2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of Headlights for 2012 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 AM
In need of Headlights for 2012 Fit?

I was looking to make the car look more into the performance sporty kind of look. And was looking for headlights preferably something like the halogens where could I get some, if they even have any for the model?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
Halogens? Um... did you mean Halos? Like the little rings? Cause the bulbs in the headlight are already halogens.

So, are you looking for halo rings? LEDs? or maybe HIDs (retrofitted or otherwise)?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah thats what I meant my bad haha. The Halo Rings basically

Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
those are ugly, dont do it

Old 04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
You have 2 options:

retrofit projectors/halos=$300 (DIY) $800 (Done professionally)

ebay cheapo's=$350

BTW they didn't change headlight shape/fitment so anything from 2009+ should work.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
But beware fitment issues of sellers that aren't selling USDM headlights.

You can't really see it in my avatar, but I changed my headlights.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post882394

The problem with my headlights are many... types of fitment issues.

As I mentioned there and in another thread... the top two mounts don't line up with the car. The turn signal bulb also doesn't match. I have a make shift adapter (cutting a clothes hanger into something that barely holds the bulb near the hole). But it looks like the headlight I bought are EUDM based on the lettering near the turn signal bulb location (it's lettering for the European bulb type).

There are newer headlights out that look similar, but I don't know if they have the same problem, or if they are indeed for USDM. I'm actually thinking about switching over to this: 09-UP HONDA FIT DUAL HALO LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - CHROME or 09-UP HONDA FIT DUAL HALO LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - BLACK, if I can find a decent reseller (and hopefully, there won't be any fitment issues). I'm just a bit torn by the two choices... the black contrasts too much with my SSM Fit. And the chrome is just too shiny. I wish there was a matte silver version.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
It doesn't have amber reflectors on the side (these do Lighting ~ Headlights ~ Honda ~ Fit), so I'd be cautious, in case these are EUDM. But yeah, these are basically the ones I'm talking about that came right after I bought mine.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi and low on diffent bulbs? Hows that work with our OE harness?

Might be fun to gut the whole thing and do a quad retro with better shrouds. hmmmm.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
It has a wiring adapter that splits the H4 plug to two H1s. The dual H1 sends the "hot" wire to the appropriate bulb, and splits the single ground wire in two. If you look at an H4 bulb, it's the same thing, except the "split" is by the two filaments themselves. Each hot wire goes to a filament and their ground merges on the way back.

I emailed spec'd tuning about where I can buy the headlight they advertise and whether or not it fits USDM Fits.

Anyone else interested, maybe get a group buy going? Spec'd Tuning is a wholesaler, so I thought if there's a group buy, they might sell it directly.

edit: as for gutting it for quad retro... I've thought about it... but I'm worried that there might not be enough room to fit TWO H1 Minimoto houses. And those are the smallest I've seen.

The problem is both INSIDE the main housing and OUTSIDE. On the inside, they might be too close together to have room for two projector housings. On the outside, the back molding might not allow for it (where the high beam bulb is, is quite shallow). And even if you replace it with a custom mold... it might jam itself against the radiator support (my headlights already are pushing against it).

Last edited by Goobers; 04-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
It has a wiring adapter that splits the H4 plug to two H1s. The dual H1 sends the "hot" wire to the appropriate bulb, and splits the single ground wire in two. If you look at an H4 bulb, it's the same thing, except the "split" is by the two filaments themselves. Each hot wire goes to a filament and their ground merges on the way back.

I emailed spec'd tuning about where I can buy the headlight they advertise and whether or not it fits USDM Fits.

Anyone else interested, maybe get a group buy going? Spec'd Tuning is a wholesaler, so I thought if there's a group buy, they might sell it directly.

edit: as for gutting it for quad retro... I've thought about it... but I'm worried that there might not be enough room to fit TWO H1 Minimoto houses. And those are the smallest I've seen.

The problem is both INSIDE the main housing and OUTSIDE. On the inside, they might be too close together to have room for two projector housings. On the outside, the back molding might not allow for it (where the high beam bulb is, is quite shallow). And even if you replace it with a custom mold... it might jam itself against the radiator support (my headlights already are pushing against it).
Ah, I see how the dual bulbs function now. I figured it involved a harness like that of sorts.

As for the quad retro, you have very legit points. Although if i wasn't already happy with my retro, I'd actually challage that idea. Just a cool idea, not going to make anything of it though. I'm sure you've already thought it through.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member

Seriously? To each their own, but...Those things are so busy looking and the fake Audi thing looks ricey to me.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Seriously? To each their own, but...Those things are so busy looking and the fake Audi thing looks ricey to me.
Fake Audi? Do you mean the R8 lights?

I'm not talking about those. The ones I'm talking about are the two pictures I posted.

I'm not sure, but I think BMWs have these... dual bulb with an LED line and two dots above.

Last edited by Goobers; 04-30-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Why is that? On an Audi, led is the shit, but on everything else it's rice. Which is pretty much those lights are. I know quality is no where the same, but the general idea is the same.

Or is it considered ricey, because it's an imitation? Well in that case why don't people consider all knock offs ricey?

I guess it's all about price. Expensive and fugly can get away by being "baller"

While cheaper more affordable=rice.

Example; audi, Lamborghini, VIP style =P. A rose by any other shell is....

Lol sorry I wasn't knocking on you in any way. It's just the idea of rice that I always question. I see "rice" as more of an additude type deal, and the word is just abused.

I do agree with you on the style though. Not my taste.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
It can be done I'm sure. You could probably get an FX-R on the outside position too.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
It can be done I'm sure. You could probably get an FX-R on the outside position too.
You willing to do it?

If I can find/get the Spec-d version of the dual headlights, I'll send you the spyder version (the R8 style I have now) for you to "prototype" on.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
You willing to do it?

If I can find/get the Spec-d version of the dual headlights, I'll send you the spyder version (the R8 style I have now) for you to "prototype" on.
Sure I'll try anything. Hell I'm building LS460 Bi-Xenons into a 7" sealed beam right now.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Thanks Goober, I was looking for something like those. Now that I know that the fitment issue wont be to much of a problem I don't have as much to worry about now.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
hey I like the black one
any idea when you can work out the details?
if no fitment and wiring issues, I am in for a pair....

Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
It's been two days since I emailed Spec-D Tuning... no response yet. So, no idea what's going on.

Quick Reply: In need of Headlights for 2012 Fit?