2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake vs altitude etc...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
The DBW throttle plate manipulation is only part of the scheme employed to limit power to factory ordained acceptable limits.

Its a survival mechanism the engineers put in.

As far as gains.. Gain from what..?

The intake pipe from the first post? No.
Thanks! FYI, I did not shoot myself in the foot, my car is bone stock.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^and needs a new horn

Old 07-11-2012, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
The ECU pulls timing, enriches the mixture and starts to shut the throttle plate.

So basically the burn is slowed and cooled with excess fuel, the burn is started later and there is less air admitted to the plenum and what does make it in is at lower pressure than ambient conditions.

At altitude this is unnecessary on a stock Fit, as you will not reach the parameters it determines to be excessive, because there is not enough oxygen to create the power in the first place.

First, let me apologize for going off on you. I had just returned from a 2 hour verbal combat witgh Democrats who refuse to believe the costs their administration is putting you and others not yet retired: $50k added to each one of you for just his addition to the national debt, $21,000 a year to the 100 million wage-earners to pay for ObamaCare. They couldn't deny the numbers but didn't want to change to balanced budgets even tho to a person they operated their housdeholds on a balanced budget. There's a reason for Democrats, they aren't smart enough to be anything else.
Thanks for letting me blow off steam, unfortunately it was you.
PS that doesn;'t make you right. Don't know about yours but my Fit staggers immediately on reaching rdline; there's no tailing off. The dyno sees only a digital cutoff.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Those figures come from?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM
The intermittent ignition cut at redline, to limit rpm, is not the same as dialing back a few degrees of timing.

One is cut all spark events, the other is merely firing later in the cycle.

I dont mind that you blew up on me, I am pretty thick skinned and not always perfectly polite myself. I am still unsure how we're not seeing eye to eye on this given your purported experience. This is stuff I deal with day in and day out.

As for the politics, please start another thread for that. This is enough of a mess.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by mahout
There's a reason for Democrats, they aren't smart enough to be anything else.
I'm voting ABO! NObama 2012!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by '12Fit
The political system is nothing but a dog and pony show....

Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The political system is nothing but a dog and pony show....
You shouldn't diss dogs and ponies. BTW where did you find one in politicians?

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by '12Fit
Not surprizingly, yoiu're in a huge majority. Its noting that Romney is not so good but Obama and Democrats are so bad. People have begun to see all tghose wild promises are undoable, like ObamaCare. We wage earners can't support the country's health care. Just not possible for 100 million wage earners to pay $2 trillion in yearly heath care. Thats $20k a year! and even a progressive tax scedule can't do it. just not e

Don't know where it comes from but the best bumper stickedr I've seen is:

AFTER OBAMA
BELIEVE IN AMERICA

Well stated.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
You shouldn't diss dogs and ponies. BTW where did you find one in politicians?
You're right... Dogs at least have sense enough to not shit where they are fed.. Ponies least are cute until one steps on your foot.... I have been seriously considering expatriating to a 3rd world country.... Feeling like I only have two extremist choices to vote on has never made sense to me... 50% of the people here are always bitching because they buy into the scam that one side are the other is actually controlling the country and the other side is getting more than the other.... I remember when people could pay for medical expenses without the need for insurance and corporations didn't decide everything that was good for profit that killed people was a good thing. Now I need to shower and be off for my government physical at the V.A. clinic so they can once again tell me I must take the pills that make me stupid... I pity the damn fools that have to pay through the nose for the same pills...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Who's paying for the illegal's health care right now?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkane

Righht now its a combination of other patients who have insurance or who have financial means and the medicakl industry forbearance. The problem will arise when anyone, illegalk or not, will have medical help at taxpayer expense.
Ta good look at Hawaii's failed attempt at ObanmaCare.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
According to the ER clerks at Parkland hospital in Dallas they always pay cash... Texas has never done worth a damn without cheap labor and wetbacks bust their asses while wearing ugly clothes and a big smile.... It was the white people that crossed the Sabine river here that were the first people to be called wetbacks...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
And who's paying for anyones healthcare who has no insurance? Have no insurance, cut the hell out of your hand and the bill quickly surpasses $200,000. Who foots the bill?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM
And who's paying for anyones healthcare who has no insurance? Have no insurance, cut the hell out of your hand and the bill quickly surpasses $200,000. Who foots the bill?
I don't know much about the healthcare system in terms of money distribution but I can guess an unpaid bill is not nearly as costly as its charged/perceived. An illustration would be like this:

Someone buys a steak and lobster at Red Lobster and walks out without paying. Many people would say the restaurant has to recoup the ($36) meal when really its just ($9) cost. Profit/overcharging is huge in medical so I'd imagine this example to be conservative.

I'm not saying anything is right about it but its not quite as bad as many people I talk to assume.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Romney needs to go back to being who he really is. He enacted RomneyCare (not named this), exact same thing as ObamaCare in Massachusetts and just look at the greatness it did for that state. Was a huge flop, he gets elected and nothing changes at all. As stated, it's all just a game and the American people are just played against one another. The last real President the US had was assassinated, the main reason, he wanted to do away with the Federal (non-Federal) Reserve. Thank you Woodrow for phucking the people of the United States.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
It is the insurance companies, corporate owned medical care facilities and pharmaceutical companies that are responsible for the high medical cost... Prescription medication is priced over 30% less on the other side of the Rio Grande.... I worked in mental health for a few years in the 1970 before Reagan and the other criminals took over the country... I promise that I saw patients that exhausted their family's money and insurance in private hospitals after being inpatient for years become well in just a few months in a state hospital where profit wasn't an issue.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Don't forget the other snakes in the puzzle T_C, the lawyers.