2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I bought a salvage Fit and three years later the airbag light turned on

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:28 PM
I bought a salvage Fit and three years later the airbag light turned on

I got into a minor accident, I was rear-ended and then hit the car in front of me. There wasn't a lot of damage to the car but I brought it in because the SRS airbag light turned on and I wanted it scanned. It comes back with a huge amount of problems: airbag sensor front left and right, module airbag control, airbag front seat left, buckle front left and right, seatbelt front left.

I knew these things were damaged in the previous accident, but I was told they were all replaced (I didn't have a mechanic look at it because I'm too trustworthy I guess).

Is it possible that the computer was tricked into thinking these things were replaced and they weren't?

Or could a small accident somehow disconnect them?

Edit: It's a 2011 Fit

Attached Thumbnails I bought a salvage Fit and three years later the airbag light turned on-screen-shot-2016-12-15-12.36.40-pm.png  

Last edited by spaghettihead; 12-15-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I would probably erase fault codes first, then cycle and recheck to see what codes return immediately. That would probably tell me more about which faults are current and which might have been previous issues that were never correctly erased from memory.

If your accident involved a hit of sufficient force for the system to deploy belts and buckles (or any other SRS inflator), then there is a list of SRS components that are to be replaced. The typical list would likely include the affected impact sensors, SRS control unit, and all deployed components (bags and/or seatbelt items). Plus programming the new control unit, and a fault code recheck after the new control unit is in place.

Please refer to Hondas published service information for an accurate list of parts and procedures.

Old 04-22-2021, 02:27 PM
Sorry to wake up this thread. I have a CRV and recently bought a BlueDriver OBDII scanner and it shows that I have this 41-11 "No Signal From Driver Front Impact Sensor" code. However, the SRS indicator does not stay on. Can I assume that when I turn the key on, the SRS system will go through a quick check and if it passed the test then the SRS indicator will automatically turned off (therefore, I don't have to really pay attention to this 41-11 code)... Any thoughts about this? Thanks!

Old 04-23-2021, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by ihearthonda
Sorry to wake up this thread. I have a CRV and recently bought a BlueDriver OBDII scanner and it shows that I have this 41-11 "No Signal From Driver Front Impact Sensor" code. However, the SRS indicator does not stay on. Can I assume that when I turn the key on, the SRS system will go through a quick check and if it passed the test then the SRS indicator will automatically turned off (therefore, I don't have to really pay attention to this 41-11 code)... Any thoughts about this? Thanks!
From what I understand, this is correct. If no SRS fault is detected (system passes), the SRS icon won't be lit -- but the fault might be stored in the SRS module (you also might be able to clear SRS codes via BlueDriver).