2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fit Owner 2013 Sport MT

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 AM
New Fit Owner 2013 Sport MT

This thread is meant to serve a dual purpose in introducing myself as well as begging some good resources off you enthusiasts! Please read on

Introduction:

I had to wait quite a long time to get my dealership to order this combo for me, but finally it will arrive later this month. I am pretty excited, even if it hasn't sunk in yet!

Quick back story:
I've owned well over a dozen Hondas + BMWs throughout my short 5 years of driving, and I'm a total gearhead. Working on cars is rough going, very rewarding work.
I work in I.T. for an automotive group that owns many different dealerships (Honda included) and I got a killer deal on a 2013 fit sport I couldn't pass up.

Now I'm pretty pensive about the whole brand new car thing for a few reasons.
1) When it comes to cars, I'm old fashioned. I prefer older cars with their communicative feel and simplistic engineering. (The Fit isn't far off in this dept in my opinion)
2) Having a car payment will hamper my BMW E30 funds.

Yet it is INCREDIBLY EXCITING knowing that I will own a car that no other goon has doofed up or messed with or neglected. I can take obsessive care of it from its very first miles onward.
Also going for the Fit is its incredible reliability/build quality. I've conferred with all of our Honda master techs at great length about this and every one of them agrees that the Fit is the only Honda to have these days...seriously, every one of the independently corroborated this. So there's that.

Begging of Resources:

Having to wait so long for my Fit to arrive there was ample time to browse the forums for info. FitFreak is a great resource! I do still have want of a few more things in order to feel fully prepared for fit ownership.

1) What is the most comprehensive maintenance guide for the GE fit? In the BMW world it's Bentley manual or go home. What do us Fit guys have?
2) Where can I find black and white OEM diagrams of the Fit's various systems? Those come in handy when contemplating fitment of various mods, etc.
3) Does the 6th gen civic clutch master cylinder really work if you swap the pins?? I could only find one guy claim it works, but I want pictures and multiple accounts. This is important because clutch delay valves are NOT OKAY. And it's a dick move that Honda installed the hydraulic restrictor in the MC instead of being a separate restrictor.

Happy FitFreaking!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Welcome from another BMW/Honda guy Miss my E30's, only BMW left in the stable right now is my E39 Touring.

I'm also interested in the answers to your questions, particularly #3. Have deleted the CDV in the few BMWs I've owned that came with them, interested in doing the same with the Fit but haven't researched much yet.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I have a base manual. I know exactly what you are talking about with teh clutch crap. I actually get a NOTCH going into second or third quite often. Never a grind. never a crunch. Just that annoying NOTCH feel. And it sometimes feels like when Im shifting into third, it "kicks" me out of second even with clutch all in and even giving it a second to down the rpms

Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 PM
A touring is the highest grade of BMW possible..color me jelly!
It always makes me so sad to see a touring in the junk yards while I'm scrounging for E30 bits.

And that CDV thing really bugged me. I've deleted one from an E39 and it took 15 minutes. But the restrictor being inside the MC is a really sketchy move on Honda's part (most likely for cost cutting reasons?)

During my test drive the only complaints I had about the Fit were:
1) CDV causes general shifting sadness. Unpredictable clutch grab, hard to revmatch, spoils spirited shifting, ZERO clutch feel, limp clutch effort, etc..
2) The engine flexed around a little more than I liked between shifts or under sudden power delivery. I'll probably get mount inserts or a stiffer torque strut.
3) initial body roll was a liiiittle much. Might get a progressive sway, but not sure if it's a good idea when it comes to daily driving to tune over steer characteristics into a FWD econobox...we shall see!

When it comes to modifying daily drivers, I prefer to simply increase driver feel and input. Nothing ricey or crazy. Y'know? Keep it classy!

Also:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-cdv-gone.html
^^^
This is what I'm talking about. I can match up parts and measure some stuff when I go to work on Monday. I.T. office is based out of the new First Texas Honda dealership, so I can just check real quick since parts dept is right next door.

Last edited by Delraco; 01-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Name:  792282_10151393674653308_2030663511_o_zps104d69bb.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  113.7 KB

I'll be taking official delivery tomorrow.
Today I had it rushed through PDI and detail in order to attend a photoshoot. Our dealership is featuring me and my new Fit in a Honda ad locally!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
VBP Manual Sport

Welcome!! I, too, suffered through the "waiting" period for my 2007, and its' replacement, the 2012. I specifically requested that they NOT install my front tag, so that I could install it as pictured. The tag is from my '07 totalled in 2011.
'12 VBP Sport 5 MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Name:  12FitCustomTag.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  147.3 KB

Last edited by fittmann; 02-01-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome aboard bossman.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Only way we can make ours oversteer is on turn in under hard braking. Off throttle during turn in is very predictable. These are track manoeuvres

Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Welcome aboard bossman.
...how'd you know? hehe

So, I like the fit. I didn't really like it much at first, but it's growing on me. The CDV is awful as expected, and the floating revs between shifts was borderline infuriating too.

Put in all season mats, cargo tray and cover, and dropping it off for tinting tomorrow morning at work.

CDV fixing will have to wait, end of month is super killer. I just got promoted from I.T. to Asst Internet Sales Mngr at an auto group. This January our Honda store knocked our record sales out of the park! Good for business, bad for my weekend.

I will post a detailed DIY if I figure out how to drill the old one or find a better fix.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by mkane
Only way we can make ours oversteer is on turn in under hard braking. Off throttle during turn in is very predictable. These are track manoeuvres
I had to learn about the throttle lift oversteer in a FWD car the hard way a few years back! Hoooo boy fun times

Glad to know our Fit's suspension is tuned to be forgiving from the factory. I was just worried that stiffening up the rear and leaving the front stock would create a dangerous amount of oversteer during these situations. I'll probably just do it and find out by first hand experience!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome, congrats on the new car!

Old 02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Definitely keep the board updated on your CDV project - we picked up a 2nd Fit so now I have two of them to delete.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Delraco
...how'd you know? hehe

I just got promoted from I.T. to Asst Internet Sales Mngr at an auto group.
I just know things.

I wouldn't worry about the RSB causing any ridiculous oversteer situations, tons of people on here have them and I think only a couple people have ended up backwards.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I wouldn't worry about the RSB causing any ridiculous oversteer situations, tons of people on here have them and I think only a couple people have ended up backwards.
The biggest risk is the muscle memory from before you put the sway bar in. I changed the steering wheel reach coincident with the sway bar to help with the reprogramming. This was motivated behavior.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM
We were backwards, twice. A combination of RSB + 200twr fronts & 400's rear.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Delraco
This thread is meant to serve a dual purpose in introducing myself as well as begging some good resources off you enthusiasts! Please read on

Introduction:

I had to wait quite a long time to get my dealership to order this combo for me, but finally it will arrive later this month. I am pretty excited, even if it hasn't sunk in yet!

Quick back story:
I've owned well over a dozen Hondas + BMWs throughout my short 5 years of driving, and I'm a total gearhead. Working on cars is rough going, very rewarding work.
I work in I.T. for an automotive group that owns many different dealerships (Honda included) and I got a killer deal on a 2013 fit sport I couldn't pass up.

Now I'm pretty pensive about the whole brand new car thing for a few reasons.
1) When it comes to cars, I'm old fashioned. I prefer older cars with their communicative feel and simplistic engineering. (The Fit isn't far off in this dept in my opinion)
2) Having a car payment will hamper my BMW E30 funds.

Yet it is INCREDIBLY EXCITING knowing that I will own a car that no other goon has doofed up or messed with or neglected. I can take obsessive care of it from its very first miles onward.
Also going for the Fit is its incredible reliability/build quality. I've conferred with all of our Honda master techs at great length about this and every one of them agrees that the Fit is the only Honda to have these days...seriously, every one of the independently corroborated this. So there's that.

Begging of Resources:

Having to wait so long for my Fit to arrive there was ample time to browse the forums for info. FitFreak is a great resource! I do still have want of a few more things in order to feel fully prepared for fit ownership.

1) What is the most comprehensive maintenance guide for the GE fit? In the BMW world it's Bentley manual or go home. What do us Fit guys have?
2) Where can I find black and white OEM diagrams of the Fit's various systems? Those come in handy when contemplating fitment of various mods, etc.
3) Does the 6th gen civic clutch master cylinder really work if you swap the pins?? I could only find one guy claim it works, but I want pictures and multiple accounts. This is important because clutch delay valves are NOT OKAY. And it's a dick move that Honda installed the hydraulic restrictor in the MC instead of being a separate restrictor.

Happy FitFreaking!

I.T. in a automotive dealer group out of Texas...hmm....not by chance Group1 Automotive is it?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mini_Odyssey
I.T. in a automotive dealer group out of Texas...hmm....not by chance Group1 Automotive is it?

Wow, there's another poor soul in my situation?? haha, I keed I keed.
I work for the Continental Automotive Group in Austin, TX. (They own Mercedes-Benz of Austin, Infiniti of Austin, Austin Subaru, and First Texas Honda)
Although I just recently moved to Internet Sales Mgmt from IT.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fittmann
... I specifically requested that they NOT install my front tag, so that I could install it as pictured. The tag is from my '07 totalled in 2011.
'12 VBP Sport 5 MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Details (or as many as possible) on how you installed your front plate like that?

I too requested the dealer leave the front plate off for me to install... my dealer didn't listen! Now I have slight scratches under my plate where it rubs the front bumper.

Irritating!

Thanks for your input.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Just ordered a nissin (Factory Honda CMC Supplier) unit for about $40.
I know that's a lot more than a Sachs unit, but I wanted OEM fit and finish.

Pics and DIY to follow as I get time.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Welcome! I'm new here myself and just got a 2012 Sport in PMM on Feb 2. Absolutely love it! And totally feel ya about the car payment and it's effect it has on my toy money, but I think it's worth it.

Quick Reply: New Fit Owner 2013 Sport MT