2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fit Sport Fog light - passenger side - needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM
09 Fit Sport Fog light - passenger side - needed

My inspection is coming up and I'm going to need to replace one of my fog lights. I found one for $77 on amazon, but was wondering if anyone knew of a place I could find one cheaper??

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Check rock auto I had the same thing. They have the lens housing for 50 bucks and that's including shipping. It was the best I could find. With the 20 you save pick up some fog light protection film from headlight armor, good quality and will help protect your glass fog lights

Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the advise. I briefly took a look and couldn't find any for anywhere near that amount... :-( Can you tell me what the the difference is between the whole housing and the inards they sell - that just have the lens and screw attachments? I'm sure I just need the whole housing, just bummed out at the costs.

I'll definately look into the protection film for the lenses.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
HONDA FIT

maybe they will ship : /

Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
I have a passenger side fog lamp that's largely intact. There is a thin crack running the width of the lamp, but its still in one piece. I'd let you have it for $20, PM me for pics if you're interested.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 PM
if the lens is cracked all you should need is the individual part (#AC2593106) that is just lens with the backing. the whole assembly will have the lens, and housing for the lens that screws right into the bumper

Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hatchlife
if the lens is cracked all you should need is the individual part (#AC2593106) that is just lens with the backing. the whole assembly will have the lens, and housing for the lens that screws right into the bumper
Interesting! What source have you found who offers that part number (just the lens, and not the whole fog light assembly) ???

Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry triskelion, I should've specified the part number is from rockauto.com

Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Banned
Sorry triskelion, I should've specified the part number is from rockauto.com
Thanks!
There are so many steps on the "rock auto" site to find what you want, I never went far enough to find the lens. It's great to know that the glass can be bought all by itself. This probably won't be necessary if you cover the glass with "Headlight Armor" plastic sheet, but most of us with broken fog lights have replaced the entire assembly when breakage of the glass lens occurs. Thanks for the info. I will have more patience with rockauto.com in the future.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks a lot everyone! All of this has been really helpful... Glad I joined the forum.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey it's alright I had problems finding it the first time as well, this should help for future reference lol

1. Honda
2. 2009 (or selected year)
3. Fit
4. 1.5L L4
5. Body- Exterior
6. Fog/ driving lamp assembly

In step 6 it will have both the lens and the whole assembly. I hope this helps in your future searches

Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sooozun
My inspection is coming up and I'm going to need to replace one of my fog lights. I found one for $77 on amazon, but was wondering if anyone knew of a place I could find one cheaper??

If VA is like NY then you don’t have to have working fog lights to pass inspection. My left was knocked out in the first year, and my right in the second, and thus they remain. In the meantime, I’ve passed three state inspections. Even if you’re determined to get it fixed, you might not have to rush to do so.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Hmmm... might have to give that glass replacement from Rockauto a try. Good find hatchlife!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
In MA I am quite sure that fog lights are not safety inspected, since they are not required. I did have one of mine break from something hitting it and got my insurance to replace it under my glass breakage policy for free.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by hspatz
In MA I am quite sure that fog lights are not safety inspected, since they are not required. I did have one of mine break from something hitting it and got my insurance to replace it under my glass breakage policy for free.
Yes, I'll certainly have to research to see if VA is stern about fog lights being fully intact. I briefly asked my mechanic friend if I would pass inspection if my fog light lens was broken. He said that I would need it replaced... (Thus all the fuss). The fog light works, the bulb burns and everything...it just has a quarter sized chunk missing from the glass.

I do have quite a bit of time - April is my inspection, but I want to get it taken care of when my tax return comes (so I won't have to worry about it for a while). Eventually, I do want it fixed, though. They just sell whole housings with the lamp, the lamp itself, and then the lens and casing... It's all so confusing....

Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
Banned
Yes, I'll certainly have to research to see if VA is stern about fog lights being fully intact. I briefly asked my mechanic friend if I would pass inspection if my fog light lens was broken. He said that I would need it replaced... (Thus all the fuss). The fog light works, the bulb burns and everything...it just has a quarter sized chunk missing from the glass.

I do have quite a bit of time - April is my inspection, but I want to get it taken care of when my tax return comes (so I won't have to worry about it for a while). Eventually, I do want it fixed, though. They just sell whole housings with the lamp, the lamp itself, and then the lens and casing... It's all so confusing....
I, personally, find value in working fog lights. If you follow hatchlife's intsructions, you should be able to buy only the replacement glass lens for your damaged fog light. The investment in the Headlight Armor plastic overlay will preserve the new glass in another collision with a rock on the highway. The rest of us with broken glass on fog lights have had to buy the whole assembly (maybe not anymore thanks to hatchlife, thanks a lot!), but fog light breakage is guaranteed without protection on the glass. Good luck with your safety inspection, regardless of how you prepare for it.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm the same way kind of a perfectionist and when this happened I spent hours trying to find the single part. I just couldn't leave the broken foglight in even when I don't have to worry about inspections. But I'm glad I could help in finding this part relatively easy now lol.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned
I'm the same way kind of a perfectionist and when this happened I spent hours trying to find the single part. I just couldn't leave the broken foglight in even when I don't have to worry about inspections. But I'm glad I could help in finding this part relatively easy now lol.

Good work, and thanks! Knowing now that the glass only can be replaced, paying in the $75.00 range for a whole assembly is pretty dumb.
And I did it.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hspatz
It never occurred to me that I might get the lights replaced under my glass coverage. I've got full glass with no deductible through Geico. I might give it a try. Did they replace the entire assembly? OEM parts?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Here is where to start your research:

LIS > Administrative Code > 19VAC30-70-160