2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to join the Fit family =D

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I would suggest doing an over-night test drive. Make sure the seats are comfortable for you, because they aren't for a lot of people, including myself. I'll probably trade mine in on something else in a couple years.

As for pricing there's only about $500 in MSRP vs Invoice so I doubt you're going to get any big discounts. Just try to talk them down as close as you can to the invoice price, then refuse all the extras they try to sell you (where car dealerships make their money).

If you get them close to invoice and refuse all the extra warranties and stuff, they're almost making nothing on the car.

2012 Honda Fit Sport — Price With Options

Old 05-13-2012, 05:26 PM
First post here!

I bought my Fit w/Navi in SoCal, and got no deal on the vehicle itself. I did get a staggeringly good deal on my trade-in though (actual blue book trade in versus the 2-3k undervaluation all other dealers were offering), even though it had visible damage to the rear bumper.

I like the navi but I've never had it before so I've not got much to compare it to, but it does stream bluetooth audio.

I compare it to the Fiesta which just didn't excite me, and the Sonic which felt so cheap I didn't bother to test-drive.

Summing up, if you haven't already, get this car!

Old 05-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Cornfed
First post here!

I bought my Fit w/Navi in SoCal, and got no deal on the vehicle itself. I did get a staggeringly good deal on my trade-in though (actual blue book trade in versus the 2-3k undervaluation all other dealers were offering), even though it had visible damage to the rear bumper.

I like the navi but I've never had it before so I've not got much to compare it to, but it does stream bluetooth audio.

I compare it to the Fiesta which just didn't excite me, and the Sonic which felt so cheap I didn't bother to test-drive.

Summing up, if you haven't already, get this car!
Congrats on the new Fit. I'm still working on selling my current car. Which dealership did you go to?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thunderwoof
Congrats on the new Fit. I'm still working on selling my current car. Which dealership did you go to?
I went to the Thousand Oaks dealer. Really impressed with them too.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Wow. I never knew people actually teared a car to pieces before buying it. No wonder car engineers go to bed with nightmares. Lol

I literally bought my fit on a whim. I was adamant about my options, but that was all i really cared about. I literally just had my girlfriend set up the finances with financing, because she's a service advisor there. I just walked in for delivery, and paper signing. No test drive, no researching, no nothing.

Why'd I buy a fit? I liked how it look. my ideology. If there isn't something I like, or something that bothers me. I'll just mod or change it.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Finally sold my current car, so I'll probably go down to a Honda dealer and pick up a Fit this wknd. Any tips on what to ask for? Like free accessories? One of the dealers I went to tried to sell me an "enhancement" option, which is basically a paint protection thing for $700. Is that necessary?

Last edited by thunderwoof; 06-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
Why'd I buy a fit? I liked how it look. my ideology. If there isn't something I like, or something that bothers me. I'll just mod or change it.
same here and also the "advertised" MPG....

One of the dealers I went to tried to sell me an "enhancement" option, which is basically a paint protection thing for $700. Is that necessary?
i think thats Bullshit...

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Finally sold my current car, so I'll probably go down to a Honda dealer and pick up a Fit this wknd. Any tips on what to ask for? Like free accessories? One of the dealers I went to tried to sell me an "enhancement" option, which is basically a paint protection thing for $700. Is that necessary?
Just watch out for what they try to sell you in addition to the car.

Don't get an extended warranty. These can be added through Honda at any time up until the factory warranty expires. Purchasing them online after the sale is a lot less expensive. Personally I don't think they are a good value at any price.

The dealer will try to sell you service contracts. I'd avoid them.

The interest rate (if you finance) is also negotiable. If you're getting a loan, make sure you don't pay too much. Dealers make money on the loans. In some cases more than they do on the car.

Around here, dealers add a document, or ADM fee averaging around $500 per sale. They insist they "must" do this on all cars. Consider this in advance of negotiating a price (ask them up front what their document fees are). When they pulled this after I had a price agreed on I walked, and they called me on the way home to lower the price by the same amount.

Nothing is free; everything is negotiable. Check dealer add-ons from an online website like College Hills Honda for anything you like. Include these in your negotiations.

Last edited by Steve244; 06-01-2012 at 01:46 PM.