2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What apps from your phone do you like using in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Question What apps from your phone do you like using in the car?

I thought I'd make this post for fellow members to share which apps you enjoy using via aux or B/T. We don't have Hondalink in 2nd gen so I'm asking which APPS you use or recommend to others. Please if you don't mind, please let us know which phone you are using (Android/iOS/Windows Phone/Blackberry) so members know if it's available for their phone. This may make for a great sticky. Again thank you for sharing.

I'll go first...

I enjoy Milk Music (offered from Samsung exclusively for Galaxy Line phones) and the Digitally Imported app (streaming all techno genres).

Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Digitally Imported app (streaming all techno genres).
Thanks for the info. I just downloaded the app too and might use it in conjunction with/instead of Pandora via Bluetooth in my 2007 Fit Base. I swapped out headunits and joined the 21st century to be able to use my phone for audio entertainment while driving.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Waze (nav with crowdsourced traffic/road hazard data) is always running and RadarNow! (weather radar feed) is always ready. I ran Torque (OBII data display) for a while until I got an UltraGauge.

Android.

Last edited by Fit Charlie; 11-17-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added links.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
In two vent holders (Brodit) I used Witness ( video camera can either activate with 'G' force or manually) and PocketGPSworld camera alert (gives Camera locations and verbal warnings ) at the same time on an iphone. the other holds a HTC HD2 running igo8 (voice navigation with many settings) though program old the maps, POI, Cameras etc are current via Naviextras and PocketGPSworld. Also on A pillar bracket is an older HP ipaq5550 running igo8 both with TMC receivers (Traffic Message Channel over the RDS encoded in FM radio transmissions).

Last edited by GSX600FMAN; 11-22-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DWils
Thanks for the info. I just downloaded the app too and might use it in conjunction with/instead of Pandora via Bluetooth in my 2007 Fit Base. I swapped out headunits and joined the 21st century to be able to use my phone for audio entertainment while driving.
Originally Posted by Fit Charlie
Waze is always running and Radar One is always ready. I ran Torque for a while until I got a ScanGauge.

Android.
Originally Posted by GSX600FMAN
In two vent holders (Brodit) I used Witness and PocketGPSworld camera alert at the same time on an iphone. the other holds a HTC HD2 running igo8 (though program old the maps, POI, Cameras etc are current via Naviextras and PocketGPSworld. Also on A pillar bracket is an older HP ipaq5550 running igo8 both with TMC being received.
I'm sorry guys I should have said this in my initial post. Could you put in () what each app is so we know if it's something that interests the member looking at your post for example I like this app CBS Radio (streaming up to the minute national / world news stories). Thank you members for embracing this thread and sharing the app you enjoy streaming while commuting to and from work or maybe on a road trip. I can not wait to try all the apps you've shared so far.