2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Jazz/Honda Fit most reliable car according to Warrantydirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Honda Jazz/Honda Fit most reliable car according to Warrantydirect.com

Warranty Direct is a popular warranty company in the United Kingdom and they put out an index which is calculated with the data from all the incoming warranty claims.

The Honda Jazz or Honda Fit is the top in reliability out of a long list of cars.

Home - Car Reliability Index | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

I now have 135000 miles on my 2011 Honda Fit and most of it is start/stop NYC driving over pothole ridden roads. The only issues I have encountered are TPMS sensors (mainly do to daily potholes), loose underside shields (mainly do to the potholes), AC fan speed knob on dash only working on high (replaced twice, known issue), loose shifts on the auto tranny happening at every 35-50k miles (cured with a transmission fluid flush) and bad alternator at 125000 miles. The other issue, which may not be an issue, is I feel the brake pads seem to wear away too early although I am a start/stop kind of guy and put more pressure on pads then most people. I now get the lifetime warranty pads from Firestone which are made by Wagner. The rotors can also warp or develop hot spots if you use them too much. The stock Dunlop tires have a shorter life then I like and that is cured by going with a different brand tire. The lettering on some of the knobs and buttons is wearing away after daily use for 3 years. The radio volume knob seems to be going. When I lower the volume sometimes the volume goes up.

All of the issues I have encountered are minor issues resulting from how I drive and the places I drive. If I was like the average person who uses their vehicle for the usual commute and leisurely drive around town then most of the issues on my own personal trouble list may not even come up. If I was driving an American car or a Nissan/Mazda, the car would probably be in the junkyard by now. There is a very short list of cars that I can drive for what I do on a daily basis that will go to 200-300k and still be operational.

Last edited by SevereService; 05-26-2014 at 07:18 AM.