2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Noob here...I need help on finding black replacements

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Noob here...I need help on finding black replacements

Hello,

I am looking to black out my wife's 2012 Fit Sport, and I have had no luck finding a black rear honda badge and a jdm or blacked out, emblem free front grille insert. Any help would be awesome!!!!

Also, are there any options to opening up this engine, but not voiding the warranty. In the past I had a 7th gen civic with aem CAI, dc headers, downpipe, greddy evo exhaust, aem adjustable cam gear, aem tru time pulley, tokiko suspension, tein springs, wicked camber kits, dc front and rear tower bars, lower tie bar, 17's and a handful of other things.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
The 12's don't have a lot of aftermarket grill options. To be honest, the usdm ge in general doesn't. Mugen, jdp, and the OEM optional sport. They all still have emblems tho. It's not like the old ek's. As far as blacked out emblems, most people just spray them w plasti-dip or rattle can it. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
^^^What he said. When it comes to engine tuning there are some bolt ons available (not tons of aftermarket support, but the usual suspects): CAIs, Weapon R "header", b pipes, exhausts, etc. However, the engine is really so limited anyway and the ECU doesn't allow for many gains w/o a tune, that I wouldn't drop a lot of money in that department. I would focus on the suspension/tires/chassis if I were you. The Fit is nice and perky in that department and has enough support to get it even more agile. When it comes to the warranty issue, it's the same as all cars: if they can prove it caused the problem it will void the repair for that specific issue: Auto Warranties, Routine Maintenance, and Repairs: Is Using the Dealer a Must?

Hope that helps!