2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Recaro's in a fit?.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Wow alot of fabrication huh? How hard is it to take the rails off and swapping them? I know they are tig-welded right? Maybe drilling the welds off , swapping the rails then Bolting Down the two together so it can bolt down like the stock? U get me ? Or maybe cutting off the Bolt whole and welding it to the Si rails? Idk ! I need to see exactly what u did to understand what u did lol. But damn I was more worried of having to rewire the sensors to work cause I know a member with the gd had to do so that's y I thought we would have to do the same !
It's actually not too bad. I'll post up some pics when I get off work which should make things more clear.

Im not sure how easy it is to remove the rails. All the bolts down there are some sort of star shaped safety bolts (not torx). What you can do is chop off the stock SI feet and then remove the stock fit feet and attach them to the new rails. The only problem i found is:

a) its kind of difficult to remove the feet without destroying them. A dremel was useless and i ended up getting an angle grinder for the job.
b) The feet dont sit in the same location on the SI rails so you have to redrill holes anyway.
c) you cant swap back the old seats easily.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Deftones8
I came across a Japanese Honda website a few months back that showed Recaro SR-7 seats as a factory equipped option for GE8s in the Japanese domestic market, which means the seat rails already exist. Check it out:
Honda|Honda Access|フィット|インテリア|スポーツシート

Yea, you sacrifice the seat mounted airbags, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I definitely plan on getting a set of these man.
Yeah I need those. If anyone knows a source I can order these through, please let me know.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
jdmjunkie, i got my bride rails from aj-racing. they were a perfect fit for the DC5 recaro seats. only thing i had to do was go to home depot and pick up washers and screws. the DC2 screws will not work. BEST MOD.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by urbanoutfit
jdmjunkie, i got my bride rails from aj-racing. they were a perfect fit for the DC5 recaro seats. only thing i had to do was go to home depot and pick up washers and screws. the DC2 screws will not work. BEST MOD.
nice... but those dont have the airbag on the correct? or do they? cant wait to see pics. as much as i try not to invest more money in this car, threads like this get me everytime lol . how much were the rails from aj's anyway?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not even bothering with the passenger side and going to probably go all out like Chad did with his driver side Recaro, but I'd like to get the airbag model, plus black leather wrapped & red stitch to match the Clazzios on the rest of the seats..... & definitely need the climate package.... That's going to set me back quite a bit. But I'd like to keep the seat as low as possible, so looks like I might be modifying the seat rails as well.

Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Yeah I need those. If anyone knows a source I can order these through, please let me know.
japanparts.com can get them for you. Just email them the link/pic. Ofcourse they will bump up the price slightly for their behalf.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
I'm not even bothering with the passenger side and going to probably go all out like Chad did with his driver side Recaro, but I'd like to get the airbag model, plus black leather wrapped & red stitch to match the Clazzios on the rest of the seats..... & definitely need the climate package.... That's going to set me back quite a bit.
I've already got some katzkins leather on the way for these SI seats. As much as I like the gripy nature of the fabric, Clazzio covers have already spoiled me in terms of easy cleaning and ability to add heated seats. mmmmm full climate package does sounds nice though

Old 05-01-2012, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
japanparts.com can get them for you. Just email them the link/pic. Ofcourse they will bump up the price slightly for their behalf.
Emailed. Thanks!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
oooooh... Katzkins... now those are great. Since you're going that route you can look in to the in-seat vent/heating options... since you are going to be skinning the seats anyway. Much less expensive than getting the seats with those options. (edit) come to think about it, I think that might be a good route for me.

After seein the Recaro install, I've been wanting that seat for a while, but to get it with the climate, leather & airbag is big $$$$. Might have to compromise though. Just can't see myself spending that much on 1 seat.

Definitely agree with the ease of cleaning, can't ever go back now.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Did anybody here ever installed a Recaro SR-7 on a Honda Fit GE?
be it the SR-7 from Modulo or other SR-7 (non Modulo) ?

Old 05-05-2013, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Leave your car stock it's not worth it

Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Did anybody here ever installed a Recaro SR-7 on a Honda Fit GE?
be it the SR-7 from Modulo or other SR-7 (non Modulo) ?
here ya go buddy!

Name:  IMG_20130502_0021616_zps3dffdc72.jpg
Views: 6234
Size:  357.7 KB

Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sabawballs
here ya go buddy!

Hi,

Is this your car?
if this is your car, did the kit from Honda Access Modulo (Recaro Seat and it's rails),
came with the module to prevent the airbag warning?
and did your country model (Philippines) stock Honda original seat had side airbags and the sensor on the seat?

Thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 12:08 PM
@BMW ALPINA

yep its my car. The seats are SR-7F (flat bolsters) KK100 model. I originally wanted the Recaro SR-7F ASM Limited II (the one with red stitching) though it is not locally available or just plainly expensive as hell so i settled with this. Still loving them because of the flat bolsters but still keeps you in place.

Re rails, i haven't used any after market rails. I used my stock railings + adapter for the seats but still saving up for some Bride rails.

Also no sensors for the passenger seat and no side airbags. Only have the seatbelt sensor for the the driver seat and it is completely transferred.

Last edited by sabawballs; 05-14-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sabawballs
@BMW ALPINA

yep its my car. The seats are SR-7F (flat bolsters) KK100 model. I originally wanted the Recaro SR-7F ASM Limited II (the one with red stitching) though it is not locally available or just plainly expensive as hell so i settled with this. Still loving them because of the flat bolsters but still keeps you in place.

Re rails, i haven't used any after market rails. I used my stock railings + adapter for the seats but still saving up for some Bride rails.

Also no sensors for the passenger seat and no side airbags. Only have the seatbelt sensor for the the driver seat and it is completely transferred.
Thank so much for your information.
From what I read at Honda Access Modulo website,
we need to install their seat railing (sold separately from the seat)
in order to install them, but from my understanding,
you were able to fabricate your own made adapter to make the seat work with the factory railing. That is great

I actually like this seat color (that you currently have) more then the ASM with red stitching one, because I don't like the ASM logo on a Recaro seat...
again I want to say, your seat is very nice

Do you buy it from Rakuten (Japan) or you bought it locally?
May I know the price that you pay for the pair ?

Thanks again.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Thank so much for your information.
From what I read at Honda Access Modulo website,
we need to install their seat railing (sold separately from the seat)
in order to install them, but from my understanding,
you were able to fabricate your own made adapter to make the seat work with the factory railing. That is great

I actually like this seat color (that you currently have) more then the ASM with red stitching one, because I don't like the ASM logo on a Recaro seat...
again I want to say, your seat is very nice

Do you buy it from Rakuten (Japan) or you bought it locally?
May I know the price that you pay for the pair ?

Thanks again.
Yes you are correct, my friend fabricated the adapter for it to bolt on my stock railings Also with the stock railings on, it is more "cleaner" in terms of installation since the plastics on where the railings are connected to the body can still be placed

Thanks for the compliment for the seat color. I was using a Red DC2 Recaro SR3 before but i found the bolsters to high for me to go in and out easily. Plus its only a DD

This is the actually the one i wanted (Recaro SR-7F ASM Limited IS 11)

Bought mine locally for around $2125 pair