2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Fit 5MT Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 09:09 PM
2012 Fit 5MT Window Problems

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with their driver side window auto-up feature. Currently, if I lower the window half way down and use the auto-up, the window will go up but then go back down to the same level all by itself. This issue is really intermittent, and I can't seem to replicate the issue on a consistent basis. Sometimes I have to lower the window all the way down, and hold the button for the window to go back up again. I did a bit of research, and it seems that there was a recall for the 1st gen Fit regarding a similar issue. I had a local dealer service tech try to reset the window controller module, but I am still having the same issues. Should I contact the dealer to have them actually take apart the door and see if there is indeed a problem with the hardware inside? My car is still under warranty, but I don't want to waste my time with dealers...especially if they want to try some lazy workarounds and tell me that everything is fine and dandy (considering they don't offer a free courtesy vehicle). Anyone have inputs?

Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hungryhamster
Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with their driver side window auto-up feature. Currently, if I lower the window half way down and use the auto-up, the window will go up but then go back down to the same level all by itself. This issue is really intermittent, and I can't seem to replicate the issue on a consistent basis. Sometimes I have to lower the window all the way down, and hold the button for the window to go back up again. I did a bit of research, and it seems that there was a recall for the 1st gen Fit regarding a similar issue. I had a local dealer service tech try to reset the window controller module, but I am still having the same issues. Should I contact the dealer to have them actually take apart the door and see if there is indeed a problem with the hardware inside? My car is still under warranty, but I don't want to waste my time with dealers...especially if they want to try some lazy workarounds and tell me that everything is fine and dandy (considering they don't offer a free courtesy vehicle). Anyone have inputs?
It has to do with resistance in the window channel. If it hits a certain amount of resistance just before reaching the top, it'll automatically come down (in case someone's got their finger there).

But the issue starts getting annoying when there's no finger (or anything obviously obstructing it). In that case, it's the channel itself causing too much resistance (dirt or other debris in the channel). Need to give it a good cleaning in case there's debris in the channel then lube it (I hear silicone lubricant works...).

I have the same issue, but too lazy to deal with it. I just keep hitting auto-up until it stops coming back down.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Should be a window reset sequence.

On my other cars it is down all the way hold button 5 sec, then up all the way hold 5 sec.

Give it a shot.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
I'm so glad you asked this. I have had this problem on my 2010 and 2013. This was my only complaint with my 10 sport.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm...it seems that I am not the only one who is having this problem. Did you guys have it fixed under warranty, or did you try the silicone lubricant like the other person suggested?

Old 10-22-2014, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
You need to bring it to dealer. That way there will be a record of the problem and if it recurs after your warranty, you can convince Honda they ought to take care of it. Without a record of it, it is not recurring as far as Honda is concerned. It would be post warranty.