2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Comfort.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 AM
Seat Comfort.

Wassup? So I've had my 2013 Honda Fit Sport for about 2 months now, and recently I've been getting some back pain. Nothing serious but just uncomfortable back when driving for over 30 mins. I've tried looking for forums relating to this but I haven't found any solutions to this. And I know someone will say, "Well, you should of thought of the comfort when you test drove it...blah blah". But I chose a fit because I wanted a fit, not because it was the best deal on the lot or was good looking. The fit is useful in my life with its versatility. Anyways, I've ranted long enough, Anyone here have some suggestions on what I should do to get more comfort? Any products you'd recommend or possibly even swapping seats out with another model? I'm open to anything at this point. And if it matters, I'm 5'09 with slightly longer legs than torso, and the pain I feel is coming from the tailbone area.
Thanks!

Old 11-05-2016, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'm also 5'9, longer legs with 34" inseam and I sit closer to the wheel for better control. I was also getting some back pain and was sliding forward. So, I found another thread on raising the front bottom of the seat and increasing the angle. It really helped a lot.

Here's a link to the mod I did: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1285232

You might also try one of these types of cushions as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seat...12%3B960%3B960

Old 11-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Do you have a wallet (or something else) in your back pants pocket? If so, try driving with it not there. I found out several years ago that it made a big difference for me.

The suggestion to see about raising the front of the seat up some is a good one, too. A number of people on the forum have done that with good results.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
A coworker working on his brothers Fit: He opened up the drivers upper seatback cover (zippers in the back) to stuff in additional foam padding for more lumbar support.

Later on, I did the same to my own 12 Civic drivers seat.
I had tried a couple other store bought lumbar things that were awkward and moved every time I sat down, but stuffing extra foam in the right places just works better for me.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated! I'll be sure to look at those cushions and also look more into the thread about the seat mod. But out of curiosity, anyone know of a seat swap with other Hondas? Like a Civic or possibly Accord? Oh and btw, I don't have anything in my back pockets, if anything just my wallet in my front left pocket but I doubt that will cause pain in my back.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
You should do some research on car seat ergonomics. Check to see how you are sitting and see if you can adjust position and recline.

Most seat swaps are possible its just the rails that don't match. Aside from doing a completely custom job they are not plug and play.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tbFit
I'm also 5'9, longer legs with 34" inseam and I sit closer to the wheel for better control. I was also getting some back pain and was sliding forward. So, I found another thread on raising the front bottom of the seat and increasing the angle. It really helped a lot.

Here's a link to the mod I did: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1285232

You might also try one of these types of cushions as well.
The GE's don't use the same seat bracket. The front left bracket is at a 90 degree angle so the washer trick won't work because the it extends the bolt as opposed to raising it. Hopefully that makes sense.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
I've owned 3 honda's every one if them gave me a back ache on longer drives (over an hour) , for me its weird height of the lumbar padding near as I can tell. I'm 6' tall upper body, 32" inseam.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
The GE's don't use the same seat bracket. The front left bracket is at a 90 degree angle so the washer trick won't work because the it extends the bolt as opposed to raising it. Hopefully that makes sense.
Thanks for the info! I just purchased a 2009 Fit Sport 5sp manual (GE) and just found this out the hard way! Guess i forgot about your reply a few months back.

Anyway, I was able to get 5 washers on the drivers left side and 4 on the right. Passenger seat was harder, I only got 4 on the right, 3 on the left.

I did use longer bolts in the front holes to accomodate the washers. I don't know how people used the original bolts and still got some grip with 3 to 4 washers.

The angle is definitely an issue going more than that height. I think it will work out ok with what I did, just feeling it I notice a difference.