2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Brand New Fit Sport First 10 Upgrades Top Ten

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you kindly sir. I absolutely will be making an edit to include the U-ACE 3D liners as equal if not superior to the Husky liners as my recommendation. I will be purchasing the Aries Liners myself.

Thanks for the shark fin recommendation. That's the second I've gotten on that product, so it's something I need to research. I haven't gotten around to looking into antennae yet.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mikeyk12
Thank you kindly sir. I absolutely will be making an edit to include the U-ACE 3D liners as equal if not superior to the Husky liners as my recommendation. I will be purchasing the Aries Liners myself.

Thanks for the shark fin recommendation. That's the second I've gotten on that product, so it's something I need to research. I haven't gotten around to looking into antennae yet.
You're very welcome.

The U-Ace 3D liners and Aries 3D liners are exactly the same product. Save yourself the extra $35 and order from the link that's in my thread.

The Shark Fin is a real quality product. If you want to get rid of the black antenna, it's perfect. Reception is as good as the OEM antenna. I play music through my iPhone and rarely use my radio anymore.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 03-01-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Another that's worth a look. Good savings over OEM and look just as good.

Zeta OEM style door sill covers

Name:  P1010666.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  P1010674.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  80.7 KB

Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Edit for V-LED Turn/Brake lights. General clarity edits.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
You're very welcome.

The U-Ace 3D liners and Aries 3D liners are exactly the same product. Save yourself the extra $35 and order from the link that's in my thread.
I just ordered the U-Ace 3D Floor Liners. How long did yours take to arrive?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered the U-Ace 3D Floor Liners. How long did yours take to arrive?
Shipping was pretty quick. 3 - 4 days. Post pics when you install them! :-)

Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Post pics when you install them! :-)
Abso-definitely!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Edit For U-Ace Floor Liner Pictures

Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Edit For U-Ace Floor Liner Pictures
They look great my friend!

Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
They look great my friend!
Thanks again for the awesome recommendation. I would love to do a side by side with Husky and Weathertech. I think the U-Aces would do very well.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 AM
More floor liner pictures

Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
More floor liner pictures
I really like these liners. Very pleased with them!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
"6. Tint[/B] - Check your state's tint laws for how dark you can go. Most people go with a 3M scotchtint at a good shop, for about $250. 3M also has a much higher quality film called 3M Crystalline that is $400+. Huper Optik is the best IMO but pricey at $500.
Window tint & window tinting for your car or auto - 3M US
Car Window Tint and Auto Window Tinting Film"
I actually still want to do the ac compressor protection and probably should look into the clear bra but does anyone have experience with solar tint? I don't really care so much about making the window as opaque as possible as much as keeping the sun off of my passengers and I. My gf inspired me to look this up, on our trip from the bay the sun was cooking her the entire time. She was able to put a shirt in the window but it'd be nice to have something a little cleaner and to keep the car a little cooler to run the ac less. Of course I live in California so anything and everything is illegal....

Old 03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by DavefromCA
I actually still want to do the ac compressor protection and probably should look in to the clear bra but does anyone have experience with solar tint?
Definitely do the AC mesh job. Take your time and do everything precise. Measure twice, cut once and it'll go smooth. If I had it to do all over again, the very first thing I would get is a wax and a high quality clear bra on the front of the car. It's amazing how many nicks and scratches my car has with under 3000 miles.

I'm not exactly sure about solar tinting. I googled "solar tint" and got some tinting shops. They mostly were using 3M. If you are looking for which tint will block the most heat, I think Huper Optik is the best. It's quite expensive but it looks fantastic, lasts a long time, and they claim to block much more heat from direct sunlight, than 3M or other competitors.

I would search google for tint opinions and if you read enough posts, you'll get an idea for what company is going to give you what you are looking for.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Wow, this is an incredible repository of information.

I have the Zeta Sill's coming this week, and Rally Armor Mud Guards (I was hesitant, but in Ohio with ridiculous weather, and at $20 for the set it's worth a try.)

I'll have to look into the rear wiper mod. I opted for window visors over the carbon fiber B-Pillars, but it's pretty slick!

I do have to give Husky negative remarks. I ordered the entire set for my car, and had them replaced twice. In about the same place where you can see carpet wear in the first post (I have that too) my Husky on the drivers side (I'm the primary passenger, I don't know if the other mats would've had an issue if I had someone on them everyday) warped in that same spot. They the back wasn't able to catch the retention devices, and it caused the liner to keep shifting forward. Husky was fair and replaced the mats multiple times, ultimately giving me a refund.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
The Zeta sills are a great value. I just did the OEM door visors this weekend.

Name:  P1050051_zpsd36f9eb7.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  97.5 KB

Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
I could not get the two front brackets/pins for the life of me. I ended up losing them. I need to drop another few dollars and just order another packet. Bernandi already provided me with a part number.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
I thought the length of front visors were more difficult to work with than the rears. Especially lining up the visor and bracket holes. I used every part in the kit. I did have to remove a pin because I wasn't holding the front bracket as I pushed it in. Even though the directions say you can't reuse them, I was able to reuse that pin.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Codi
I do have to give Husky negative remarks. I ordered the entire set for my car, and had them replaced twice. In about the same place where you can see carpet wear in the first post (I have that too) my Husky on the drivers side (I'm the primary passenger, I don't know if the other mats would've had an issue if I had someone on them everyday) warped in that same spot. They the back wasn't able to catch the retention devices, and it caused the liner to keep shifting forward. Husky was fair and replaced the mats multiple times, ultimately giving me a refund.

Good to know that Husky is fair regarding their product. Hearing this story does make me glad I went with U-ACE 3D. They never slide even a 1/4 inch. Ever. I'm starting to see them being sold different places. I just ordered Clazzio seat covers and they have the 3D Liners for sale on their website. Of course it's not nearly as good a price as autodistributorsdirect but its good to see that respectable companies have love for the U-ACE Liners.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I thought the length of front visors were more difficult to work with than the rears. Especially lining up the visor and bracket holes. I used every part in the kit. I did have to remove a pin because I wasn't holding the front bracket as I pushed it in. Even though the directions say you can't reuse them, I was able to reuse that pin.
It was the very front bracket/pin that has I had an issue with. It's still missing on both sides. I get a bit of air through their when I'm going 55+.

Good to know that Husky is fair regarding their product. Hearing this story does make me glad I went with U-ACE 3D. They never slide even a 1/4 inch. Ever. I'm starting to see them being sold different places. I just ordered Clazzio seat covers and they have the 3D Liners for sale on their website. Of course it's not nearly as good a price as autodistributorsdirect but its good to see that respectable companies have love for the U-ACE Liners.
I hadn't see the U-ACE 3D until recently. I had ordered the Weathertech already. I saw the Aries and they looked comparable. Biggest concern was replacing the Husky's and getting something down in place of the carpet. It was still snowing her past the first few days of Spring.

Going to see about doing the Wiper this weekend myself. If not for function, for uniqueness. When I first bought my Fit there was only 1-2 on the roads around here. Now I pass by handfuls on my commute!

Quick Reply: Brand New Fit Sport First 10 Upgrades Top Ten