2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Photo Request: Black Fit with Projector Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Photo Request: Black Fit with Projector Retrofit

I'm completely torn between getting a set of Base headlights for my 09 GE8 or keeping the stock Sport headlights. I picked up a set of morimoto projectors with Apollo shrouds, and the car is black and stock. I don't think i've ever been this indecisive on a project before in my life.

Does anyone have pics of their black fit with a retrofit? I'd like a full on comparison so I can be swayed one way or the other

Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
I toyed w/ the idea too...You could just buy my retrofits . IMO the black trim is the best fit for a black car. All black on the headlights might look rice or nice...hard to say.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I toyed w/ the idea too...You could just buy my retrofits . IMO the black trim is the best fit for a black car. All black on the headlights might look rice or nice...hard to say.
Yup if I did go in the direction of black headlights, it would definitely be either the sports with the bezels painted black, or base headlights. I will keep the bowls chrome, and the parking light reflector chrome as well.

Are the aftermarket base headlights any good? I don't want to spend 250-300 per side from honda, and finding a set of used OEM's in almost impossible.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Idk the aftermarket headlights have had mixed reviews esp. w/ fitment. See Goobers for info. I'm not trying to be pushy but you really should check out my retrofits in my signature.

Also, chrome looks strange...found out the hard way: Project retrofit done...for now - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Idk the aftermarket headlights have had mixed reviews esp. w/ fitment. See Goobers for info. I'm not trying to be pushy but you really should check out my retrofits in my signature.

Also, chrome looks strange...found out the hard way: Project retrofit done...for now - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums
I don't think the chrome looks bad. I don't think it looks good with yellow fogs and no amber reflector. I think it would have looked better with the amber reflector left in there and clear fogs. Right now I think our fit looks great with stock headlights. Flows well with the sport wheels and clear fogs and chrome H emblem on the grill. I guess maybe now I'm just considering a change to make it a little more aggressive.

Also you're not pushy I just can't afford some already-retrofitted headlights and I'd rather do the work myself to not have any labor costs. This isn't my first retrofit and the morimotos are an absolute cake walk to install.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Be sure to trim the inner tab on the H4 adapter plate and set your rotation manually. The passenger side reflector bowl on the Fit is not level.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Be sure to trim the inner tab on the H4 adapter plate and set your rotation manually. The passenger side reflector bowl on the Fit is not level.
Yep I had a feeling I'd have to do the H4 piece mod due to alignment issues. The same issue exists with my JDM accord Stanley headlights. Odd thing though is the Depo replica's of the JDM headlights align perfectly and don't need any rotation at all. Wonder if the Fit Depo headlights are the same?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
I wish I had your experience when I started. Burned 2 headlights at Honda prices and could have paid for a pair already done for that cost

Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shar
Yep I had a feeling I'd have to do the H4 piece mod due to alignment issues. The same issue exists with my JDM accord Stanley headlights. Odd thing though is the Depo replica's of the JDM headlights align perfectly and don't need any rotation at all. Wonder if the Fit Depo headlights are the same?
The knockoffs are the same as the OEMs from what I've seen. It never hurts to trim before you install as it can possibly save you many hours of headaches.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
Ohhh I thought you were talking about the knockoff headlights w/ the projectors built in...sorry.