2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear CUSCO Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
i do the gas and brake to shift weight always FWD
my rear just feel like its wiping a lil when going a lil too fast on the hard ass turns i knw i need coil-overs but for now just wanted to knw if that rear sway bar would help till i get the coil-overs
hummm... i would start with your braking and throttle input first before changing anything. do you have anything else on the car right now?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
na jsut new tires stock as fuk but i think i need to work on throttle a lil more sumtimes i let off gass when turning like a dumb ass lol

Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
na jsut new tires stock as fuk
try it at 34psi cold all around and see where it takes you. this is on a '12? not sure about your car, but the springs on my '12 were waay soft for any kind of performance driving.

the swifts made driving a tad more direct, although a set of koni's would definitely improve the response significantly. my GE is my crap weather beater so i dont intend to spend much more $ on it. in my area no canyons so not so demanding either.

ive done plenty of canyon carving when i lived in LA so i think i know what kind of roads you're encountering. i think best would be to learn the braking/throttle input first. and swap out those springs to swifts.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
you are just a front swaybar hater.
I don't deny this.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I don't deny this.
As a matter of fact, I think DSM is a "remove front swaybar, save weight" kind of guy.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
That too, or remove front sway bar for drag strip on FWD/AWD.

But for Fits that have to take corners you have to consider your weight distribution is 60/40-F/R so stiffer up front is going to push around corners more than it already does all other things left equal.

Now if you have a situation where the back likes to come around when you let off the gas as you enter the corner, and then you make the nose push more as well you have just created a very precarious situation by narrowing your margin for error. Lateral grip has been further diminished.

Basically it's a toss up between going over the cliff forwards or backwards at that point.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
ok so my psi was set at 40 psi all around Yikes

so i change it to 36psi front and 35 rear it held the road much better felt great i drive a 2012 sportwith nav AT STOCk besides greddy axel and itake LOL and to top it all off on the way up i ran into a vw hatch gti that foo pulled over hahah made me lead i lost him by turn 3 lol but ya much better im probly gunna still get the sway for the rear since its such a great deal not the front yet i like a lil play in the front and as for springs not be mean but i rather waste that money on coiovers

Old 10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for all the info guys yall r the shit

Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
As a matter of fact, I think DSM is a "remove front swaybar, save weight" kind of guy.
hahaha.

ok so my psi was set at 40 psi all around Yikes

so i change it to 36psi front and 35 rear it held the road much better felt great i drive a 2012 sportwith nav AT STOCk besides greddy axel and itake LOL and to top it all off on the way up i ran into a vw hatch gti that foo pulled over hahah made me lead i lost him by turn 3 lol but ya much better im probly gunna still get the sway for the rear since its such a great deal not the front yet i like a lil play in the front and as for springs not be mean but i rather waste that money on coiovers
ahhh, yah, that's too high. hahaha. unless you're a hypermiler or something you dont want to go too high. on my GE im using 33-36psi.

the higher psi is to compensate for cooler weather we are encountering this time of year. the temps are falling so i need to keep the psi a tad on the higher side to compensate until i air it up again. we have a wide temp range right now of about 30F during the night and day... that's a 3psi difference right there.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Now if you have a situation where the back likes to come around when you let off the gas as you enter the corner, and then you make the nose push more as well you have just created a very precarious situation by narrowing your margin for error. Lateral grip has been further diminished.
if your car's nose is "pushing" more then you just lessened your rear rotation bias.

but if your front end is at its ideal suspension stroke to turn the car from the torsional support, then yes, you could potentially cause more rear rotation.

until one trial/error's this it's hard to tell where the ideal zone is with the tires and offset one's using. but adding a rear swaybar in the earlier condition will most likely make the car more tail happy off throttle if the tires aren't gripping well from the getgo. as you already know, the swaybar causes more lateral g to be handled by the sidewall....and if it's not gripping, then well, it's not going to magically start gripping.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
so what do u think should i get the cusco rear bar or not its 125

Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM
The only person who can answer that Wafulz is you.

Do you like the way the car handles as is? Do you think your driving will benefit from the addition of a rear sway bar? Can you utilize the added oversteer to corner better?

In my opinion, and I think you said yourself, that you need some more time with the car in the drivers seat to learn its current limits. Once you've reached those and the car is holding you back, upgrade away.

I personally haven't run into any situations where the car exhibited serious understeer that I wasn't able to easily correct with throttle, but i'm sure the first time I hit a cone course in it i'm going to be cursing the hell out of the car. I have yet to HPDE or autox the Fit.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
^^ yah, what wanderer said. i would not get one. instead, i recommend you get the swift springs if you are going to mod. it makes your car a lot sportier and you will enjoy the handling more.

or just save up and get some coilovers down the road.

non-adjustable swaybars are a hit or miss. i never liked the progress rear swaybar on my GD. sold it and just ran coilovers.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
^ Idk I'm riding on stock springs and I have the progress RSB and I love it, but I do have better tires and wider wheels. I still haven't really drove the wife's car since we installed the spoon FSB, it feels a little better when we went up to Tampa a few weeks ago. Then again I think it really falls down to driving style (oppa oppa driving style...sorry couldn't help it).

Anyway Wafulz it's up to you on what you want to do, trail and error is the only way you'll really learn.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Wafulz you have to roll with me on one of my canyon runs to see what a difference the Swifts and RSB make.

I really do not believe a Fit with all else equal other then my suspension set up and the other car with coils can out perform me on the street or track.

I know it helps that I've been driving and riding bikes on these canyon roads for the past 30 years or so but you would be surprised at how much fun you can have in your Fit with Swifts and anybody's RSB.

The only problem I have going down hill is cooking the stock brakes and this is only if pushing hard on say Decker canyon road going West down hill.

The rear end never gets upset or kicks out on me at all.I'll let you know the next time I'm hitting up the canyons

Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by swflej1
(oppa oppa driving style...sorry couldn't help it)
BEST ever

Truth as well.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
im down to roll with u when what time lol im still gunna buy the rsb fuk it its a great price and in my mind i feel it will help im hoping with my rear end and the way i drive if not fuk it take it off and sell it LOl and as for springs honestly rather just get coil overs im saveing for them but not sure what to go with im lean to BC but i want a custom spring rateing cuz i hear they a lil soft in the rear

WANDER yes i do love the way it handles so dam much it amazes me for a stock ass car it handles well but i feel the RSb will help me if not ill just sell it or trade and so far the psi change help alot i had a good run last night

Last edited by Wafulz; 10-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
zilla- you run the progress RSB with your swifts, right? i never liked how my GD behaved with progress as it had a very unnatural response when changing lanes or making quick manuvers.

do you get any kind of unnatural feel while changing lanes? honestly with my GE with swifts, i'd prefer a tad stiffer dampers vs going RSB... im open ears.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Anywho i just wanted to knw if anyones running it cuz so far seems like no one is

Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
you the g-pig, wafulz. keep us posted how you like it.

Quick Reply: Rear CUSCO Sway Bar