2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Holy hell i'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Holy hell i'm back!

Hey fellas. Been awhile. Left here in 2011 due to there being NO market for our cars. My first gen was cool, my ge8 is better

Heard the ksport finally allows for some real tuning. Does that include the sport auto?

Also, what's this business about dw1>z1 auto trans fluid? Read a few threads here. Sounds like Honda gave us a better fluid. Tried looking up a diy, naturally fifteen million posts came up from sheeple Complaining about how a car works. (Do things ever change?? )

Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
What the... Double posted my edit...

Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by wontfit
Hey fellas. Been awhile. Left here in 2011 due to there being NO market for our cars. My first gen was cool, my ge8 is better

Heard the ksport finally allows for some real tuning. Does that include the sport auto?

Also, what's this business about dw1>z1 auto trans fluid? Read a few threads here. Sounds like Honda gave us a better fluid. Tried looking up a diy, naturally fifteen million posts came up from sheeple Complaining about how a car works. (Do things ever change?? )
The heii with Honda fluid, it's all sub standard. Go with top tier oil like RedLine and Amsoil. DW1 is far from anything special. Anything would be better then literately the worst ATF ever manufactured (Z1) and used by an auto manufacture. Cheap is cheap. Honda oil's, it's "dogma" oil put on a pedestal by forum fanboy's. From Honda car forums to Honda snowblower forums, Honda oils put on a pedestal by sheep.

Last edited by Mainia; 06-29-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Eh

What is this? Treachery! Lol Honda oil is good oil(motor oil wise) it's motul. There's a reason it's used in f1, Indy, rally, and any other Motorsport.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
u must be speaking of Ktuner not Ksport. he does offer them for the auto ecus, just check with him.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Ah yes of course. So similar.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by wontfit
What is this? Treachery! Lol Honda oil is good oil(motor oil wise) it's motul. There's a reason it's used in f1, Indy, rally, and any other Motorsport.
Any oil manufacture can make a cheap adpack that a manufacture can and will buy. Z1...........yea that was a great oil Motul made. Then Honda used that garbage and forced it on it's customers, and then told them it was a lifetime oil year after year. Then then the fanboys that have never picked up a wrench throw this dorky dogma on this oil and worship it because it says Honda on it. When it was garbage oil. Then Honda lies to it's customers that the oil is lifetime oil.

Sorry, Honda's corporate choice of tranny oil doesn't impress me, because it is always at a price point to them to make profit. Which is not bad, but since good ATF tranny oil in a common car COULD get by with 2 to 3 tranny oil changes in it's life. So have the best oil. But this is now a moot point because the Japanese car manufacture are 100% in to CVTs now.

CVT all bets are off. Still too new to have a rock solid trend on changing away from factory oil. The trend is top tier CVT oil is better then any factory oil across all manufacturers. We need more time and more people switching it out. I myself totally disagree with fanboys saying the oil is tranny specific. There are specific elements/additives used in an addpack that relate to a metal belt based tranny. So the amount of elements/additives, and the base stock is all you need and it appears aftermarket top tier oil manufacture excel here.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mainia
Any oil manufacture can make a cheap adpack that a manufacture can and will buy. Z1...........yea that was a great oil Motul made. Then Honda used that garbage and forced it on it's customers, and then told them it was a lifetime oil year after year. Then then the fanboys that have never picked up a wrench throw this dorky dogma on this oil and worship it because it says Honda on it. When it was garbage oil. Then Honda lies to it's customers that the oil is lifetime oil.

Sorry, Honda's corporate choice of tranny oil doesn't impress me, because it is always at a price point to them to make profit. Which is not bad, but since good ATF tranny oil in a common car COULD get by with 2 to 3 tranny oil changes in it's life. So have the best oil. But this is now a moot point because the Japanese car manufacture are 100% in to CVTs now.

CVT all bets are off. Still too new to have a rock solid trend on changing away from factory oil. The trend is top tier CVT oil is better then any factory oil across all manufacturers. We need more time and more people switching it out. I myself totally disagree with fanboys saying the oil is tranny specific. There are specific elements/additives used in an addpack that relate to a metal belt based tranny. So the amount of elements/additives, and the base stock is all you need and it appears aftermarket top tier oil manufacture excel here.

DW-1 is actually good fluid. Z1 is crap and DW-1 can replace Z1 in all applications. Another good choice would be Valvoline Maxlife synthetic for imports.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mainia

By the way there is a lot of fail in this thread. Honda Z1 transmission fluid was made by Idemitsu, not Motul. I am not aware of Motul making OEM fluid for Honda. They are a boutique oil producer, not a major OEM oil supplier.

Honda motor oil is made by Idemitsu or Conoco Phillips (0W-20, 5W-20 grades). I believe Honda has gone completely over to Conoco Phillips now for their 0W-20 motor oils.

DW-1 was created to replace Z-1, since Z-1 had poor cold flowing capability and could not really handle the stresses involved in Honda trannies. DW-1 is synthetic/semi-synthetic with much better cold flow characteristics and much longer life. It also supposedly has a special low friction add pack.

I have never seen where Honda said tranny fluid was lifetime fluid. All of the vehicles I've owned (Fit, Civic, Accord, Pilot, Odyssey) all had MM codes for changing the tranny fluid (30,000 miles or 60,000 miles).