2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

percent of colors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
percent of colors?

so i know the first gen fits...the rarest color was the white on black as it only came out for one year.

anyone has info on the current fits and how the color gets distributed? what is the hardest color and/or combo to come by. combo as in (sport, stick, navi, or sport auto navi,orange, etc)

im guessing the hardest combo will be Fit sport 5spd m/t with navigation..in orange.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i think you meant white with beige interior. that's the one that was only available for the 07 model year. it was my preferred color combination =( if i remember right, there was another combination that was also discontinued after the 07 model year.

Last edited by doctordoom; 08-03-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
no i think (or at least im 99% sure) that its the white on black one that only came out for 1 year.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 AM
why not do a poll and see what people have?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitcious
no i think (or at least im 99% sure) that its the white on black one that only came out for 1 year.
lol then one of us is wrong

edit: wait i think they got rid of white and lunar mist. so that includes white with either interior? and they had blackberry pearl and tidewater blue as new 08 colors. damn can't remember. i give up.

Last edited by doctordoom; 08-03-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
woohoo i figured it out. i got so stuck on trying to figure this out lol.

07 had white and lunar mist as exterior color options. some of the exterior colors could be paired with beige interiors (can't remember which but it said in the brochure).

08 had new exterior colors tidewater blue and blackberry pearl. white, lunar mist, and beige interiors were discontinued.

so rarest would probably be one of those 4 colors. and white was discontinued after the first year, along with whatever interior it had. i guess neither of us has to be wrong lol.

Last edited by doctordoom; 08-03-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
so i know the first gen fits...the rarest color was the white on black as it only came out for one year.

anyone has info on the current fits and how the color gets distributed? what is the hardest color and/or combo to come by. combo as in (sport, stick, navi, or sport auto navi,orange, etc)

im guessing the hardest combo will be Fit sport 5spd m/t with navigation..in orange.
I did the Vehix search, any distance, Sport/Nav, here are their color breakdowns:
By Exterior Color Black (206)
Silver (133)
White (104)
Blue (90)
Red (56)
Orange (48)
Gray (4)
Purple (3)
Gold (1)

"Gold" turns out to be orange:
AutoWest Honda Roseville 2009_Honda_Fit

Further adjusting the search, gives these results for stick Sport Nav:
By Exterior Color Black (36)
Silver (16)
Blue (12)
Red (9)
White (6)
Orange (6)
Purple (1)

Remember also that it doesn't differentiate between BSP and TWB

My guess is that it might actually be Tidewater Blue that is rare in the Stick Sport Nav.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
My guess is that it might actually be Tidewater Blue that is rare in the Stick Sport Nav.
Heh. I don't have the Nav, but I do have a Sport MT in Tidewater Blue.

I'm actually seeing a fair number of Orange in different parts of the country. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any other Tidewater Blues anywhere.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctorz
Heh. I don't have the Nav, but I do have a Sport MT in Tidewater Blue.

I'm actually seeing a fair number of Orange in different parts of the country. Meanwhile, I haven't seen any other Tidewater Blues anywhere.
I did a post (somewhere!) where I had linked to several photos in the Tidewater Blue Metallic thread, showing how that color really changes a LOT depending on lighting.

Here's the thread Tidewater Blue thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ic-thread.html

That color can look like silver, or gray, or gray-blue, or light icy blue, or sky blue, or even take on a kind of purplish tint.

A quick trio of examples:

Silvery:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...thread-14.html

Medium-light blue:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post176171

Slightly purplish:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post178549

What happens when people go to the dealership, and have seen only ONE of the pictures, showing ONE of the many colors it can appear to be, and that day at the dealership, the color looks different? They don't buy the car.

Or if they haven't seen any pictures and they're looking for silvery and that day the car looks sky blue. Or they're looking for blue and that's the day the car looks silvery.

Look at it in a parking garage...NOW what color is it?
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post711009

If you can't find your Tidewater Blue car in a parking lot or parking garage, it's not because it's stolen, it's because it changed color.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 AM
My salesman said the M/T orange combo is hard to come by, but of course I take everything a salesman says with a grain of salt.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
My salesman said the M/T orange combo is hard to come by, but of course I take everything a salesman says with a grain of salt.
It will really depend a LOT on area. Just the white v. black choice in a HOT, SUNNY climate...many folks will choose white. Colder climate, coastal fog, then black would be nice, just for the heating up of the car a bit.

Lots to read on colors and color trends:

This article mentions orange, and also mentions metallics with undertones of blue (as well as other colors), and icy blue (yes, there IS an automotive section in between the fashion models)...

Color Trends

So why care about fashion? Or home design trends?

New colors come to interior decorations first before influencing color trends of vehicles. Car buyers need longer time to adapt new color trends before making these decisions on a vehicle. In recent years, black has been popular among fashion and interior decoration. At the same time all over the world, black automobiles sale better than their counterparts in other colors. In the meantime, white cars are now also getting gradually popular.
"Men tend to dominate the fashion mainstream in automotive consumption. If you take a look at this season's fashion color, you can predict the next will be different shades of red colors for car fashion. The colors rang from deep orange to a series of deep red. Brown will continue to maintain its popularity, while the more traditional navy blue is also in trend," says Himfr.com analyst.
https://www.examiner.com/p-362719~Himfr_com_Forecasts_Automobile_Colour_Trend s.html

And:
“We are not surprised to see a proliferation of white/white pearl in DuPont’s report this year,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute and author of Color: Messages and Meanings. “It follows the global trends in home furnishings, fashion, consumer products and industrial design where we’re seeing a return to white as a clarifying agent before change, a color of purity and minimalism,” Eiseman said. “White also is considered a fashion statement. The car you drive is a fashion statement, and consumer preferences for white agree. White pearl itself is a combination of many colors, allowing an ability to change, reflecting, in effect, layers of white.”
Automotive Color Trends - Feature Articles - Paint and Coatings Industry

Those are older articles, but you get the idea.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Those are older articles, but you get the idea.
Very nice articles. Thanks for the research. I love finding out the meanings behind it all...helps it all make sense.

PS: I had a White EP (see below) and will be looking for a White GE...does that mean I'm making a statement?!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
the reason tidewater is rare is because it's a girly color! hahhahaha. jk jk

Old 08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
the reason tidewater is rare is because it's a girly color! hahhahaha. jk jk
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

lol ok ok i admit when i see other tidewaters its always an old lady driving it... damn

Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dela
lol ok ok i admit when i see other tidewaters its always an old lady driving it... damn
I feel your pain...that's how it was when I had my EP. Used to piss me off