2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Alarm won't go off

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Help! Alarm won't go off

Hello everybody,

I live on Saltspring Island and need some FIT advice - a week ago my wife washed the keys to her 2007 FIT and everything was fine until yesterday when the alarm started going off after she unlocked the car manually (remote buttons were not working). Now, the alarm simply won't turn off at all - I have had to disconnect the battery to stop it. Unfortunately we have already lost the spare key set.
Anyone had this happen to them? What do we need to do about it. I have a feeling that this involves a trip to Victoria and lots of $$......

Any help greatly appreciated!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Have you tried after re-connecting battery? Try it and also try it after locking car manually.

Sounds like a ferry trip.

We won't ask how your wife lost the first set and why she decided to wash the second set.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Solved!

Thanks Black3SR,

I tried the battery thing to no avail. Then I took the FOB apart and removed the battery but also no luck. The stupid alarm just wouldn't stop. Finally I found a brochure for an "Executive One" security system that had obviously been installed and found instructions for disarming the system without the FOB. This involved first finding the "hidden" Valet button (no small task!) and then praying that the factory setting of one push of the button hadn't been customized with an unknown number. Get in the car with everything flashing (horn fuse removed by now), turn on the ignition, push the secret valet button once and VOILA! Everything turned off and the car started right up.
So - the FOB is going in the trash and the valet setting will remain on. Who needs theft protection here on Saltspring?!? The hardest thing about owning a red Gen1 FIT is deciding which one of the 6 in the Thrifty's parking lot is yours!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ruxtonisl
Thanks Black3SR,

I tried the battery thing to no avail. Then I took the FOB apart and removed the battery but also no luck. The stupid alarm just wouldn't stop. Finally I found a brochure for an "Executive One" security system that had obviously been installed and found instructions for disarming the system without the FOB. This involved first finding the "hidden" Valet button (no small task!) and then praying that the factory setting of one push of the button hadn't been customized with an unknown number. Get in the car with everything flashing (horn fuse removed by now), turn on the ignition, push the secret valet button once and VOILA! Everything turned off and the car started right up.
So - the FOB is going in the trash and the valet setting will remain on. Who needs theft protection here on Saltspring?!? The hardest thing about owning a red Gen1 FIT is deciding which one of the 6 in the Thrifty's parking lot is yours!
Ah an aftermarket system. Can you not disconnect that system so you can use your FOB?

Six Fits together and all red? Wow I see so few around here and we have 3 dealers within 15 mile radius.

Never been to the Island but my wife grew up in Vic and still have relatives up island.

bill

Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 AM
PLEASE HELP! EMERGENCY! Can't start car and drive to school.

Could I please have some help? I spent hours trying to figure this out, but couldn't, and with my car not starting, I have no way of getting to school.
I bought a used HONDA CRV 2006 and installed an AFTERMARKET ROCKLEDGE SECURITIES ALARM SYSTEM.

My previous issue that I spent days figuring out, was that I forgot to turn off the headlights on my car, and when the battery ran out, we COULDN'T RECHARGE the car because the ALARM SYSTEM WOULD SOUND, and the car was unchargeable. Eventually I had to REMOVE THE HORN FUSE, and FINALLY PUT IT BACK in the fuse box in the hood of the car. And press a button on the inside of the car by the driver's side to get the alarm system to stop sounding.
I have since resolved that problem.

My current problem that is driving me crazy is that I pulled my car into my driveway one day and all of a sudden the CRAZY ROCKLEDGE ALARM SYSTEM WONT STOP GOING OFF AS SOON AS I TURN OFF THE ENGINE. THE ONLY THING THAT FINALLY STOPPED THE NOISE WAS GOING INTO THE FUSE BOX IN THE HOOD OF THE CAR AND REMOVING THE HORN FUSE.
HERE'S THE PROBLEM THOUGH -- W/OUT the HORN FUSE, there is no noise and the alarm doesn't go off. HOWEVER, W/OUT THE HORN FUSE, the car WON"T START. Then WHEN I TRIED PUTTING the HORN FUSE BACK into the MAIN FUSE BOX so the car will work, the CRAZY ALARM GOES OFF AGAIN.
My Car currently is W/OUT THE FUSE so the crazy alarm doesn't sound. But the Car won't start w/out the fuse either. Can't drive it. School starts Tuesday. I worked on it for days today.
If you have HONDA CRV or ROCKLEDGE SECURITIES EXPERIENCE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!
Thank you!
Mary

Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Step 1: Stop with the All Caps!!!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Try replacing the battery on your remote.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
My fits alarm wont shut off

Well the wife got her remote start wet and we we start the fit today with the other one the alarm went off. so now every time i start the fit i get it silence put it inn reverse it goes off again i don't know what to do anyone can help em out here?

Old 07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
cut the wires now u got blinking lights Emergency car

Old 07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like the wife's remote is sending some messed up signal. Put it in water or take it far away and see what happens.

Failing that have wife take it to Honda and pay the bill.