2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Recaro's in a fit?.......

Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Recaro's in a fit?.......

I HATE the stock seats....

I had EP3-R recaro's from japan with the sliding thigh support in my EP3 I had.... best seats i've had in a car...

so, has anyone put recaro seats in???

or, even Si seats?

I love my Si seats too, and they have the airbag..... would the harness plug in at least?

i know there will be rail modding/welding to get them to fit right......

Old 04-27-2012, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
There's a lot of people on here with recaros a few with si seats. There's write ups for plug and play airbags and srs bypass. Diy walkthroughs on install as well. Aftermarket seat rails and sliders for recaros are available too

Old 04-27-2012, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
I came across a Japanese Honda website a few months back that showed Recaro SR-7 seats as a factory equipped option for GE8s in the Japanese domestic market, which means the seat rails already exist. Check it out:
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/interior/sportseat/

Yea, you sacrifice the seat mounted airbags, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I definitely plan on getting a set of these man.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
i just installed dc5 recaros in my ge8. i used bride railings, fits like a glove. so comfortable

Old 04-30-2012, 04:18 PM
I got dc2 recaros in mine

Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
dont mean to jack this thread. i just recently installed aftermarket seats in my gd and want to get rid of the airbag light. do i use a 2.0 or 2.2 ohm resistors? in what wattage?

Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
2.2 resistors, 55w

Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
do you have to cut and solder in the resistors into the wireharness ?....

i did a 500km trip (300 miles) in one shot, and hated the seats the whole way.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by urbanoutfit
2.2 resistors, 55w
thanks. appreciate it.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deftones8
I came across a Japanese Honda website a few months back that showed Recaro SR-7 seats as a factory equipped option for GE8s in the Japanese domestic market, which means the seat rails already exist. Check it out:
HondabHonda AccessbƒtƒBƒbƒgbƒCƒ“ƒeƒŠƒAbƒXƒ|[ƒcƒV[ƒg

Yea, you sacrifice the seat mounted airbags, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I definitely plan on getting a set of these man.
Man, life isn't fair. Why won't Honda offer us things like this in the states? Why have they turned a blind eye to the enthusiast market since they stopped producing cars with double wish bone suspension...

back to the topic at hand.

Does Recaro make different mounting options or are all the holes standard on the bottom you just need brackets and sliders custom to the car?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by urbanoutfit
i just installed dc5 recaros in my ge8. i used bride railings, fits like a glove. so comfortable
Originally Posted by Fit_Mike
I got dc2 recaros in mine
damn do you guys have pics? i would even settle for the base dc5 cloth seats.. they are just as comfortable as the type s.. and i def wouldnt mind the recaros either.. its just a matter of getting them in a good price. i was going to go the fg si seat route but idk... i would just like to keep the whole airbag perk alive but im not good with wiring

Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 AM
I just finnished installing a 08 Civic SI seat. I still have to do the passanger side this weekend. Everything is plug and play, and all the sensors are there.

The drivers seat feels absolutly wonderfull. Full back and latteral suport. Suprisingly, vibrations and bumps dont transfer as easily through this seat either. The way I have it installed the seat sits just slighly lower than the stock GE8 seat, but is height adjustable. Back seats still fold down fine.

I'll get some pics up a little later.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by jcuecker
.....The way I have it installed the seat sits just slighly lower than the stock GE8 seat, but is height adjustable.
Custom rails?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I just finnished installing a 08 Civic SI seat. I still have to do the passanger side this weekend. Everything is plug and play, and all the sensors are there.

The drivers seat feels absolutly wonderfull. Full back and latteral suport. Suprisingly, vibrations and bumps dont transfer as easily through this seat either. The way I have it installed the seat sits just slighly lower than the stock GE8 seat, but is height adjustable. Back seats still fold down fine.

I'll get some pics up a little later.
ARE YOU SERIOUS???? Plug and play? No srs light ? No nothing? 100% functional? I've been wanting to do this forever on the fit ! What rails did u use ? How did u mount these ? Please hook a brother up on the 411 I'm about to go find a set

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I just measured and it sits 1/2" lower. Not sure how much more or less you sink into the seat but I noticed the height difference as I had to re-adjust my steering wheel slightly to regain my view of the speedo.

As for the rails. Modified stock SI rails. Basicaly the rear feet just about line up, but one side has to have the hole slighly redrilled. The feet are about 3/4" of an inch shorter than the stock ge8 so I took a stack of wide fender washers and 50mm grade 10.9 bolts to raise them up slightly.

For the front I had to chop off the existing feet and remove the rivets. Drill slighly larger holes into the rails and mount custom feet made from 1/4" steel stock. The new feet where bolted to the rails using high tensile bolts, compression washers, and nuts. Should be at least as strong as the OEM rivets, but if your paranoid you could get them welded instead. One thing that you will notice is that the OEM rear feet are attached using much larger rivets. This is becouse in most accidents (front end) these are the ones that do most of the work of holding the seat to the frame while front feet act more like pivot points.

I swapped the seat buckles (direct swap). All the sensors (weight position, airbag, etc) plug in and work work fine (i.e no dash light).

Last edited by jcuecker; 05-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM
BTW; im 6'1"/190 and I've got like 4-5" of clearance above my head.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info... when I ever swap seats I'd like to modify the rails to sit as low as possible without interfering with the seat functionality. The stock seats feel so high like I'm driving a CR-V or something.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I just measured and it sits 1/2" lower. Not sure how much more or less you sink into the seat but I noticed the height difference as I had to re-adjust my steering wheel slightly to regain my view of the speedo.

As for the rails. Modified stock SI rails. Basicaly the rear feet just about line up, but one side has to have the hole slighly redrilled. The feet are about 3/4" of an inch shorter than the stock ge8 so I took a stack of wide fender washers and 50mm grade 10.9 bolts to raise them up slightly.

For the front I had to chop off the existing feet and remove the rivets. Drill slighly larger holes into the rails and mount custom feet made from 1/4" steel stock. The new feet where bolted to the rails using high tensile bolts, compression washers, and nuts. Should be at least as strong as the OEM rivets, but if your paranoid you could get them welded instead. One thing that you will notice is that the OEM rear feet are attached using much larger rivets. This is becouse in most accidents (front end) these are the ones that do most of the work of holding the seat to the frame while front feet act more like a pivot points.

I swapped the seat buckles (direct swap). All the sensors (weight position, airbag, etc) plug in and work work fine (i.e no dash light).
Wow alot of fabrication huh? How hard is it to take the rails off and swapping them? I know they are tig-welded right? Maybe drilling the welds off , swapping the rails then Bolting Down the two together so it can bolt down like the stock? U get me ? Or maybe cutting off the Bolt whole and welding it to the Si rails? Idk ! I need to see exactly what u did to understand what u did lol. But damn I was more worried of having to rewire the sensors to work cause I know a member with the gd had to do so that's y I thought we would have to do the same !

Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Thanks for the info... when I ever swap seats I'd like to modify the rails to sit as low as possible without interfering with the seat functionality. The stock seats feel so high like I'm driving a CR-V or something.
lol, I know what you mean. That 1/2" actually feels like more. I can't go any lower using this method. The right rail is basicaly resting on the floor as is the lever to adjust the seat position.

BTW im not sure I can do the passanger seat the same way because of all the extra sensors and crap in the rails. Not enough room to get bolts in there. So I'll probably have to make brackets that attach to the existing feet and then the floor. It'll prob sit 1/2" higher than stock. I don't care that much about the passanger side though.

Last edited by jcuecker; 05-01-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recaro's in a fit?.......