2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's Side Pocket Under Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Driver's Side Pocket Under Steering Wheel?

Anyone do this mod or know where you can order this part? (#8 in the below diagram) Looks like an easy swap for our USDM Fit.... But, I can't find it for sale. Lings Honda Parts | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda says "- Contact Us -", which leads me to believe it's not available. Any help would be appreciated.

Part Number 77590TF0G01ZA

Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
That would be nice where you get that part number from?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
... Huh. Odd. Wazzit for? It looks like it's 1.5 inches wide and 2 inches deep. What would you put in there?

Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
I could find something for it, I got the oem center console which doesn't give you nothing for extra storage. every bit helps I guess.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
I think that part was somewhere around 30 bucks according to lings. If you get in touch with them, they will give you a part number. I have asked them about many parts that just said "contact us" and they always had part numbers.

From pictures I've seen online, it's roughly 3x3 inches and just a little cubby hole. No idea why they didn't include it in the North American fit.

The more I look at the European jazz, the more I realize how much we've been shafted.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
I think that part was somewhere around 30 bucks according to lings. If you get in touch with them, they will give you a part number. I have asked them about many parts that just said "contact us" and they always had part numbers.

From pictures I've seen online, it's roughly 3x3 inches and just a little cubby hole. No idea why they didn't include it in the North American fit.

The more I look at the European jazz, the more I realize how much we've been shafted.
^ ^ ^
What he said... and if you go for it, PLEASE let all of us know how it turned out and how we can order. Again, PLEASE let us know. I'll take all of the little cubby storage I can get if it works out to be a decent purchase.

Also, I agree with connor55. I've thoroughly checked out Fits from around the world. Other models get a LOT MORE features than the American models get.

The Mexican models don't access the inconveniently-located little push/turn button above the steering wheel for information readout... they get a button on the steering wheel below where the cruise control buttons are on the right side of the steering wheel (sport model). So you can check out the various information displayed about your vehicle (average MPG, etc.) without even taking your hand off of the steering wheel. The American models obviously have a blank, non-functioning button in that location.

I could go on. Maybe we should all complain to Honda and they'll give us better features in the new 2014 model. Do it now... so they can plan in advance. That is, if Honda even gives a rat's behind what potential American buyers have to say, and requests made accordingly.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
... Huh. Odd. Wazzit for? It looks like it's 1.5 inches wide and 2 inches deep. What would you put in there?
Trojan dispenser.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I would be very interested in this. I think it would be a good place to keep change.

I think the reason the American market gets shafted on options is because the extreme exchange rates with the Yen. They have to decontent the Fit in order to make any profit here. They are trying to resolve the exchange rate issue with the new Mexico plant. It's too bad they couldn't find a way to make them in the US like our Pilot.

Anyway if someone finds the part number and a place to order let us know!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Not to get off topic, but the amount of options they took from us seems like more than an exchange rate thing. Off the top of my head we don't get:

Panoramic Sun roof option
Auto climate
Auto wipers
Heated leather seats
4wd
Auto power folding mirrors with winkers
The cubby storage hole
Auto height adjusting headlights
Cvt (if that matters to you)
Seat height adjustment
3 blink turn signal
Wiper speed adjuster
Rear foglight
In Canada, we don't even get the navi option

There's probably a lot more I didn't think of, but I think you get the point. That stuff is worth several thousand dollars. Seems unlikely they had to chop THAT much out of the fit to make it affordable here. At least I like the way the North American fit looks compared to their stubby counterparts.

Back to the topic. I think I'll order this part too if/when I resort to buying stuff from lings for my ACC project.
I'm 90% sure it'll fit as the rest of their diagram is the same as ours, unless there's something behind that part in our fits that would block it.

Last edited by connor55; 05-04-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
It's a marketing and economics thing.

I think Honda figures they'd cannibalize Civic and Accord sales if they offer too many high-end features on the Fit. Civics and Accords are assembled here with a much higher profit margin. I'm sure they missed the mark for a lot of people, but until they increase profit margins you're not going to see a change. I would have purchased an "EX" Fit paying a couple grand for better sound-proofing, interior materials, and electronics. The Sport's sportiness didn't appeal to me.

Perhaps when they start making Fits in Mexico we'll see more upscale options. Or not. The countries that have them tend to have $10/gal gas so the market for higher end gas-sippers is better.

You forgot to mention the refrigerated upper glove box.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
I would really like the height adjustable driver seat.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Post Rear disc brakes

The Fit in some countries gets rear disc brakes.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, I sent a message to Lings. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
The "contact us" likely means they would have to order the part from Japan- they don't keep it in stock. that is what they had to do when I ordered my centre console part from them.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Well I ordered it. It was really expensive after shipping. I hope it fits. I'll let you know if it ships and fits.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
How much??

Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Order Total: £31.35... So $49.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 AM
seems like great place to keep sunglasses/wallet/cell phone

Old 05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by ampete04
Order Total: £31.35... So $49.
What was the part number? I think I will order it as well.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
It's the one listed in the o.p. $50 is a lot for a gamble though. Let me see if it fits first. I'll post up picks. Shouldn't be more than a week or two.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Pocket Under Steering Wheel?