove off the lot. Was ready to love it as much as my old one, but I have some issues...

1.) The TPMS light came on before I had gone 15 miles. My old Fit didn't have TPMS so that was new to me. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to have that looked at. Not really a big issue... just annoying.

2.) Ipod issues. This is the biggie for me. Is there seriously no pause button? And is it normal for it to not play the songs in my playlist in order? The first song is the first song in the playlist, but then after that it's random. Is there any fix for that? Am I missing something? It's lame, but I have spent a lot of time on my playlists putting them in a certain order. I also do a lot of audiobooks (100 miles a day. Lots of time for audiobooks) and that is so annoying for it to not be in order when listing. I tried playing it with the AUX (which is what I had done with my old Fit so I figured no big difference) and it too plays the playlist in a weird order! Been all over these forums looking for answers and not finding much so hopefully it's just me doing something stupid and wrong... Help?

Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
TPMS light means the tire pressure is low.. Your car was probably sitting on the dealer lot for a few months so the air slowly went out.. Just check your tire pressure and add some air if needed. Really no need to take it back to the dealership.

Quick Reply: 2012 Fit Buyers Check in!!! Welcome and Congrats!