2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Honda Fit Gp1 Hybrid 2012 Knock (Please Help)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:58 PM
Unhappy Honda Fit Gp1 Hybrid 2012 Knock (Please Help)

in my auto gear honda fit gp1 hybrid car, (mileage 56 000 KM)

I had a engine tune up and changed my injectors (8 injectors) last month and after 2 weeks i started getting a slight knock (jerk or shaking). i remember i have had this once or twice in the last 6 month but it wasnt noticeable and looked like to be as a miss. anyway, now everyday morning when i start the car and drive for like half and hour or hour, it goes smooth and nice. and then in a while it gives the knock. (the time is not fixed, some days in 45 minutes, and some days in 30 minutes and sometimes in 20 minutes after first starting to drive it comes)

The knock is like, when i stop at a traffic light and accelerate it comes. it only comes after a break or a stop and accelerate so it comes in low speed. then when driving with the knock, it gets a bit worst and knock (jerk or shaking) goes up, when i drive a little more it becomes more worse. then when i stop for few hours and start back then knock (jerk or shaking) is less and smoothness is bad. so i figured out this is something to do with a heat. when one of vehcile's part becomes very hot it gives the knock.

so i went to a small mechanic and as advised changed my Gear box oil (ATF). it didnt fix the issue.

then i took it to Honda company by when i got a check engine light and they told to run without the EGR valve, then i did it that and noticed that knock (jerk or shaking) is 50% less but car is not at all smooth. (it takes too much power and was hard) i felt so when driving. then they told to clean it the EGR and drive as the Honda company diagnosed EGR valve is causing trouble. after cleaning it didnt work, so as they told i changed the EGR valve which costed around 500$.

And then my vehicle was super smooth and very very comfortable to drive. later after few hours of driving here comes the same knock (jerk or shaking). which confused me. apart from that the honda company told this is not a problem with gear box, (which means they told its not a judgger)

Then i took it back to my local bass as he suspected it can also sometimes cause with fault fuel pump. then i changed that too. still the issue is not fixed.

Now after having a small internet research i found this is a bit common issue, but only issue is finding the exact issue is difficult. Now i am confused what to do,

Company told they will need to remove the transmission and see in the worst case. some times if its a damaged flyweel it can happen. so before taking it to any place to repair i just want to get an experts advise here.

Should check in to these things to ?

Spark Plug Wires or Spark Plug
Starter clutch
ignition coil | coil packs
motor mount
flywheel
Catalytic Converter
I really really appreciate any feedback that will help me to sort out this issue.

UPDATE: The company also told me that not all issues will have an error code that can be read through obd 2, electrical issues will be displayed but not mechanical as they told. is that correct?

UPDATE 2

Yesterday i had a fuel pump change as well, but still the issue is there, please can somebody advise as what to do ? really appreciate. can this be a gear box issue with a burnt flywheel ?

Yesterday i had a test drive

When the car was started it went super smooth, after a while like 15 mins. the shaking came back when i stopped at a traffic and accelerated when green lit. (please note the shaking comes only when accelerating from a stop (when going from zero - 10/20 kmh). its not shaking when i am holding the break or its not shaking when the vehicle is idle.

then at almost every stop light, when i accelerated it came. and when i took of the leg from gas pedal and pressed again, it went but not smooth as early.

Then at 60 speed i noticed RPM at 3 and car was like going in gear 1 or 2.

Then at 80 speed also i noticed RPM at 3 and car was like going in gear 1 or 2.

after that vehicle was back to a drivable state but shake was there still after a stop or break when accelerating.

Can anybody provide some advice based on my latest information please?

Old 07-15-2015, 01:48 AM
Any one had this sort of problem?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:49 PM
I think GP1 has CVT not AT.did you put ATF into it or CVTF?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:49 PM
Hi,

I had the same issue in my Honda Fit Hybrid GP1 2012. I took the car to the agent himself and they fixed it by cleaning the EGR valve. This had occurred due to unburnt fuel particles which were blocking the valve from performing its job appropriately.

EGR valve basically controls flow of exhaust gas into the combustion chamber. That is either directing gas to the combustion chamber or blocking gas from entering the combustion chamber by opening and closing the valve respectively. When the fuel we pump are low in its cleanliness, then there could be certain particles that are not burnt or partially burnt which will ultimately get saturated and block the EGR valve either partially or fully. In which case, when attempting to accelerate, even though the engine expects EGR valve to pump more gas to the combustion chamber, it will not be able to send sufficient amounts as this valve is blocked by these carbon particles. Hence, there will be a jerk or a miss in the vehicle when attempting to accelerate.

As a precaution it is always advisable to pump 95 octane petrol or a type of petrol which is of better quality but this will not surely eliminate the risk of recurrence as we cannot provide an assurance for the actual quality of fuel available in the market.

In my case, I have been pumping only 95 octane petrol but I had to get my EGR valve cleaned too.

I am not sure whether we both are referring to the same issue, but mine also had similar symptoms as mentioned by mazraara.

As the fix the agent proposed me two options.
1. Get the EGR valve cleaned (this fixed my issue)
2. Get the EGR valve replaced

In my case, the option1 above worked.

Hope this detail will be of some use to you