2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by kurtdesch
(...)
The picture you included is pretty close but the hood and windshield were much longer giving it a more sleek not bubblous appearance. The front grill opening was smaller but the headlights are pretty much right on. The side mirrors were black colored and attached at the window line.
From your description, could it be like this?

Last edited by pontopt; 09-07-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking of buying another Fit in 2008 and giving my 2007 Sport AT to my daughter when she graduates from college. In the meantime she really needed a car and used ones in her area were, well, let's just say the sales people lived down to the stereotype of used car salesmen, and they offered vehicles to match their character. We decided to lease a new car for her to use while she's away at college. Although she really wanted a Fit, their unavailability sent her to the local Toyota dealer, where she got a Yaris. If she decides she loves the Yaris after she's been driving it awhile, graduates and lands a job, we may buy it. If not, I hope I can afford to move to the 2008 or 2009 Fit, or maybe a hybrid version of it, and give her my 2007 -- which I love! I'm really curious to see what changes they'll make for 2008.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Yeah, it looks pretty close but the grill opening is alot smaller, fog lights were round. I got a call to goto another focus group in LA in a few weeks and I and assuming it's for the same class of cars. I'll pay more attention and let everyone if any changes have been made.
Originally Posted by pontopt
From your description, could it be like this?

Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
I like the body; it looks more sleek and masculine at the same time with a wider stance and without too much of the mini-minivan look. there's something wrong about the front though and I don't know what it is. I like the shape of the lights on its own though.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Also notice that on the Blue fit, the side mirrors are attached next to the window and not to below the window. So that little trianglar window in front is now gone.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:01 AM

Hi! could it this be the 2008 fit?

Old 09-10-2006, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down not diggin it at all

The front is too rounded. Not as bold as the current model IMO. I'm so glad i got mine when i did!

Old 09-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Somewhere between those 2 would be best. The first is too bulldogish in the face. Nose is too blunt. Well, that could be wrong. it's the details that I don't like. The chrome bar is too pronounced. The grill opening too wide and thick.

In the second model it looks too small overall, like it's a smaller version of the jazz.

You could improve the blue car by incorporating the headlight/grill combination from the gray model. it would tidy up the front and give it a much more clean, "Honda-like" appearance. The gray car could use the pronounced rear haunches of the blue one. In either case, my Protege5 shall likely find it's replacement.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
So what! Every car becomes last years model. If you live long enough everything will change. If Honda brings out an 08 Fit in October of 2007, then the current model will have lasted a year and a half. Whenever Honda ends the cycle of a model they offer a "Special Edition" version to end the cycle. I have not seen a "Special Edition" Fit being offered.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:14 AM
IF they just kept the current styling, fixed the basic problems like no dead pedal, and put in a newer engine (hint more power and better economy, the other engine is years old) I would buy one...this new one kind of freaks me out...

Old 09-11-2006, 03:14 AM
The "Special Editions" are never a guarentee at the end of a life-cycle. Not sure that i've seen one yet for the CRV, Odyssey, and if for the Civic, then only the last one. I believe the first SE was in '93 for the Accord, the next in '97.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by Josh Kirby
Also notice that on the Blue fit, the side mirrors are attached next to the window and not to below the window. So that little trianglar window in front is now gone.
The Fit I saw actually had a bigger front window.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:27 AM
Imagine a mix between the two pictures other members posted. The sharp angles of one put on the below picture. The grill opening is alot more simular to this rendition.
Originally Posted by Henry

Hi! could it this be the 2008 fit?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Changes for 2008?

So far we're only getting an idea of the exterior. I like it as is and I'm glad I got the 1st edition Fit. If they're going to make changes, it should have more to do with amenities than style. The "sleeker" version as pictured looks too much like a van to me. I'd like to see modifications like a slightly bigger gas tank, adjustable seats and steering wheel and an interior that doesn't show every piece of lint and speck of dirt. The big question is -- how much pricier will the new Fit be?

Old 09-11-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ichthus
The "Special Editions" are never a guarentee at the end of a life-cycle. Not sure that i've seen one yet for the CRV, Odyssey, and if for the Civic, then only the last one. I believe the first SE was in '93 for the Accord, the next in '97.
Special Editions are not a guarantee. Honda releases them in order to boost sales numbers. The Fit is selling like hotcakes, so it probably wont happen.

BTW the Gen 1 and Gen 2 CR-V has SE models for the last two years of each respective generation.

Current Accord has an SE model. And I believe the 94-96 integra has SE models.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Keep Fit
Honda want to sell all the left over Fit to North America (clearance) , so they can produce new generation Fit in Japan
Left over Fits? they don't have left over Fits. They build them and sell them.

I also agree that getting the current model to pass crash standards and only selling it for 18 months (in reletively low numbers) is crazy.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I wonder if what they showed at the focus group was in any way related to the press release from Honda in July announcing 2 new Japanese models - the Comfort Edition and the HDD Navi Comfort Edition. Here is a link to the announcement and here is a link to a blog that has essentially the same information but adds links to the factory site with pix of the new options.

Personally I am all over the HDD Navi edition and really hope that it hits the US as a 2008 model. If so, I'll be driving one.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Funny how that link shows auto climate control, a stereo blank out plate and no steering mounted radio controls.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Funny how that link shows auto climate control, a stereo blank out plate and no steering mounted radio controls.
If you follow the 2nd link in my earlier post and then click the "product options" link in the 2nd paragraph, it'll take you to a Japanese-language page that has pix of the climate control, folding mirrors, nav system and the steering wheel mounted radio controls.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Here is a "new" picture:

Quick Reply: 2009 Fit