2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best dog hair resistant seat covers for 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
best dog hair resistant seat covers for 2013

Just wondered if anyone knows of some good dog hair resistant seat covers for the 2013 fit? Or, just good seat covers in general?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dnash
Just wondered if anyone knows of some good dog hair resistant seat covers for the 2013 fit? Or, just good seat covers in general?
Coverking Neoprene Wetsuit seat covers. Cheapest through Costco.com. Dog hair does not cling.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Triskelion!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing clings to Clazzio's (PVC), but if you have a dog the Neoprene seat covers might be better for you.

Just make sure they are Neoprene and not Neosupreme. There's a big difference. What's the difference between CR-Grade Neoprene and Neosupreme? : Coverking Support

Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Nothing clings to Clazzio's (PVC), but if you have a dog the Neoprene seat covers might be better for you.

Just make sure they are Neoprene and not Neosupreme. There's a big difference. What's the difference between CR-Grade Neoprene and Neosupreme? : Coverking Support
That's a good warning. Costco does not carry any Neoprene but the real thing. Another good thing about real neoprene is that Coverking makes a great neoprene shampoo called "Texumbra" that removes spots and preserves color and UV resistance. But DON"T buy the shampoo from Coverking- too expensive. 10-20% less on eBay and Amazon.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Great info. I went ahead and ordered the Neoprene from Costco. Got a great price. Thank you!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned
Great info. I went ahead and ordered the Neoprene from Costco. Got a great price. Thank you!!!
What color combo did you order?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Got the light gray and black. Can't wait to get them!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned
Got the light gray and black. Can't wait to get them!
With my BBP paint color, I wasn't sure what color would look good, but took a chance on the black with blue center inserts. Was trying to lighten up all the monochrome purple outside and black inside drabness. To me the blue works great- it matches the blue of the gauges and stereo face. Your gray insert color will lighten things up in the cabin too.

For your dog hair, just a wipe with a damp washcloth will pick up any hair. But you will really like the extra padding that is sewn into the covers, and the "air conditioning" that is provided by the open weave of the neoprene cloth.

I installed sheepskin seat covers the day that I drove my new Fit home, and they worked OK to preserve the new seats. But the comfort was only OK during cold weather, and the dark grey color just began to bore me. I put off buying the neoprene seat covers for almost two years, and the day I decided to buy them, Costco raised their prices by $40.00. I am still kicking myself for waiting so long.

The installation is easy, but deciding where to attach the hooks will take a little time. My sheepskin covers attached with the same elastic cords and hooks, so attaching the new ones took a lot less time that a new user would need.

You made a good decision. Congratulations!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you Triskelion! Yes, I thought the lighter gray would help as well. Didn't realize that about t!he "padding and air conditioning". Cool!! (no pun intended). Thanks again for turning me on to such a great price. I didn't see anything close to that price anywhere else!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Can anyone show a pic of the neoprene coverking covers installed? I'd particularly love to see a pic with the dark interior plastics in the 2012/2013 models.

How about a rough idea of the Costco savings? The $600+ price direct from Coverking was a bit shocking.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fatdoggie
Can anyone show a pic of the neoprene coverking covers installed? I'd particularly love to see a pic with the dark interior plastics in the 2012/2013 models.

How about a rough idea of the Costco savings? The $600+ price direct from Coverking was a bit shocking.
Here are some pictures of snoozd's Coverking's from Costco: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/members/sooznd-albums-neoprene-seatcovers.html

She has a 2010 and only did the front seats. It'll give you an idea of what the look like.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 PM
I paid around $170 for the 2 front seats at Costco. I believe that is the sale price that expires May 5. Haven't received mine yet so can't show any pics.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Banned

Check the prices yourself at Costco.com. Prices change. I paid $199. for the front set, but Coverking makes seat covers in other materials and Costco sells them at other prices.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Check the prices yourself at Costco.com. Prices change. I paid $199. for the front set, but Coverking makes seat covers in other materials and Costco sells them at other prices.
I was just being lazy and didn't want to make a Costco and a Coverking account just to check prices if they weren't a substantial discount over the normal Coverking prices!

Has anyone seen the rear seat covers? Was wondering how they look and attached and if they interfere with any of the seat folding capabilities.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
I was just being lazy and didn't want to make a Costco and a Coverking account just to check prices if they weren't a substantial discount over the normal Coverking prices!

Has anyone seen the rear seat covers? Was wondering how they look and attached and if they interfere with any of the seat folding capabilities.
Rear seat Coverking's on 2009: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post737830

Hope that helps!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.

I ordered a few swatches, hopefully they'll arrive quickly. I'm having trouble deciding between black and black/grey combo. Not sure which one will look best with a dark grey (a.k.a. "Polished Metal Metallic") car.

I think we like the look of the stock seats just fine, but I can already see that they are a magnet for dust and lint and stuff. Even without the hounds in the car, we'd probably want to cover them just to keep them tidy.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Wet Akole. The best for the $. I did a review on mine when I got them. Do a search.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Is Costco like Sam's, where you have to be a member to purchase?

I'm interested in seat covers, anything that adds a little padding and might keep me cooler is an excellent thing.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PocketGoddess
Is Costco like Sam's, where you have to be a member to purchase?

I'm interested in seat covers, anything that adds a little padding and might keep me cooler is an excellent thing.
Yes, Costco is a membership discount buying service with stores and on-line web site shopping. Basic membership costs about $50.00 per year. For others who have bought the Coverking seat covers through Costco, the savings on the seat covers alone more than paid for the first year membership. If you really don't know about Costco, I suggest that you visit one of their stores near you, and/or visit Welcome to Costco Wholesale. I have been a member since the mid-80's, and I feel that the savings and product quality beat the hell out of Walmart, Sam's Club, K-Mart and any other discount sales outlet. I personally dislike Walmart- too much cheap quality, Chinese-made junk.

Quick Reply: best dog hair resistant seat covers for 2013