2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Brazil? – Fit Twist part #s

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone in Brazil? – Fit Twist part #s

So I’m thinking about getting into Rallycross this year and am looking to raise my Fit up a little bit off the ground. I’d love to get my hands on some suspension pieces from the Brazilian-market-only Fit Twist.

Anyone have access to the part numbers for the front strut assembly (similar to #4 & 6 in the first image) and rear spring & shocks (#1 & 2 in the second image)?

I have a (non-car) buddy who lives down there that could pick up the parts and ship them to me, but it will be a lot easier if I can just tell him what to order at the dealer as opposed to having him ask about parts he doesn’t understand.

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Twist looks kind of cool, I like the tail lights and front and rear bumpers. The roof rails make the car look totally different.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Well, it seems that Honda uses the same first 5 digits of the part number for all of the suspensions. I did a little bit of part number comparing, but couldn't actually find a Fit Twist part numbers. I know that some of the Fit Twist only parts have SML (instead of our TK6) as the middle part of the part number, but I don't know of any site that you could actually find these part numbers from. I would ask someone at the Brazilian Honda Fit forum Fit Fans | Honda Fit / Jazz You will probably have to google translate everything you type in, but you might be able to find someone that can get the part number for you.

Front R
51610-TK6-A51 Fit Sport
51610-TK6-A71 Fit Base

Front L
51620-TK6-A51 Fit Sport

Rear
52610-TK6-A51 Fit Sport
52610-TK6-A71 Fit Base

Found on Nengun's site
51620-TFO-J230 Fit RS
52610-TFO-J230 Fit RS

Old 08-24-2013, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
I might be able to stop by a Honda dealer next week. What exactly do you need? Keep in mind the parts here is about 2 -3 times more. With the strong dollar now, the price may be double only.

And the only secure way to ship the parts to you from Brazil is Sedex (similar to Fedex) and it is going to cost you also.

Third, I am not sure the parts are warranty outside of Brazil. I just want to point this out as I have been doing the reserve for the last 3 years.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi,

I'm from Brazil, and live in Belo Horizonte city.
As far as I know, the Fit Twist has NO suspension change compared with other Fit models here in Brazil.
The differences are only on visual. But if you still want some parts from Brazil I can help.
I will try to get the part numbers you asked.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Vizibelli, are you sure? Check the spec again (the ground clearance). I thought the Twist sits higher than the regular Fit.

FYI: The GD1 (Brazil) JDM Spec and the GD3 (US) USDM spec have different front lower fork. Don't assume they are the same. If I were you Teamkitty, get something aftermarket in the states so you know it works for sure.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:30 PM
id just get some D2 or Ksport coilovers, put them at full soft, and raise them up. over an inch height increase most likely

Old 08-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Hi martymcfly,

Yes, I'm sure. The ground clearance are the same. Twist is a bit high because the roof rack, but ground clearance are the same.

USDM models are the most different Fit in the world. Brazilian Fits are very similar with Japan models or Jazz (Europe). When we are looking for some parts we have to buy from Europe or Japan. If we buy from US it may not fit our Fit.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the replies.

MartyMcFly and Vizibelli:
That would be amazing if either of you could ask next time you’re at a dealership. Minimally, I’m thinking front and rear springs. But I ‘m not sure if the longer springs would also require different front struts and rear shocks. I guess lets just check on the part numbers for front and rear Fit Twist springs and I can make them work with my stock shocks and struts. I can have my buddy deal with the purchasing and shipping. THANK YOU.

Vizibelli:
From the looks of things it does seem like there is more ground clearance on the Twist model vs. standard, but I could be wrong. I know that Honda also measures the roof rack when measuring the height, but I really looks like it sits higher overall than a regular fit. Are you sure they're the same?

13fit:
Not a bad idea at all. I assumed that any aftermarket coilovers would start out at stock height and go lower. But the idea that they can be raised higher is intriguing. I’ll look into it. edit: woah, some really sweet gravel rally options out there. way out of my price range thought at $1800. im going to have to stick to my longer springs plans.

Thanks again guys. Appreciate it.

Last edited by teamkitty; 08-26-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Banned
Old 08-27-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Just thought of a new plan B if the Fit Twist springs don't work out: Fit EV springs!

The fit EV sits 2.2-inches higher without a roof rack. The springs are available here in the states (but might be hard to purchase through honda since the car is lease-only). I'd still have to figure out something for the rears since the rear suspension is completely different and I doubt the springs would just drop in, but I'm kind of excited for another option to explore. Just thinking out loud...

Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

Unfortunately autoblog is wrong. I've just arrived from a dealer and asked about it. They confirmed me that ground clearance are absolutely the same.
The spring & shocks are exactly the same, suspension are the same. Fit Twist is only cosmetic. They have different part numbers only for statistic reason.
I compared myself the Twist and EX model ground clearance and they are the same. Twist is a bit SMALLER because the side skirt, but you can take it out.

Anyway, if some one wants to know the price, here they are:
Front shocks: R$ 326.27 (about US$ 142.00) each.
Front springs: R$ 125.52 (about US$ 55.00) each.
Rear shocks: R$ 223.10 (about US$ 97.00) each.
+ shipping...

Just realized that I forgot to get the rear spring price. But I'm sure that the price is no good for you. You can get much cheaper pieces in USA.

And as US Fits are the most different Fit in the world, I can't tell if Brazilian Fit parts would fit your Fit. (this phrase is correct? English is not my mother language and I found the "fit fit fit" a bit funny. )

Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
BRIGADO Vizibelli!!!

Thank you so much for figuring this out for me. I'm surprised that the Fit Twist is cosmetic only with no increased ground clearance but super happy I found out now instead of after buying stock springs from Brazil and shipping them to the states. You really saved me some time and money here.

(and yes, the fit fit fit part is perfect english!. I recently took a beginner portuguese class and struggled like crazy. I'm going to give it another go in the next couple of months.)

tenha um bom dia

-Rob

Old 09-03-2013, 03:15 PM
You are welcome.

If you need anything from Brazil I'll try to help.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Just an FYI, the Fit EV's parts are not an option. You can't buy them. The only way to get EV parts is to steal it. lol

Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
I've got a buddy who works at a honda dealership in the service dept. Gonna see if he can try to order a set under "warranty repair".