2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Ignition coil for 2013 honda fit hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Ignition coil for 2013 honda fit hybrid

Hello. I have a 2013 honda fit hybrid 1490cc, engine type LEB-H1, imported from Japan in 2015. I'm having problem to get a Hitachi ignition coil CMH11-121 for my car. I live in Mauritius . Can anyone help me to find one on the internet ? Thank you.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-12-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Old 03-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Thank you for your reply. I would like to add that the model of my car is DAA GP5. Will it fit ? Only one ignition coil has problem. Will i have to change all 4 and also the spark plugs?

Old 03-09-2018, 11:00 PM
i'm looking to change the 4 ignition coils of the vehicle and the spark plugs. Actually i don't understand why you put 4 coil assy a and 4 coil asdy b. Could you please explain because i know nothing about mechanics Unfortunately .

Old 03-11-2018, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sue88
Thank you for your reply. I would like to add that the model of my car is DAA GP5. Will it fit ? Only one ignition coil has problem. Will i have to change all 4 and also the spark plugs?
I am in the USA and we don't have Fit / Jazz Hybrids here. So I was just curious and was searching the Honda UK parts online just to see what is available. Usually when one coil goes bad you just replace that. Probably a good idea to replace all the plugs too.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sue88
i'm looking to change the 4 ignition coils of the vehicle and the spark plugs. Actually i don't understand why you put 4 coil assy a and 4 coil asdy b. Could you please explain because i know nothing about mechanics Unfortunately .
Looks like the hybrid on that parts catalog has a total of 8 spark plugs and 8 coils. Front is assy A and rear is assy B.

On a side note...
I have a L15 equipped US spec 2010 Fit Sport with 110 K miles (177,000 KM) and it has been flawless. Besides the fluid changes, filters, battery and tire changes nothing has gone wrong with the car. Ever. Even the brakes with the exception of the brake fluid has never been changed.
Therefore my experience with diagnosing and repairing the Fit is very minimal.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Howdy
Looks like the hybrid on that parts catalog has a total of 8 spark plugs and 8 coils. Front is assy A and rear is assy B.

On a side note...
I have a L15 equipped US spec 2010 Fit Sport with 110 K miles (177,000 KM) and it has been flawless. Besides the fluid changes, filters, battery and tire changes nothing has gone wrong with the car. Ever. Even the brakes with the exception of the brake fluid has never been changed.
Therefore my experience with diagnosing and repairing the Fit is very minimal.
Got the ignition coil finally in Mauritius itself. Apparently will have to change another ignition coil as the car is not as reactive as before when pressing the accelerator. And then the sound of the engine motor is not like before. Seems a bit noisy to me while before,it was like almost silent.
In fact, the problem i got was so sudden, there was no indication that there was a problem with the car. Was driving the car when suddenly the engine light started to flash continuously and had to press hard on the accelerator for the car to continue moving, but it drove slowly. And i drove like 1-2 Km further after the engine light started to flash.
When i brought my car to a car mechanic after towing, he said the 4th ignition coil was bad and another one seemed not too good also. He finally changed only one ignition coil. Do you think that's why the car seems to not respond like before when pressing accelerator and the engine sound is not like before also?

Last edited by Sue88; 03-11-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
If one ignition coil went bad, it needs ALL of the ignition coils replaced.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
If one ignition coil went bad, it needs ALL of the ignition coils replaced.
I hope you realize that if he/she follows your recommendation he/she would be replacing 8 coils. There appears to be two different types. Type A and type B. It has 1 of each type per cylinder. Type As are available here but, Bs are only available from Honda for around $193 USD each. We can get type As from Rock Auto at around $32 USD each plus shipping, customs etc.

I have never seen this engine and only researched it on the internet. Looking at the parts diagram I cannot even figure out where the exhaust manifold / headers go.

Please free to correct me if my research is wrong.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
if my research is wrong.
No, you're probably correct.
We have the same lousy coil issues on many 8 plug Civic hybrids that the North American 4 plug Fit engines have....the original coils just go bad....and once one has failed to the point it causes a noticeable problem, the rest are sure to follow very soon.

OP originally wanted to change all 4, but apparently he didn't realize the engine has 8.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by ezone
No, you're probably correct.
We have the same lousy coil issues on many 8 plug Civic hybrids that the North American 4 plug Fit engines have....the original coils just go bad....and once one has failed to the point it causes a noticeable problem, the rest are sure to follow very soon.

OP originally wanted to change all 4, but apparently he didn't realize the engine has 8.
The car mechanic said there were 4. I have the 2013 Honda fit model DAA GP5 from Japan, engine type LEB-H1. But still will confirm if there are 8.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-12-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I was worried that I gave advise on something that I had never really seen.

I assume that their are displayable error codes on this engine that should say which cylinder and hopefully which plug(s) are having the problem. The OP has stated only 4 plugs but may not realize that there are 8, or maybe there are really only 4. I am not sure what we are dealing with here.

Talk about the blind leading the blind. That applies to me in this case.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by n9cv
I was worried that I gave advise on something that I had never really seen.

I assume that their are displayable error codes on this engine that should say which cylinder and hopefully which plug(s) are having the problem. The OP has stated only 4 plugs but may not realize that there are 8, or maybe there are really only 4. I am not sure what we are dealing with here.

Talk about the blind leading the blind. That applies to me in this case.
The mechanic confirmed that there are 4 ignition coils. But i'm having my doubts since some of you are saying 8.He changed one 3 days ago and on testing the car today, another one has been damaged. So will change all the ignition coils along with the 4 spark plugs. Is it possible that it's water which affect ignition coils? Since i bought the car i get 19-20 Km/L. Is it normal ?
my car is this one, 1.5L hybrid. It seems it has 4 ignition coils https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FEOYcZmII0o

Last edited by Sue88; 03-12-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sorry but since that Hybrid Fit was never marketed here, I am really at a loss as to what engine configuration it is using. I am really afraid that I might give you incorrect information. It appears that Hybrid was sold in Japan and some places in Europe. We have never seen it and every US source (Honda or aftermarket) that I have looked at says nothing about it. If it was the same engine that we have here, then it woudl be a 1.5L with 4 coils and plugs. I got the 8 plug idea from a British source online showing the hybrid right hand drive Fit.

It could be that I am wrong on the number of plugs.

I'll keep watching this thread but I'm not really knowledgeable enough on the hybrid Fit to be much help.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by n9cv
I'm sorry but since that Hybrid Fit was never marketed here, I am really at a loss as to what engine configuration it is using. I am really afraid that I might give you incorrect information. It appears that Hybrid was sold in Japan and some places in Europe. We have never seen it and every US source (Honda or aftermarket) that I have looked at says nothing about it. If it was the same engine that we have here, then it woudl be a 1.5L with 4 coils and plugs. I got the 8 plug idea from a British source online showing the hybrid right hand drive Fit.

It could be that I am wrong on the number of plugs.

I'll keep watching this thread but I'm not really knowledgeable enough on the hybrid Fit to be much help.
No problem. Thank you.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
I read more than one source that indicated the Fit/Jazz hybrid engine was the same as used in our Insight in the US...which had 8 plugs and coils,

Then I read where Wikipedia said "New model of Fit Hybrid was launched in Japan in 2013. It is equipped with Honda's next-generation sport hybrid i-DCD system that combines a 97 kW (130 hp), 156 N·m (115 lb·ft) 1.5-liter direct injection engine combined with a 22 kW (30 hp) 160 N·m (118 lb·ft) Honda H1 motor."
Does that mean this DI version was launched in 2013 as a 2014 model year car? IDK. It doesn't indicate how many spark plugs it has either.

I found another UK/Europe Honda parts catalog but it didn't cover 2013 model year cars....

Old 03-13-2018, 12:22 AM
Got the confirmation from Japan. My car has 4 ignition coils only.
I have changed 3 ignition coil as 2 of them had problems. I also changed the 4 spark plugs.
However, when i press on the accelerator,it is not sensitive like before. Before, a slight press on the accelerator (to start moving the car) would make the car accelerate quite a lot. After the car has started to move, the engine does a louder sound than usual just before the car changes from first gear to second gear automatically. Furthermore it seems to take a longer time for the car to enter second gear.
​​​​
Can someone tell me what's the problem please? Because the car mechanic thinks the car is good after he changed the 3 ignition coils and the 4 spark plugs.

Last edited by Sue88; 03-14-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
So I got a 10 Insight in the shop this morning....which has the engine I kinda assumed would be in OPs Fit Hybrid....

You can see one row of coils in front, one between each intake runner:

But there is another row of four ignition coils behind the intake, on the rear (or exhaust side) of the valve cover, rather well hidden if you don't know they are back there.....You can see the wiring connector and the side of the #1 rear coil in this pic:

Old 03-15-2018, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=ezone;1395746]So I got a 10 Insight in the shop this morning....which has the engine I kinda assumed would be in OPs Fit Hybrid....

I believe that the Insight uses the LDA series engine. It's not the same as the LEB-H1 that's available outside the US.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:30 PM
A company from japan dealing in car export and spare parts have said that the GP5 with LEB-H1 engine has only 4 ignition coils.