2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Intermittent Wipers DIY on 09 Base Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Intermittent Wipers DIY on 09 Base Fit?

I searched forum and found some DIY for Sport trim - I'm not sure if that is different since they may have different connectors etc. So I apologize if this was already discussed. Can someone point me with a link to a DIY for Intermittent Wipers for Base model? Thank you very much. Also if someone already did that - can you guys give a link to a part that needs to be purchased, because I searched and there are lot's of Honda Int.Wiper modules with differences and I'm not sure which one is needed.

P.S. I'm referring to a CR-V/Insight (not sure for exact models compatible) Intermittent Wiper module that can be installed with minimal changes to connectors to Fit.

Last edited by Fit2009BaseAT; 11-06-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
I doubt very much if wiring would be different. However, keep in mind the DIY is for a standard tranny. Will not work on an automatic. I forget why.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-non-navi.html

Old 11-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I doubt very much if wiring would be different. However, keep in mind the DIY is for a standard tranny. Will not work on an automatic. I forget why.

Yes you are right - it was done on MT's. No one knows how to do it for AT due to different/missing pins.

This Mod and absent of Armrest in base Fit is probably 2 most annoying things. I will order armrest OEM from College Hill Honda or else, but Int.Wipers would still be something I want to at least try to do.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member

Wrong....works on some ATs. My theory is all non-paddle shift ATs will work.... OP, it should work on your fit....

Just check the Q connector to see if all the pins are there, I have done the mod on my AT Sport (non-paddle shift). Follow the DIY, ALL the answers are in there.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k-man
Wrong....works on some ATs. My theory is all non-paddle shift ATs will work.... OP, it should work on your fit....

Just check the Q connector to see if all the pins are there, I have done the mod on my AT Sport (non-paddle shift). Follow the DIY, ALL the answers are in there.
Not wrong!. Just uninformed. First i have heard that non-paddle Autos can be converted. So there is hope for us Canadian Auto owners. And I thought I was done modding!

Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 AM

Thank you. I'll start with locating that Q connector and checking if all pins are there.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Not wrong!. Just uninformed. First i have heard that non-paddle Autos can be converted. So there is hope for us Canadian Auto owners. And I thought I was done modding!
I agree that thread is on a longer side and it was not easy for me to go through it to separate needed info. I still can't find that CR-V/Insite Wiper Stalk. I searched for part number Wiper Stalk "35256-SWA-A11"- but all it comes up in google are wiper stalks similar to what I have on my Fit - e.g. without that 3 drops sign and Int. white line on stalk. I saw exactly Wiper Stalk 35256-SWA-A11 on some honda part websites, but it was without the image - so I'm not sure which wiper stalk will they send. Anyway I'll try locating that Q-connector with all pins first.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
It's not just hope, it can be done.... i have the exact same car as you

Old 11-09-2014, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit2009BaseAT
I agree that thread is on a longer side and it was not easy for me to go through it to separate needed info. I still can't find that CR-V/Insite Wiper Stalk. I searched for part number Wiper Stalk "35256-SWA-A11"- but all it comes up in google are wiper stalks similar to what I have on my Fit - e.g. without that 3 drops sign and Int. white line on stalk. I saw exactly Wiper Stalk 35256-SWA-A11 on some honda part websites, but it was without the image - so I'm not sure which wiper stalk will they send. Anyway I'll try locating that Q-connector with all pins first.

The first page of the DIY post has the part number, that is what I have in my car. Sure there are alot of pages but nobody said self-modding is walk in the park...lol

My posts near the end indicate that ATs should benefit from the mod. Its as easy as checking back behind the fuse box to see if the Q connector has all the pins. If my theory is correct, all ATs without paddle shifters should have all pins.... the mod itself is quick other than the PITA reaching behind the fuse box to the Q connector. But its a cheap mod and VERY useful.......our Fits should have come this way stock

Old 11-09-2014, 01:43 PM
The first page of the DIY post has the part number, that is what I have in my car. Sure there are alot of pages but nobody said self-modding is walk in the park...lol

My posts near the end indicate that ATs should benefit from the mod. Its as easy as checking back behind the fuse box to see if the Q connector has all the pins. If my theory is correct, all ATs without paddle shifters should have all pins.... the mod itself is quick other than the PITA reaching behind the fuse box to the Q connector. But its a cheap mod and VERY useful.......our Fits should have come this way stock
Thanks k-man. I will ask you for help if i get stuck at some point.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=k-man;1276460]The first page of the DIY post has the part number, that is what I have in my car. Sure there are alot of pages but nobody said self-modding is walk in the park...lol
/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Fit2009BaseAT
Thanks k-man. I will ask you for help if i get stuck at some point.
Well no way can I get to that connector (old and decrepit). I have enough trouble just working on the fuse panel. So Base Fit once you do yours I will let you do mine.