2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats from Amazon??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Floor mats from Amazon??

Help! I am picking up my new 2013 base Fit on Saturday. I really want floor mats, but I'm not so sure that I want to go OEM. Not only is my dealer is quoting CRAZY prices for them, they aren't anywhere near as nice as the U-Ace/Aries mats that I learned about here on the forum.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ners-kagu.html

The problem is that I can't figure out how to buy them and get them here quick without paying an arm and a leg. I've got Amazon Prime, so that would be a great solution to get them here by Friday, but I am so new to all of this stuff that I literally can't find them on the site.

If I can't get them from Amazon, what are some other reputable car sites I can check? Is there a specific part number that I can search for? I'm terribly confused by all of the car lingo, whether or not there are specific model year differences I need to be concerned about, etc.

Please be gentle--not only am I a new Fit owner, this is also my first car!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Get them from Joe Rau at Auto Distributor Direct. He has them for $142.72 shipped. I ordered from Joe. He'll ship quick. Not sure about a Friday delivery this late, but his prices are hard to beat and they're the same mats as the Aries.

I see you referenced my thread about the 3D liners. They are good stuff!

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-10-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Get them from Joe Rau at Auto Distributor Direct. He has them for $142.72 shipped. I ordered from Joe. He'll ship quick.

I see you referenced my thread about the 3D liners. They are good stuff!
I just want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my (limited!) bucks. I did some searching on eBay and found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-ACE-L1HD04211509-MAXspider-KAGU-3D-BLACK-Floor-Mats-HONDA-/310418637026?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item48466480e2&vxp=mtr
And then using the part number from the listing I found these on Amazon for even less:

U-ACE L1HD04211509 MAXspider KAGU 3D BLACK Floor Mats HONDA : Amazon.com : Automotive U-ACE L1HD04211509 MAXspider KAGU 3D BLACK Floor Mats HONDA : Amazon.com : Automotive

How do I know that these are the right ones? I'm only interested in front floor mats right now, I won't be carrying passengers. I'm in outside sales and will be much more likely to have boxes in the car, not people. Will having such thick molded rear floor mats interfere with folding down the seats in any way?

Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
If anyone else can chime in, I would also like to know if the gray color nicely matches the gray interior of the 2013 base Fit model? I was originally planning to get black for the cool factor, but gray probably won't show dirt as quickly.

I just want to make sure it's a good match--I would be much more bothered by something that was slightly off than just going with black.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
3 to 5 day shipping? That's probably the best you're going to get. If you order now it probably won't ship until tomorrow and unless it's overnight you're not getting it Friday.

I only see one other site that carries those mats besides Amazon merchants and i'm sure the shipping won't be any quicker.

Can you wait until Monday?

Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
I can wait, I just don't want to! Amazon Prime has me major spoiled, what can I say. I'm worried that I'll get the interior carpet permanently dirty within ten minutes of picking up the car. . . if it can go wrong, it will definitely happen to me.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Ask them for some paper floor mats that they use in the service department for dirty mechanics until your mats arrive on Monday

Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
The liners don't interfere with the seats at all.

That's the part number for the front. One of those Amazon links belong to Joe Rau.

U-ACE L1HD04211509 MAXspider KAGU 3D BLACK Floor Mats HONDA : Amazon.com : Automotive U-ACE L1HD04211509 MAXspider KAGU 3D BLACK Floor Mats HONDA : Amazon.com : Automotive

The only way you'll get them by Friday is if you use Prime. From what I understand, Prime is only valid for purchases that are sold and shipped from Amazon? I don't think Amazon sells these yet.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks like you're right--they aren't Prime eligible. I'm just being a nervous nellie since it's my first car and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I could really use a dad or an older brother right about now to answer all of these questions--since I don't have either of those, I'm glad I found this forum.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
If I were you, I would purchase the rear liner as well.

The coverage is amazing and if you're worried you might mess something up back there, at least you'll have the liner as protection.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I bought my U-Ace floor mats (black) from Auto Distributer Direct last Thursday night, and I received them by Saturday morning. Less than 2 days! I live in Los Angeles, so I'm not sure if that factored into the insanely fast shipping time, but I'd definitely recommend ordering from them.

Also, thanks to 2012FitFan, for the recommendation! I bought these because of your posts, and I am thrilled with them. They look AMAZING (seriously, like they came with the car), and protect the floors better than any car mat I've ever had in past cars.

PocketGoddess - I definitely recommend just getting the whole set - it will look nice to have your floors all matching, and they really look amazing.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by animated
I bought my U-Ace floor mats (black) from Auto Distributer Direct last Thursday night, and I received them by Saturday morning. Less than 2 days! I live in Los Angeles, so I'm not sure if that factored into the insanely fast shipping time, but I'd definitely recommend ordering from them.

Also, thanks to 2012FitFan, for the recommendation! I bought these because of your posts, and I am thrilled with them. They look AMAZING (seriously, like they came with the car), and protect the floors better than any car mat I've ever had in past cars.

PocketGoddess - I definitely recommend just getting the whole set - it will look nice to have your floors all matching, and they really look amazing.
You're welcome! U-ACE is located in CA. They really are a high quality product.

I only wish they made them for my 2008 Dodge Ram.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
That's what I'm leaning toward, just waiting for the answers to a few of my other questions that I asked directly.

Did you get the gray? Are they a good match with the stock gray interior?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
No, I purchased the black, which I can say look great in the car (my FIT is a 2013 Base, black exterior). I bet the grey would probably look very nice too though?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
The black is super-sharp looking, and of course I'm attracted to it, but I also want to keep things streamlined if I can. I got the Blue Vortex exterior and the gray interior.

Indecisive much?? I went back and forth between the Blue Raspberry and the Blue Vortex a hundred times. Now that I've gotten that question nailed down, floor mats *should* be easier. . . SIGH.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Mine also has a grey interior, and I think the black mats look very streamlined. If you'd like, I can take photos when I leave work and get to my car.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes please, thanks!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
from my experience, i would NOT get the factory floor mats. they have very poor coverage, especially for winter use.

that 3D one looks id get that too when my all season factory mats are worn out.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
I can't comment on the gray liners. I do know my black liners pretty much match the interior perfectly.

I can't wait to see animated's pictures of black on gray.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Okay! So I took a few photos... sorry for the bad quality - taken with my phone.

driver side (Sorry the driver's side is so dirty, haha, it looks worse in the picture than in real life, I think.)

passenger side

back seat

As you can see, the black mats are pretty close to the color of the carpet in the grey interior. The seats are lighter in color, but the carpet is close. I don't think you can go wrong with the black mats!!

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Floor mats from Amazon??