2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

My Little Intro...09' Fit Sport Mugen

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM
That picture is a little washed out. The tails are far darker in real life than in the picture. The brake lights are the LED panel, as the OEM JDM ones are - but the turn and reverse lamps are still bulbs.

Drove the car to work today and the rubbing is a bit unbearable. Cut away the rubbing section of fender liner and its much better, but the car is simply too low right now for the wheels and tires. Looking into swapped wheels with someone locally, but if it doesn't work out my stock springs are going in end of the week and the T1R's will be for sale.

Such is life.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Good news, looks like end of the weekend a local friend of mine will be trading 15x6.5 Rota slipstreams in black with brand new tires for my Enkeis. The springs stay in! It really is too bad, because sitting still the stance is unbelievable, but I commute 80 miles a day and I can't be rubbing fender at every major bump on my way to work. 205/40/17s might be a better solution, but free wheel swap versus ~$400 worth of tires is the right idea.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Swapped wheels today and sure enough they are Flik/Rotas and the tires are basically brand new Dunlops. Cleaned them today, waiting on new lug nuts before i put them on tomorrow. All black everything!

Old 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Sneak peek....hopefully a formal photoshoot later this week, but I put the wheels on today and couldn't resist.

Definitely need to look into base headlights or blacked out after markets. Going to be removing the fender badges and getting black Mugen lugs to replaced by old spline drive gorilla ones.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Small update, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a wheel whore - but I am "wheel curious". As such I bought my Buddy Club P1's back from a friend and sold my Rotas. Wheels look 200% better on a lowered car than they ever did on my car with a stock ride height.

Pics fourthcomming. Otherwise, just performed my 3rd oil change at 23k miles and changed the pollen filter. Really would like to pick up a RSB before the winter time, but we'll see.

Debadged the Fit emblem and both front Mugen emblems, and I'm planning to paint the rear exhaust outlets matte black. Also going to paint the grille center section (that would be black anyway) matte black as well.

Here are some pics from a recent cruise my forum took to Mt. Greylock in western MA.

Enjoy!

Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Update pictures with new wheels.

As the winter nears here in the Northeast, I removed my Mugen front lip and rear valence as to spare them the abuse of salt and sand. Even moreso with the lowered ride height. And this has me at a big conundrum.

I like, I mean REALLY like the way the car looks with just the Mugen sideskirts and stock Fit Sport f/r bumpers. I don't know if its because I'm so used to seeing the huge rear bumper and gigantic nose - but I'm liking it.

I'll probably hold onto the front and rear lips until the spring and make a decision then - but the way this car is going I may end up selling them.

Opinions?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Your Mugen Fit looks awesome....I especially like the lack of tint.

How careful do you have to be with being lowered and having that front lip? It looks outstanding, but I would imagine it would be something you always gotta think about.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the edges are the worst, as they stick out and down a lot. Pulling into driveways and off of elevated curbs is a bit tricky. Part of the reason why I'm considering losing them.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks good

Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
If you want, I'll trade ya headlights. I've got base headlights.

If we could ever meet up -- seems like we miss each other every time.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:59 PM
If we ever cross paths again (most likely at Claytons) I will definately take you up on such an offer.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Bump. I've been in and out of here quite a bit. Haven't updated my build thread lately.

A lot of other things in life had me preoccupied. Got promoted at work, and I'm looking to move from my current place by the end of the summer.

As the car sits now, the Mugen front lip and rear lip will be sold eventually. I really like how it looks with just the sideskirts and given I drive the car 100 miles a day I wasn't doing any justice to the lips. And to be honest they didn't fit the look of the car I was after.

Buddy Clubs are still on. They will need new tires after this summer. I recently purchased a T1R B-pipe and Megan OE RS axle back. I originally was going to buy an Apex Megaphone evolution but scored a good deal on the midpipe. I liked the OE look of the Megan axleback and the deep mellow sound. Anything under 3/4 throttle the car is barely louder than stock.

Sold my well-worn unweighted Mugen shift knob for a huge profit at a local meet and picked up a black P2R weighted knob from a parts vendor I know.

Progress RSB is on order and my car is due for some new front brakes, trans fluid change and some new plugs. I have a little over 41k on the car and no major issues at this point. I'm kind of at a crossroads with this car. I know the suspension needs to be upgraded, but I don't want coilovers with a DD on shitty NE roads. I'd love to upgrade the seats to some sport buckets - but again this is a daily driver.

Ideas? Input? Suggestions?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:22 AM
It really looks so much cleaner with out the Mugen kit, and I love the Mugen grille.

My car will look very similar soon, except all white. My wheels should be in next week. What offset did you go with? I ordered the 16x7 +42. I'm on swift springs so hopefully I won't rub.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Wheels are 15x7 with +38 offset and 205/50's. You should be fine with a 42-45 offset so long as you go with 45 sidewall tires.