2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2010 Fit Sport 130,000+ miles now having issues

Old 06-30-2017, 03:46 PM
Exclamation 2010 Fit Sport 130,000+ miles now having issues

If this is the wrong thread for this I could use some help or have this relocated elsewhere.

I have had my fit for 7 years now. It was paid off in February 2016. Two weeks ago, during the 119+ degree heat wave here in Vegas, the AC compressor clutch decided to shit the bed and needed to be replaced. I had it replaced by a mechanic friend. The compressor itself was $189. Today, I had the AC recharge done at Meineke because it was the cheapest place I could go. Got home, had AC again, noticed they left a pair of pliers sitting in the windshield corner. I then went to get gas in the car, a much needed wash and brought the mechanic back his pliers. Upon my arrival, there was a knocking noise coming from under the hood. I didn't think anything of it. I left there to head to work, still knocking, the AC was only cold when sitting at stop lights and was mostly luke warm all the way to work. It was also acting like the engine was choking because I would shift to second, third, etc and it couldnt seem to keep a speed or accelerate normally.

This is the first major mechanical issue I have had with the car. being the mileage I put on it and such, I should be grateful. I am just wondering if its the spark plugs, the fuel pump, a different part to the AC unit or what I am dealing with. The mechanic asked me to come back in and they would check the system for leaks and run a pressure check as well as see if their is a power issue....

any insight I could get here would be appreciated as I don't have access to a credit card or funds to spend anymore right now on the car.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Did the knocking noise stop when you turned the AC off? If so, the noise is attributable to the AC work and you can return to the shop and ask them to repair their repair.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Alco RS-1
Did the knocking noise stop when you turned the AC off? If so, the noise is attributable to the AC work and you can return to the shop and ask them to repair their repair.
It was doing it while the AC was on and off. I went back anyway and they vacuumed/exhausted the system twice. Now they believe it's the expansion valve, a faulty new compressor and or the dryer... told me to drive for a day or two and if it's a blockage hope it works itself out otherwise it could be the valve. New compressor has a year warranty so if it ends up being faulty no problem. Otherwise no idea what else it could be. The gauges on the low were normal, high was supposed to be around 230 and it was more like 320/330 and the needle was fluttering which is why they thought a blockage or the others.