2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Fit Sport First 10 Upgrades Top Ten

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mikeyk12
Bump for grill mesh edit and other LED edits
Hey so I think this is the best contribution thread from a '13 member, so thank you Mikey for putting in the time to make this.

I even referenced your bulb chart

Sticky to help with "I just got my Fit what should I do with it" threads?

Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
For your bulb section you can add the cup holder light it is a T5 flat 12 or 14 volts. I changed mine to blue. Make sure you don't use a bulb that is more than 1.2 watts or you will pop a fuse. And the auto shifter light is the same.

PS a 74 bulb will not work...the base is too large and the wattage is too high.

DIY half way down

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1099548

As well here a link to the DIY Rear Wiper modification

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...wiper-mod.html

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 01-24-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Hey MODERATORS....

+1 for the sticky " top 10 ideas for my new Fit" it would have been a great help when I got mine.

Heck how about a new section altogether. When you pop it open there would be a sticky for let's say the top 30 things people mod on their Fits.

There a lots of really great write ups all over the place and it would be great to have them all in one place!

Then the members could post questions or their results with pics. It would be grand!

Here's a list to to complement what the OP is trying to do:

1 floor and cargo mats
2 door sill trim
3 rear view mirror mods
4 side mirror mods
5 seat covers
6 exterior lighting mods
7 interior lighting mods
8 Tints
9 Anti Sway Bars
10 springs
11 pedals
12 tires
13 rims
14 brakes / pads
15 decals
16 emblems
17 de badging
18 CAI DIY or aftermarket
19 exhausts
20 mud guards
21 shark Fin antenna
22 hood dampers
23 DIY front grill mesh
24 JDM wiper mod
25 rear bumbler appliqué
26 key fobs and key covers
27 Filter mods
28 oil caps and other engine dress up
29 DIY A/C mod
30 tire valve covers
31 lug nuts
etc etc

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 01-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Awww thanks guys for the encouragement, I will continue to make this thread grow! I did about 3 weeks of lurking and sort of figured out how FF works (a little) but saw there was no real quick shortcut to what popular mods were being done.

I will do some research into antenna modification and will update with my findings.

Also, what's up with the rear wiper mod? I'm not sure I understand why people do it. Looks? Functionality?

Last edited by Mikeyk12; 01-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Awww thanks guys for the encouragement, I will continue to make this thread grow! I did about 3 weeks of lurking and sort of figured out how FF works (a little) but saw there was no real quick shortcut to what popular mods were being done.

I will do some research into antenna modification and will update with my findings.

Also, what's up with the rear wiper mod? I'm not sure I understand why people do it. Looks? Functionality?

Gave you +Rep you no longer have a lonely grey box in your stats. I am sure will all the work you are doing to improve things around here you will get many more!

Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Thank you Sir Dwalbert I am most honored. Having no rep is like the King delivering a speech wearing no pants.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
One upgrade I am going to try in the spring is installing a STI lip on my 2012 Fit Sport got it in my garage too cold to paint and modified at this point.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Thank you Sir Dwalbert I am most honored. Having no rep is like the King delivering a speech wearing no pants.
no need to say that. Many will attest that some FitFreaks are complete bungholes and have crazy undeserved rep points

Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Bump for Rear Bumper Appliqué, Carbon B-Pillar, Door Sill, and Grill Mesh edits. It's getting big.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM

It removes snow and rain much better. The wiper is no longer fighting gravity to push wet snow out of the way.

No more dust and leaves during the other 3 seasons.

And it does look different!

It free, takes 15 mins, and uses very basic tools.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Bump for Rear Bumper Appliqué, Carbon B-Pillar, Door Sill, and Grill Mesh edits. It's getting big.

Rear Bumper Appliqué (done), Door Sill (done), and Grill Mesh (done)

Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Ok I can understand the wiper modification. Maybe not for me, as I am in perpetually sunny California where even the trees seem to keep their leaves in Fall. I added some pics of Stage 1 of my LED replacement job.

Any opinions on the carbon fiber b-pillar? I like it! Definitely too expensive, as its just a stick-on piece of 3M Carbon Fiber but I think it's subtle and looks good on the baster silver. It has a nice shine that the stock black plastic does not have. Adds a contrast just in that center area.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Bump for Car Care, Fuel, and Oil edits

Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Bump for brake light/turn signal light edit

Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
I got my Fit Sport just last summer and went to do these things done right away:

1. Short Shifter. A MUST FOR THE FIT. I purchased the T1R and I think it's amazing. The stock had a real sluggish and long throw to it, but after installing the short shifter, feels much much better. Now thinking of installing cable bushings and hard mounts....anyone have any recommendations on brand and DIY?

2. Mesh for lower grill. Got the mesh from home depot, just cutted it to size, popped open the hood and removed the plastic piece sitting in between the headlights, and lowered the mesh. zip tie. done.

3. Rear wiper mod. This is a really good DIY, and it's not just for style, I think it actually works better than in the original position.

4. Tints - 30%

5. HID foglights. The foglights on the Fit are actually positioned very well, and actually functional.

6. Weathertech floormats. Since I live in Toronto, the amount of salt we throw onto our roads are ridiculous, so i definitely needed the made-to-fit floormats. Pricey, but totally worth it.

7. Door sill trim. Grabbed a decent set (doesn't look like a knock-off piece) from www.aliexpress.com. Cost me $20 and shipped within 2 weeks. Looks nice and prevents people scratching my door sill.

Waiting for the spring then it's Swift springs, RSB, and tires.

Last edited by pocketrocket69; 01-30-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Down the line I might be considering an HID Foglight swap. its a great look on the Fit but right now I have way too much I want to do first.

At first I was going to go with WeatherTech but I was advised by some users to go with Husky. Unfortunately Husky does not yet make their Xact Contour Liners for the Fit but users do seen to like their Weatherbeater series floor liners more than Weathertechs Digital Fit. Husky has a grippy rubbery texture while weathertech has a hard plastic feel. Weathertechs are also said to slide around more than Husky.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
About HIDs......

There are a few issues that I have read about these little upgrades...HID kits are meant to work in light housings that are specifically designed to shape and project these lights properly. Meaning that our halogen light housings are shaped one way and HID light housings are completely different.

Some owners swear by them and say they project more light than the regular ones....well I'm not convinced this is true and rather than just admit they spent a lot of money on cheap Chinese knock offs....have convinced themselves otherwise...

As well be advised that some HID kits are not appropriate for our light housings because of the heat they generate and some owners have complained of yellowing or blueing around the housing from the intense heat. Others have complained of burned wiring harnesses and blown fuses etc.

I am not a fan of HID kits because the quality is suspect and the housings are not meant for them.

Yellow fog lights.....there is no credible evidence that these work better if fog conditions or even rain. But they look cool as hell!!!!

As for a recommendation well PIAA halogen bulbs have a very good reputation around here.

http://www.tirerack.com/lighting/brand.jsp?brand=PIAA

I use Sylvania Silverstar Ultras for both H4 and H11. A little bit less expensive than the PIAAs and they come with a one year hassle free warranty. They are very white and look very cool coupled with ultra white LED bulbs in the parking light slots above the beams. Way better than yellow IMHO

I just had a thought about the high parking lights in the front....what would be really nice looking is to match the color to your car! Or match the color of your fogs to the parking lights....blue/blue. Yellow/yellow. Etc. this would be easily doable with LED fogs and parking bulbs. I'm thinking blue/blue combo on my CBP.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 01-30-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM
I installed HIDs for the headlights and 2 weeks later i took them off. Regardless of how I leveled the lighting, I was blinding everyone. The light spread was way off, and unless you go retrofit, no point. HIDs for the fogs on the otherhand worked perfectly.

Like Dwalbert320, I purchased a set of Silverstar ultras and they're really good.

Also, I have a set of the WeatherTech digital fit and so far no complaints, even with the terrible winter we have up here in Toronto. I haven't tried the Husky's so I can't go judging.

Last edited by pocketrocket69; 01-31-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
I got the Husky Weatherbeater Liners for my Fit and my Wife's Camry. I like them a lot a matter of fact I am thinking of keeping them in the car after winter. The back covers the entire floor. $124 at Auto Anything I got 15% off that price because my order was over $150.
I checked the Husky website and nothing for the 2008 FIts. Called them and they verified. And nothing on autoanything.com. Maybe they have GE Fit Mats only.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
First thing I did was schedule an appointment to have a clear bra installed. Then tint, then I installed the mesh grill mod, then weathertech front mats, ultragauge, OEM rear mats, cargo tray, OEM armrest, mugen short shifter, leather shifter boot, shifter knob, classio seat covers, fumoto valve... I think that's it.

Quick Reply: Brand New Fit Sport First 10 Upgrades Top Ten