2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuo's Garage Product Portfolio

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
Kuo's Garage Product Portfolio

Apologize if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything relevant. A 5 lug conversion kit was posted here, but nothing else. It seems like this company offers some interesting/innovative products for our cars. Here are my favorites that I found.

Combination strut bar and brake booster brace:
FIT 2nd STRUT TOWER BARS (BLACK)

Haven't dug into the fit to see how much flex there is at the firewall from the MC, but I know my VW Golf had very noticeable flex. The golf has bracing available which cuts down the flex and improves pedal feel. Sold the car before I had a chance to try it.

Roll Center Adjusters:
FIT 2nd ROLL CENTER ADJUSTER (Lower Ball Joints)

I am always weary about these products because many don't work. Simply spacing the control arm below the ball joint does not change geometry. The length of the shank ABOVE the ball joint must increase to alter the roll center. This one seems right, but I would need measurements to confirm.

One-Way Alternator Pully:
FIT 2nd ALTERNATOR ONE-WAY PULLY

Essentially a clutch pulley designed to cut down vibrations in the serpentine belt system and improve durability. No idea if we would see any benefit, but neat nonetheless.

Throttle Body Spacer with Sub Air Chamber:
FIT 2nd THROTTLE SPACERS + SUB AIR CHAMBER

Throttle body spacers are everywhere. Some applications show gains, nothing or losses. What peaked my interest with this one was what appears to be a Helmholtz resonator, which could be used to increase torque at some unspecified RPM range. Would need dimensions to calculate the tuning frequency. As with all power adders, I will remain skeptical until I see a back to back dyno.

There is also the typical JDM tyte yo products such as fender washers and battery tie downs, but the products above are intriguing. Thoughts?

Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
holy crap that strut bar install...

Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Strut Tower Brace and Brake Master Cylinder/Booster Brace,
have bought it almost a year ago,
had not installed it yet because I have not bought the 1inch Master Cylinder that
I need to upgrade my entire front and rear brake system...
don't want to have to install and then took them out and install back again...
but they are good quality though...
Also got the battery tie down bar, again had not installed it yet

Old 11-27-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
I have the Strut Tower Brace and Brake Master Cylinder/Booster Brace,
have bought it almost a year ago,
had not installed it yet because I have not bought the 1inch Master Cylinder that
I need to upgrade my entire front and rear brake system...
don't want to have to install and then took them out and install back again...
but they are good quality though...
Also got the battery tie down bar, again had not installed it yet
Your post is what got me looking at their parts. Was hoping you had impressions! I may get one in a couple weeks.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
I finally install the Kuo Garage Battery Holder today:

Name:  DSC08452_zpsd885dfa1.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  154.3 KB

Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting stuff, but its all pretty pricey for what you're getting.

That is the most intense strut bar install ever. My Corolla's bar was literally five minutes, 6 washers and 6 nuts. This looks like it would take a whole afternoon. IMO, the time it would take and the cost ($265 for a strut bar?! My DC sports bar for my Corolla was $160 shipped!) wouldn't be worth what you'd get out of it.

The only other product I'd be interested in is the sway bar, but the Progress bar is cheaper, and comes with a one year warranty. If I want the battery tie down or fender washers, I can get them cheaper from Blox or SickSpeed, and still have the look with a lower price.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Bump on this thread. Has anyone actually bought one and INSTALLED one of the strut bars?

These look awesome and seem like they would do ALOT of good. But I want to hear an actual review.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitMinister
Bump on this thread. Has anyone actually bought one and INSTALLED one of the strut bars?

These look awesome and seem like they would do ALOT of good. But I want to hear an actual review.
I BOUGHT one,
but I can NOT installed it yet,
since I need to get a larger Brake Master Cylinder first...
I don't want to open all the bolts only to open it again later
when I change to larger Brake MC...

I am pretty sure they will do a good job (if not better) compare to other strut bar available out there...

Old 03-12-2015, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
I hate to be a party pooper but the Fit seems like the least likely car to need a strut tower brace. The strut towers are already connected by the firewall. I doubt that there is any lack of stiffness at this point in the frame. Seems a bit like snake oil to me.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ukemike
I hate to be a party pooper but the Fit seems like the least likely car to need a strut tower brace. The strut towers are already connected by the firewall. I doubt that there is any lack of stiffness at this point in the frame. Seems a bit like snake oil to me.
I bought it only because it double in function as brake master cylinder stopper too.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ukemike
You're missing the point. The brake master cylinder may have significant flex at the firewall, resulting in poor pedal feel and modulation. The brace creates another point of contact at the firewall in an attempt to reduce any flex.

I've been meaning to measure the deflection, if any, to see if the product is worthwhile. The video below demonstrates a similar product for the VW community.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0oI2ExSWQU

Old 03-13-2015, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
My J's Racing Brake Master Cylinder is currently at the Custom waiting clearance,
as soon as it arrive,
and when I have my day off, I will install it and also install this Bar too, will update soon ...