2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Thinking of Chinese HU with Dash Panel and GPS Nav, DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Thinking of Chinese HU with Dash Panel and GPS Nav, DVD

I saw these units from China an only noticed one posting with any experiance using them

What do you think on these Chinese made units what are the pit falls?

Wholesale honda fit Gallery - Buy Low Price honda fit Lots on Aliexpress.com

Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I would imagine one of the pitfalls would be sound quality is questionable. I thought about these also since they look clean installed (better then even the factory nav lol), but the fact that warranty maybe non existent plus sound quality might be shit. So decided to just do a Metra kit with something along the lines of nice double din Navi from Pioneer or Alpine.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitFantastic
I saw these units from China an only noticed one posting with any experiance using them

What do you think on these Chinese made units what are the pit falls?

Wholesale honda fit Gallery - Buy Low Price honda fit Lots on Aliexpress.com
There are links on this site to similar Chinese audio/navi installs/purchases. Doing a search in the "I.C.E." threads will probably answer all of your potential questions regarding aftermarket units... both name brand and unfamiliar Chinese units... if you haven't done so already.

There are apparently decent units available for just a little more money than those on the link you've posted, with at least more-than-just-tolerable results. Hey, if you're on a budget, there's nothing wrong with budget units as long as they're not complete crap.

Although, you should check around for name-brand units right about now. Even places such as Crutchfield have after-Christmas, well cared-for display units and even new [blow-out] units available. Check all of the online car auto/video/navi places... you may not need to buy a unit you're not sure about.

Just my .02!

Last edited by annunC8; 12-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
I have to agree that the difference in savings between getting something with a real warranty and a comprehensive track record and taking what at best would be a total gamble on an unknown Chinese unit isn't worth it.

HU, dash panel and GPS, Nav becomes a big part of your vehicle. With a basic inability to really know the capabilities and overall quality or even the willingness or ability to obtain any type of warranty service or support, there really is no "savings" that I think would make the gamble worth while.