2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Spark Plug Gap?

  #1  
Old 12-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Mister Coffee's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 443
Spark Plug Gap?

EDIT: Never mind. I found it in the manual.






What is the gap supposed to be on each of these spark plugs?

1)
Honda Part No.: 12290-RB1-004
Spark Plug (Skj20Dr-M13) (Denso)

2)
Honda Part No.: 12290-RB1-003
Spark Plug (Izfr6K13) (Ngk)
 

Last edited by Mister Coffee; 12-30-2018 at 01:19 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: ny
Posts: 42
what did the manual say ?
i thought that iridium plugs come pre gap.

thanks
 
  #3  
Old 01-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by sarasube View Post
what did the manual say ?
i thought that iridium plugs come pre gap.

thanks
My IZFR6K13 came pre-gapped. I checked them and they were right:
1.3 mm or in the service manual range of 0.047 to 0.051 inches
 
  #4  
Old 01-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Mister Coffee's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 443
Originally Posted by SiXiam View Post
My IZFR6K13 came pre-gapped. I checked them and they were right:
1.3 mm or in the service manual range of 0.047 to 0.051 inches
Because my life is, for some reason, a living hell, I cannot find the download of the service manual on my laptop. However, you can get it here --> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...p-manuals.html.

On another note, you trust that plugs will be appropriately gapped out of the box? Isn't that like saying that you believe her when you're girlfriend says that she loves only you?
 
  #5  
Old 01-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
On another note, you trust that plugs will be appropriately gapped out of the box? Isn't that like saying that you believe her when you're girlfriend says that she loves only you?
As I said I checked them to be sure, but they were.
 
  #6  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 36
You'll want to check the gap but on Iridium plugs you should not re-gap them because it risks damaging the electrode. If the gap is wrong, take it back to the auto part store and exchange it.
 
  #7  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Mister Coffee's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 443
Originally Posted by FitG8Guy View Post
You'll want to check the gap but on Iridium plugs you should not re-gap them because it risks damaging the electrode. If the gap is wrong, take it back to the auto part store and exchange it.

I did not know that. Thank you.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
puma1824
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
7
09-28-2016 03:36 AM
uniguar
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
22
07-01-2014 06:42 PM
wzard999
Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
11
11-08-2013 10:59 AM
ThEvil0nE
2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum
0
05-12-2011 11:48 AM
sharkattack
Other Car Related Discussions
0
06-22-2005 01:43 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spark Plug Gap?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.