2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone recommend a backup camera?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone recommend a backup camera?

Anyone install one in their Fit? Wireless any good? Looking for suggestions and/or install tips for the Fit. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
i have a cheap ebay one for like 30 bucks its not bad, ill take a pic later. my pioneer headunit sucks thoe if i leave the camera on. it will turn on in reverse then in gear it stays on a black screen. I dont know how to fix it, so I have to turn it on or off.

its nice when i parallel park in chicago but other than that never use it.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cfran55
i have a cheap ebay one for like 30 bucks its not bad, ill take a pic later. my pioneer headunit sucks thoe if i leave the camera on. it will turn on in reverse then in gear it stays on a black screen. I dont know how to fix it, so I have to turn it on or off.

its nice when i parallel park in chicago but other than that never use it.
You need a camera to parallel park a Fit? Geez in the good old days of land yachts we had to be able to do it to get a licence. Try a squeezing an 18 footer into a tight spot.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
You need a camera to parallel park a Fit? Geez in the good old days of land yachts we had to be able to do it to get a licence. Try a squeezing an 18 footer into a tight spot.
no i dont really need it but i turn it on just to use it lol, regardless i make sure i park in enough space front and back. everytime i go to get some cupcakes i see a lady back into a car with her suv.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by cfran55
no i dont really need it but i turn it on just to use it lol, regardless i make sure i park in enough space front and back. everytime i go to get some cupcakes i see a lady back into a car with her suv.
Tow hook will prevent that....

Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
Anyone install one in their Fit? Wireless any good? Looking for suggestions and/or install tips for the Fit. Thanks.
Are you planning on modifying your stock Navi (w/ something like this NAVTOOL )to get the rearview camera to work with it?

From the reviews I've read so far most of those cheapy cameras are just that. I have read good reviews on the Boyo camera's, the VTL375 looks like a good choice, it comes already securely mounted on a license plate.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
The VTL375 is really nice. And the VTL375HD. Wait for BOYO's New Top View and picture in picture camera! It'll blow you away.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned
"Peak" is a brand of inexpensive rear-view cameras. The camera is hidden inside a plastic rear license plate frame, and it send the video image wirelessly to the dash-mount 3" screen. Under $100.

Also--- look at the Pyle CM7200 with the night vision camera and 7" rear view mirror display. Also under $100.00.

Last edited by Triskelion; 11-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
@ Black3sr, Definitely not the good ole' days anymore when compacts are fitted with hands-free parking and even subcompacts with back-up cameras. I still remember those curb guide antennas and changing lanes with a full-sized Mach I fastback.

Back on topic, sorry, no recommendations here...

Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Are you planning on modifying your stock Navi (w/ something like this NAVTOOL )to get the rearview camera to work with it?

From the reviews I've read so far most of those cheapy cameras are just that. I have read good reviews on the Boyo camera's, the VTL375 looks like a good choice, it comes already securely mounted on a license plate.
Woah! First time I heard of this NavTool. Any experience/threads on it? I only see an item for the 07-11 Fit. Nothing for the '12-13.

It doesn't appear that my 2012 nav screen can support video though, can it?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM
For latest technology tips, tricks and news visit Techtips-world.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shamoo
Woah! First time I heard of this NavTool. Any experience/threads on it? I only see an item for the 07-11 Fit. Nothing for the '12-13.

It doesn't appear that my 2012 nav screen can support video though, can it?
According to Navtool there's a different models for the 09-11's as opposed to the 12-13's --> Honda FIT interfaces

Here's a DIY on the previous version which required to splice/remove the old screen ribbon, and install the Navtools ribbon... Read the whole DIY it explains it all --> DIY: Add Auxilary Video Inputs to Display Custom Video on Stock Navigation Screen - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
The new version of Navtool, does away with that step, and the install is much easier.

After your done intalling the Navtool, you can install a game system, DVD, etc and use the inputs on the Navtool. Here's the same guy's DIY on the back up camera DIY: Add Backup Camera for Reverse Camera Display on Factory Nav Screen - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums

Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you sir! Unfortunately, the '12-13 years don't have anything yet.

Looks like something I will DEFINITELY do when my year becomes available. Always wanted a backup camera/video features.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:29 AM
LOL, if you need a back-up camera to put your Fit in reverse or to parallel park you shouldn't be driving in a first place.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitsMePerfect
LOL, if you need a back-up camera to put your Fit in reverse or to parallel park you shouldn't be driving in a first place.
I'm going to assume you're not married to a woman who is electronically challenged! lol

Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 AM
Too funny!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought a Navtool interface on eBay for $200 for my 2010 Fit. I know it's a bit pricy, but I didn't want a separate LCD screen somewhere on the dash or hanging from the windshield. Too much of a theft threat. The final push over the top to buy it was the ability to watch DVD's on the navi screen on a long trip. I can't watch, but my wife can. Now I just need to find a good camera for the back bumper.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by tampabikeracer
I just bought a Navtool interface on eBay for $200 for my 2010 Fit. .......
Does the new one do away with the replacing the ribbon part? I've been told the new version of the Navtool is plug & play more or less.

Take some pics of the unit & install, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not sure, but I think you do have to go in and change the ribbon. I haven't got the unit yet, but I'll try to do a DIY on the install once I get all the parts.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Even if you can't do a DIY... take plenty pics.

Been thinking of getting a Navtool myself on my 09 GE8 w/Navi.

Quick Reply: Anyone recommend a backup camera?