2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So happy to have my Fit back after trading for a Prius c!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
My girlfriend is looking at C's. If she doesn't care about cargo/agility do you think it's a good fit for a daily driver? Basically she wants something small, good on gas, and cute...I frickin know...
Has she looked at the Non-Hybrid PriusC (aka Yaris)?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
This is awesome to read! Honda should use you in a commercial - that is way we are called Fit Freaks! I agree - the Fit makes my drive to work each day so much fun and I can't wait to have the opportunity to drive it. We are going to a show next Saturday that is around a 150 mile trip and I can't wait just to get to drive it that long. So glad you were able to get your car back. I know it will be a sad day for me if I ever don't have this car to love and play with.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
Heck no it doesnt 19,710 is the base price. You can get a nice sport MT with all a couple of accesories for 18,300 out the door. The prius is gonna cost about 21K out the door. Not worth it for a mediocre and boring car. At least the Fit has character
True...but my gf wants an auto. The Prius seems to have more standard features so I should say that it is < $1,000 difference. Agreed on the character bit.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kirkuleez
Yes Hayden, I have said all along since owning the 2007 Fit first, then upgrading to the 2010, that it would take a very special car to lure me away from the Fit. I thought maybe the Prius c was that car, but after a month and a half of driving it, I couldn't help but want my Fit back. 5 yrs of driving Honda Fit and still excited to drive it everyday!
I have had my 09 for almost 3 years and still look forward to driving it somewhere just because it is fun. And this past Fri I decided to keep almost to speed limit for a 180 km trip and was surprised with a 42mpg or 50mpg in Cdn.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Cat
This is awesome to read! Honda should use you in a commercial - that is way we are called Fit Freaks! I agree - the Fit makes my drive to work each day so much fun and I can't wait to have the opportunity to drive it. We are going to a show next Saturday that is around a 150 mile trip and I can't wait just to get to drive it that long. So glad you were able to get your car back. I know it will be a sad day for me if I ever don't have this car to love and play with.
Haha, yes they should lol!! Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoy yours as much as I do.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
True...but my gf wants an auto. The Prius seems to have more standard features so I should say that it is < $1,000 difference. Agreed on the character bit.
Seeing that she's driving it, I say let her get what she likes after driving it. At least with Honda or Toyota there's not much worry about reliability. The c does have some cool tech features.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I have had my 09 for almost 3 years and still look forward to driving it somewhere just because it is fun. And this past Fri I decided to keep almost to speed limit for a 180 km trip and was surprised with a 42mpg or 50mpg in Cdn.
That's pretty impressive mpg's!!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Its nice you came back but most dont. I checked out the prius C forum and there were many former fit owners saying they don't miss the uncomfortable front seats and twitchy steering of the fit at all. I think going from an auto fit to a prius is easier. If your used to the 5speed short throw manual on the fit then go to the droning CVT on the prius I imagine it would be a shock.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by matt1357
Its nice you came back but most dont. I checked out the prius C forum and there were many former fit owners saying they don't miss the uncomfortable front seats and twitchy steering of the fit at all. I think going from an auto fit to a prius is easier. If your used to the 5speed short throw manual on the fit then go to the droning CVT on the prius I imagine it would be a shock.
That's funny you say that cause those are some of the reasons FOR coming back to the Fit. For me, the Fit seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever owned and the steering is perfect in the Fit, feels very precise to me. The c's steering has more play in it and the Fit's steering wheel telescopes out alot further than the c's giving the Fit a much better driving position. The cvt wasn't bad but acceleration does seem slow in the c, you have to really step on the pedal to get moving at high speeds. It is very smooth and solid feeling though. Yes, the transition would have probably been easier going from an automatic but I still enjoy the Fit better even with the automatic which I have driven before.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Kirkuleez
That's funny you say that cause those are some of the reasons FOR coming back to the Fit. For me, the Fit seats are some of the most comfortable I've ever owned and the steering is perfect in the Fit, feels very precise to me. The c's steering has more play in it and the Fit's steering wheel telescopes out alot further than the c's giving the Fit a much better driving position. The cvt wasn't bad but acceleration does seem slow in the c, you have to really step on the pedal to get moving at high speeds. It is very smooth and solid feeling though. Yes, the transition would have probably been easier going from an automatic but I still enjoy the Fit better even with the automatic which I have driven before.
which trim did you have? I heard the 2 3 and 4 trim in the prius C has Camry seats which are very comfortable..

Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by matt1357
which trim did you have? I heard the 2 3 and 4 trim in the prius C has Camry seats which are very comfortable..
I had the 3 with moonroof and I would agree the seats were comfy. For me about the equivelent of the Fit but not as good of a driving position in the c with no dead pedal either which was awkward.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
we test drove a Prius C last week because the wife wanted something that was great on gas. The sticker was $19,800 plus $800 tax/tags/title. We found our '09 fit for $13k with tax/tags/title paid for AND the dealership gave us $5k for our '04 Jeep Liberty. Since we were saving almost $10,000 just by getting the Fit we wanted it without even test driving the Prius. Anyway, we test drove both the Prius and the Fit and went with the Fit hands down. We took the Prius about 3 miles around town and it was too boring. We'd rather sacrifice 10mpg in order to have a little fun while driving.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by sfar785
we test drove a Prius C last week because the wife wanted something that was great on gas. The sticker was $19,800 plus $800 tax/tags/title. We found our '09 fit for $13k with tax/tags/title paid for AND the dealership gave us $5k for our '04 Jeep Liberty. Since we were saving almost $10,000 just by getting the Fit we wanted it without even test driving the Prius. Anyway, we test drove both the Prius and the Fit and went with the Fit hands down. We took the Prius about 3 miles around town and it was too boring. We'd rather sacrifice 10mpg in order to have a little fun while driving.
Amen to that!! I thought the c would grow on me but I kept missing my Fit more and more everyday until I finally went and drove a new one on the dealer's lot just to get it out of my system and I knew INSTANTLY upon getting in the Fit that I had to get mine back. I had saw that the dealer I traded it to still had it on the lot along with a new set of tires. I realize mpg's are important, but not the most important thing. The c is still a great car, but I am extremely happy to be back in my awesome blue Fit!! And as you said, for much less money as well.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 PM
The only downfall about the Fit is that i have this sudden urge to modify it to where i would have left the Prius C alone, lol.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
The only downfall about the Fit is that i have this sudden urge to modify it to where i would have left the Prius C alone, lol.
Haha, mine is all stock, but if that's something you enjoy then why not ?!?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Because my wife is gonna murder me if i touch one more thing on "her" car (when just a month ago she hated the way the Fit looked). The funny thing is that we ALMOST got a 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ hatch with the turbo. I drove that a few weeks ago and had a blast but it felt too much like a toy and i don't think it would be a good car to drive as a DD.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Because my wife is gonna murder me if i touch one more thing on "her" car (when just a month ago she hated the way the Fit looked). The funny thing is that we ALMOST got a 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ hatch with the turbo. I drove that a few weeks ago and had a blast but it felt too much like a toy and i don't think it would be a good car to drive as a DD.
Hahaha, you better leave it alone then lol! So the Sonic is fun eh?!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
it actually really was fun, here's what i liked:
-pretty quick for what it was
-very simplified gauge cluster and interior (sportbike inspired, which i loved)
-very "nimble", kinda seemed to handle better than the Fit
-138hp 125/tq
-17" painted wheels (come silver with option of black for an extra $700)
-the LTZ base MSRP was $17,900 with the 1.4 Turbo and vinyl (fake leather, but hell it looked nice) interior.

The Sonic had a lot of nice stuff about it BUT the bad outweighed the good for us

-Although the interior looked nice, it felt really cheap and i couldn't trust putting my daughters carseat in the rear because we were afraid it would destroy the vinyl.
-turbo started spooling at 5500rpm's and the electronic rev limiter kicked in at 6200rpm's....700rpms to play with isn't good, not worth tuning yet either
-lack of aftermarket support is unbelievable, there is almost NOTHING out for it yet but that can be expected for a brand new car.
-5x105 lug pattern which the only other popular car to share this is the Chevy Cruze, so aftermarket wheels are rare and lug conversions are expensive.

ther's so many more things but i don't wanna bore anyone, lets just say we went with a Fit over the Sonic and we would have taken a Mini Cooper S over the Sonic as well (if it wasn't for that damn Flavor Flav gauge cluster they have.)

Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
That's a very smart move. $10,000 buys a lot of gas.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I know how you feel im rounding the end of my long deployment and all the guys think my fit is a Prius and they are like that's a fruity car and it looks so slow. Yet i sit here and laugh because they wont know until they drive one. I have paid it off within a year of having my 2010 SSM and have purchased many upgrades and can not wait to get back and drive it then put everything on and have my fun with my fit!!

Quick Reply: So happy to have my Fit back after trading for a Prius c!