Kenwood frustrations

Old 09-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Kenwood frustrations

Has anyone had bad experience with Kenwood head units??

I got a KDC-BT858U a couple months ago and it has been on and off with minor issues.
First it started with some freezing once or twice a month. No way to reproduce the issue... and it would disappear once you shut the car off and got in again later... like nothing had happened.
Now I have had it completely die on me. Absolutely no response, as if it were completely unpowered. The only remedy was to pull it out, disconnect the harness and then plug it back in again. really annoying. It has done this 2 times now.
ASIDE from that, I recently put in the compact sub (KSC-SW11, Kenwood) which was working really well. Now, since this last black out of the HU I get no sound on the sub. I am guessing it is the HU not sending sound on the RCA but at this point I dont know anymore. The sub powers on since the remote lights up. I checked the menus to make sure the sub output is enabled.
Super annoying.
The HU is past the 60 days so Crutchfield Canada says I have to go through Kenwood. So I have to make a trip into Mississauga to drop it off...

AND, to top it off, some jerk backed into my car at a parking lot, got out of his car, saw he had no damage and then took off.... said "its a parking lot so tough luck"... So all in all not a great week... damaged radio, possibly damaged sub, and a nice dent over the rear wheel well!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening!

Does anyone know how long Kenwood takes to repair their products?