2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Honda Fit Base 65000 mile review and maintenance discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM
There is no filter on any Honda transmission. Look the people who come to thia forum actually own a Fit and depend upon information from these forums. Its very irresponsible to suggest someone go out to get a lab test or go against well published conventional advice.

Can we get some moderation in here to look at the Steve alias? Im going to send the admin a note about this guy.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SevereService
A lot of you guys are just trolls who probably dont even own a Honda Fit.

All I have to say is that if you want to drive around in your Honda Fit with brown transmission fluid or you want to get some kind of lab analysis not trusting your sense of smell or vision than more power to you. I will not be following your lead.

My advice to some of you is to actually go buy a Honda Fit before you start posting "expert advice" on it. I would also advise you to go out and take a basic mechanics class at your local university or even read Popular Mechanics. That way you can know a few basics before you troll around the internet about it.

Its obvious some people who have posted in this thread dont know too much about it. If you think mechanics are sealing up the bottom of the trans on the Honda Fit than Im wondering where the mods are as you troll the forum with such foolish thinking. You dont deserve to be here because you dont know anything about either Hondas or cars for that matter.

Let me give you a hint. Honda transmissions are sealed units and not meant to be serviced. You cant drop a Honda transmission pan because there is no pan. Actually, I cant remember when Honda transmissions were serviceable where you can drop a pan. They were sealed units in the 90s and they were sealed units in the 00s. The only service you can do is a transmission fluid change.

I know some of you guys are trolling and probably dont even know about cars.
Just because you have a Fit which I have owned and have 4 Honda products on my property right now and you cant take criticism dont assume I dont know any thing about cars. All Honda products are similar and especially their transmissions. If you have a problem take it up with Honda. Schools only teach you 10 percent of what you need to know and the rest is experience with the desire to keep learning. BTW most of the mechanics I know are self taught and very successful. My wife went to school to become a diesel tech but she knows nothing about engines.

You are looking like the Troll right now..

Old 11-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Looks like Steve is posting from his other account now. Is there no moderation on this site?

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Steve is already on my ignore list and now you. Good luck to you with your problems.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Steve is already on my ignore list and now you. Good luck to you with your problems.
I think his problems require a psychologist more than a mechanic...

Old 11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
There is no filter on any Honda transmission. Look the people who come to thia forum actually own a Fit and depend upon information from these forums. Its very irresponsible to suggest someone go out to get a lab test or go against well published conventional advice.

Can we get some moderation in here to look at the Steve alias? Im going to send the admin a note about this guy.
You're not very good at this...

I shudder to think about all the nice fresh ATF fluid commingling with the corruption that rests in the filter you claim doesn't exist.

You tell'm Bullet! (Who said that?)

Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Wow, both factually incorrect and a really bad faith post. And what's wrong with using a lab test to evaluate something? Do we need leeches for the transmission as well to keep the humors in balance?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member
Well played......

Originally Posted by Steve244
You're not very good at this...

I shudder to think about all the nice fresh ATF fluid commingling with the corruption that rests in the filter you claim doesn't exist.

You tell'm Bullet! (Who said that?)
And Mr.SevereService goes 'radio silent'........

Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I guess he is having trouble typing with that big foot in his mouth.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry....just couldn't resist...

Always funny...

Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM
I am an expert on automobiles. I have worked at car dealerships in the service department. I have worked at a Toyota dealership, a Buick dealership, a few bodyshops and at insurance companies. Right now I am an independent appraiser who drives around inspecting cars all day long. I have ALL of the ASE certifications one can have right here on my wall.
Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought someone this is an expert and has ALL of the ASE certifications would know that there is a ATF filter.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Worth it?

Originally Posted by blazej
Thanks for the suggestions, OP.

My 2009 Fit has 60K miles. I change the oil/ filter according to the minder (use full synthetic), change the air filter regularly (changed to a K&N filter), and the cabin filter. Do I need to do anything else?
have you noticed anything with the K&N? TIA

Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Funny thing is, I know of a ton of ASE cert'd techs who can't find their ass with both hands.

Simple stuff like fuel system sizing for a flexfuel vehicle too. Tried to tell me "AFRs on an E85 car are like 19.1:1 and 91oct is 14.7:1" not even discussion whether this was under load, idle/cruise just matter-of-factual when another non-car inclined friend brought it up because his car has one of the FF badges

SevereService here just needs some directions, fortunately, I have a map of sorts..
Name:  mountstupid1a.png
Views: 550
Size:  92.5 KB

Guys been a trip to read now and then since he started posting his useless opinion backed drivel here a year or so back, like others have mentioned.. hes a good candidate for the ignore list.

We both agree on one thing though, Steve244 is a useless douche-canoe. Broken clocks and all that I suppose.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-30-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Funny thing is, I know of a ton of ASE cert'd techs who can't find their ass with both hands.

Guys been a trip to read now and then since he started posting his useless opinion backed drivel here a year or so back, like others have mentioned.. hes a good candidate for the ignore list.
+1 on both of these. This is like the A+ certification with Computers and Networking; the biggest Joke in the industry.

I thought he had gone away but I guess not once I saw a new "Definitive guide to severe's expertise on everything automotive..."

~SB

Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
On the Toyotas I have owned, the brake pads never seem to wear out or have problems. The transmission never seems to have a problem on a Toyota. However, Toyotas are not built to be sporty. They are built to be all out reliable and have the greatest gas mileage possible. Hondas are built to have some sporty edge to them. Unfortunately, sport does not translate to all out reliability or free of maintenance.

I got a Honda because Toyotas are boring cars and I got tired of them. So if you are looking for the most reliable maintenance free car on the market regardless of anything else get yourself a Toyota. However, if you need a little more sport in your life get a Honda. The Toyota Camry is a tank and will go to hell and back, but it is the new old man's car. The Honda Accord has edge and is sporty. It has nice looks and handles like a dream, but you have to go a little bit further with the maintenance. The Toyota Corolla is a tank and will go to hell and back. Most island nations use the Toyota Corolla because its the only car which will take the island conditions where all others seem to fall short. However, the Corolla is not enjoyable to drive, not stylish and people look at it like the "poor mans car". Corolla isnt a bad car, but its just boring like all Toyotas. The Honda Fit and the Honda Civic just look more stylish, more upscale and drive sporty. The Corolla is more of a driving appliance where as the Civic/Fit are more driver's cars.
My last car was a Corolla approximately 120k when I traded in on the Fit. Only things ever needed was tires, brake pads changed and oil changes every 5k. Very reliable but like you said Toyota really does not offer fun cars if they did I would of brought one. I think the latest Civic is going more to wards the Corolla and the Mazda3 has become the fun car in that segment.

I think the Corolla has become the people's car since it is the number one in car sales in automobile history.

Last edited by cjecpa; 12-01-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
+1 on both of these. This is like the A+ certification with Computers and Networking; the biggest Joke in the industry.

I thought he had gone away but I guess not once I saw a new "Definitive guide to severe's expertise on everything automotive..."

~SB
You're looking at A+ cert wrong. It's the people that are boasting they have it that are a joke. A+ is good indicator that you know the minimum to use a computer, and if they make you a gopher to pick up parts, you'll know what you're picking up (whether you can install it is a different matter). It's just step one to tougher certs.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
Schools only teach you 10 percent of what you need to know and the rest is experience with the desire to keep learning. BTW most of the mechanics I know are self taught and very successful.
Originally Posted by malraux
Do we need leeches for the transmission as well to keep the humors in balance?
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
WOW! Greatest Hits albums don't come out very often but sure is a big BANG when they do...

Trollin'... trollin'... trollin'... keep those fluids movin'... Just sayin'

Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
You're looking at A+ cert wrong. It's the people that are boasting they have it that are a joke. A+ is good indicator that you know the minimum to use a computer, and if they make you a gopher to pick up parts, you'll know what you're picking up (whether you can install it is a different matter). It's just step one to tougher certs.
Nothing against you goobs if you've taken the training but this is a sore point for me based upon real world experience...

A+ Cert isn't a good indicator. Nothing against anyone who has gone for it because it is a slip of paper that gets you in the door at many places (Much like my College Diploma) but... like I said, it is NOT a good indicator that they have a clue. I've interviewed a number of people (Like Severe) who came in with A+ Cert and didn't know crap. One guy told me (For REAL) "I can Ping the bios". Seriously? Other people didn't know what the red stripe on a ribbon cable meant. some people I've interviewed do know quite allot but it's not from the A+, it's simply because they are seriously logical thinkers and have a grasp of technology, not just the individual parts.

HR pre-interviews and IT Managment (you know, the Big picture thinkers) Like to see certifications so Like I said before A+ is a Good Piece of paper to have to get you off the ground with filler for your resume but to be honest. That's it. I've been in the industry for 16 years now with 3 years under my belt prior to that as a PC Lab tech. Everything i actually learned was from real world experience and almost nothing from courses. (For a Few reasons but primarily because courses are behind the times most places.) i've taken courses that covered a varying range of topics and only a few provided beneficial information, let alone anything current.

sorry this was a tangent but it's Severe's thread and to be honest, it has about as much to do with useful information about the fit as most of what Severe stated above.

~SB

Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Other people didn't know what the red stripe on a ribbon cable meant.
It's like the one way sign for the electrons right?

someone should remember this thread for the next time severservice shows up.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
How many miles can you generally put on until you need to inspect your valves?

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Fit Base 65000 mile review and maintenance discussion