2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic FSM

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Electronic FSM

I'm sorry to burden this forum with yet another FSM thread, but I have looked through past threads and not found a satisfactory answer.

As I understand it, there are basically two legitimate options to obtain technical service information from Honda: a print FSM from Helm, Inc., or an online subscription to Honda's Service Express website. The print FSM is reported to have the same form factor as a series of telephone books, but nobody has said how the information is structured on the Service Express site. Can you download the complete manuals in PDF format? If the FSM information is subdivided into hundreds of small PDF files, do these have the same layout and pagination as the printed manuals? Or is the service information available in HTML only, as is the case with the warez "manuals" for which links have appeared on this forum from time to time?

I am asking on behalf of a family member who owns a 2009 Honda Fit. It has held up well under almost 40,000 miles of mostly city driving, but we need to begin preparing for major maintenance jobs. I have had experience with FSMs on both paper and PDF, as well as technical information services like AllData, and from the standpoint of cost and usability my personal preference is for complete manuals in PDF that match the appearance of the printed manuals. However, I have no way of knowing how the information is organized on the Service Express site without actually paying $10 just to explore, hence my questions.