General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Comfy fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Comfy fit

Ok, I have to ask this because its a peeve and very important to me. I would like a fit , but, I need good seats. Just to give you an idea of what I NEED.
My rsx-s seats were so hard and the lower seat short that my legs ALWAYS went numb after about on hour in the seat.
My old civic did this too.
My GF's sentra , an 06, has great seats that are way more supportive than most small cars. We tried the new civic and found them to be crappy as well.
We make a lot of 4 hour drives between atlanta and nashville and need good seats. I suppose the fit seats are just as crap as the new civic. If I replace the front seats with something more comfy will I sill be able to fold down the passenger seat for hauling? Can any of you suggest good snug seats to place in the fit?

BTW, I DO like some honda seats. The last two preludes had great seats.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
the front seats are integrated with side airbags....if you're willing to give up such an important safety option, then there are plenty of great seats out there...i don't really like the clothe seats in the Fits, if only the offer leather....

Old 05-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I found the Fit seats to be very comfy.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:23 AM
I have the same problem in our 93 accord, as well as our 04 accord but I find the fit seats suit me much better I havn't gotten sore or numd yet.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:29 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
well unless your buying a luxury car you might just have to deal with the seats...i feel confortable in the FiT even without the dead pedal...the seats are just fine for me cause i never get any feeling of disconfort. They are just a little better than my 240sx seats

Old 05-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Well, I dont get why Honda insist on putting cheap hard seats in there cars when Nissan and Mazda install nice seats in theirs. I will check the fit seats out but I dont plan to be happy with them. This isnt about getting a cheap car for me. This is about getting a versitle car that is good on gas. I need something I can run to home depot in and drive 4 hours to atlanta.
I wonder if these recaros would fit in the fit , http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...oErgomedES.asp

Old 05-21-2006, 02:01 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by espressogeek
Well, I dont get why Honda insist on putting cheap hard seats in there cars when Nissan and Mazda install nice seats in theirs. I will check the fit seats out but I dont plan to be happy with them. This isnt about getting a cheap car for me. This is about getting a versitle car that is good on gas. I need something I can run to home depot in and drive 4 hours to atlanta.
I wonder if these recaros would fit in the fit , http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...oErgomedES.asp
try them out there not bad...in C/D it said the nissan versa did not have good thigh support...you thigh tends to hang over a little more and that can cause discomfort

Old 05-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Master FitFreaker
I like the fit seats when I test drove it, but I still and will change it to recaros

Old 05-21-2006, 08:15 AM
I find the seats more comfortable than my 2002 Civic. You sit up higher and have better visibly. When you're only 4' 11", that's important. It took me awhile to realize I didn't need to push the seat so far forward. At first, my knee would hit the dash. But now I've found a comfortable position and I'm absolutely loving this car!

Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I'm 6'4", and the seats are not comfortable. No legroom for the driver and no thigh support for my legs.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Someone that Posts too much
I think the best to do is go check the Fit for yourself, cause what some people may find comfy you may find discomport. This is actually a question only you can answer.

Personally i find the seat comfy, there's enough thigh support for me (i'm 5'7") More would be uncomfy for long drives (Illinois-Toronto) as you'd like to be able to move around quite a bit and not stationary or feeling glued, I have my S2000 for that purpose.

^^^ goes to show that me and someone who is 6'4" differed.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, I have to ask this because its a peeve and very important to me. I would like a fit , but, I need good seats. Just to give you an idea of what I NEED.
My rsx-s seats were so hard and the lower seat short that my legs ALWAYS went numb after about on hour in the seat.
My old civic did this too.
My GF's sentra , an 06, has great seats that are way more supportive than most small cars. We tried the new civic and found them to be crappy as well.
We make a lot of 4 hour drives between atlanta and nashville and need good seats. I suppose the fit seats are just as crap as the new civic. If I replace the front seats with something more comfy will I sill be able to fold down the passenger seat for hauling? Can any of you suggest good snug seats to place in the fit?

BTW, I DO like some honda seats. The last two preludes had great seats.
All I needed to do was add a small memory foam pillow on the seat and I'm very happy with the Fit. My Accord and my old Civic wagon had seats that were too firm and I also had to use a backrest pillow, too. I spend a lot of time in my car and I agree that seat comfort is a big issue.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FondaFit
All I needed to do was add a small memory foam pillow on the seat and I'm very happy with the Fit. My Accord and my old Civic wagon had seats that were too firm and I also had to use a backrest pillow, too. I spend a lot of time in my car and I agree that seat comfort is a big issue.

What kind of memory foam pillow?

You have a picture of it or link to a store?

Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kz098123
What kind of memory foam pillow?

You have a picture of it or link to a store?
The memory foam neck pillow "fits" perfectly on the Fit driver's seat. Mine is made by Beauty Rest. I've seen it on sale at Super Target (I got mine in a more local place, a Beall's Outlet, for $14) and sometimes at Sam's. It comes with a white terry cloth washable cover (which, incidentally, doesn't attract pet hair like the seat fabric does). The memory foam bounces back instead of packing down like most pillows do. Some places charge a fortune for these pillows, so don't pay retail! I'm editing this post -- just found a link for on-line purchase for $19.99 through Target:http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0002XZMQ2

Last edited by FondaFit; 05-22-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
This link takes me to a page with a $3200 seat. Is that right? You want to put a $3k + seat in a $15000 car?!

Old 05-22-2006, 10:44 AM
I find the seats have zero lumbar support. This is especially important if you have lower back pain. Luckily I don't drive the car for long distances.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
If I replace the front seats with something more comfy will I sill be able to fold down the passenger seat for hauling? Can any of you suggest good snug seats to place in the fit?
When you mean fold down, you mean fold back for "Long Mode" right?

I would try the new Civic Si seats. They look very comfortable. They have side airbags too. I am pretty sure the airbag interface is the same and should be compatible. It does not have adjustable lumbar though, but it will fold back for "Long Mode".