"FlyAudio" DIY In-Dash Navigation Install for GE8 ***PICS***

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I just talked to Fly Audio they are discontinuing the honda fit head unit b/c of a high royalty fee that they have to pay honda.(reps words) So if anyone is selling their fit anytime soon or when it comes time too sell, I'll be looking for one of these units so PM with a price. I would buy the fully knockoff one thats on ebay right now but that unit just looks bad. The fly audio unit even for being a china headunit looks pretty damn good with a lot of features.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Too bad they are discontinuing it. I like this unit, but I see some sites which sell what appears to be the exact same unit. The Ebay one posted on the forum is okay, but the fit/finish doesn't look as nice. For example, the sd slot and usb plug on the front are just open with no covers. Also, the ebay unit does not have a rear USB connection so a cord can run to the glove box. The flyaudio says it can run several mapping programs... not sure about the ebay unit.

Anyeay, I wonder about this unit... appears to be exactly the same as the flyaudio.
HONDA FIT Car GPS Navigation System [FGHDFT001] - US$335.00 : Car GPS Video

Old 12-25-2010, 02:41 AM
hummm its looks just like it... i might have to look into it...

Old 12-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Exiled Lakai
hummm its looks just like it... i might have to look into it...
Yeah, please review if you get the knock-off unit. It looks like the same thing to me. I just don't know about the seller and I can't find any reviews for them.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 AM
the reason they gave for dropping the unit is bullcrap... i bet they realized that it's garbage and they're up to their neck on units that craps and they don't even know shit when it comes to support of this unit. i know the trade... and it sucks to rebrand when all you think is profit

Old 12-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
the reason they gave for dropping the unit is bullcrap... i bet they realized that it's garbage and they're up to their neck on units that craps and they don't even know shit when it comes to support of this unit. i know the trade... and it sucks to rebrand when all you think is profit

Evilone, can you recommend any gps-dvd-bluetooth units for someone on a limited budget? I know you get what you pay for.

But... my dilema is that I can't afford 1K+ for a "name" unit. I'm not even sure I want to make that investment in the car. So, it seems I have to choose between a cheap chinese unit or keep my stocker.

Suggestions?

Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
i guess it would be best to just save and pick up one without navi.

i got a new garmin gps, so now im looking at the lowest pioneer bt model i think its like $330 or something. so i just need a double din with dvd player, ipod, and rear view

Old 07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Oops. Posted on the wrong thread. Albeit, this has been an interesting one.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
I've been meaning to ask before I order one of these ...

How well is the unit holding up now that you've had it in your car a year? I'm curious if there are any "regrets" before I plop down the $699.00 to buy one. I just can't get over how nice it looks.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
I think this system looks really nice, has all the features I want, at an affordable price.

Is kman around still? It looks like all his posts on fit freak are about the flyaudio system... that makes me a little concerned.

I don't know what to do; I need something that looks stock (my 2011 has already been broken into, in my gated underground parking garage) but I really, really want integrated Bluetooth and backup camera… and affordability.

What did you do, larrymcewin?

~Syne

Old 01-01-2012, 03:58 AM
To the OP, how is the unit holding up? Is there still support for the unit? By far this is the most stock OEM looking unit out there, the other ones have these ugly SD slots wide out in the open...gaudy, yours looks the best aesthetically. Thanks
Ken

Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Howdy -

I decided to NOT swap out the stock radio. It's just too nice and the FlyAudio seems like too much of a mystery. If it was a great radio, you'd see lots of threads about it (similar to the Progress RSB). But I'm not seeing many.

I bought a Satechi Soundfly BT instead:

Plugs in the cigarette lighter and broadcasts my Bluetooth phone calls and BT streaming to an empty FM station.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I know you love your new toy, yes it look nice but come one... sound quality better? on par with Pioneer or Kenwood??? and only $499???

Sorry, but I call BS.

Very nice write up tho.
He said it sounded better than stock. But yes, I agree with you 100%.

I was a Flyaudio dealer for about 3-4 months. I also carried Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Clarion. I am sorry to say but I found the Flyaudio stuff to be 100% garbage. Yes, I know its cheap but its a little annoying to see people raving about it's high quality etc...etc...

Bottom line is, Flyaudio, Eonon, Boss, Pyle, Freeway and all the other Chinese decks are junktastic piles of poo. Start up is slow, mapping is poor, sound quality and pre-output voltage is sub-par, screen quality and graphic user interface is dated and 2nd rate. Ipod control is slow and sketchy, bluetooth is hollow sounding and junky. Should I really go on?

I have a 3 year old Pioneer AVIC-Z140 and it is absolutely incredible. Sound quality is unmatched and so is every other feature. Yes it was $1100 brand new when I bought it but worth every penny in my opinion. We dropped Flyaudio after we saw every one of them come back due to customer dissatisfaction and poor performance. You pay for quality!

Just my $.02