2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

New rims on the "Cheese Wedge", absolutely nailed it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Cool New rims on the "Cheese Wedge", absolutely nailed it!

The Drag DR20 is what I wanted last year but got cold feet because I thought it was too "funky", but with age comes wisdom and I spent alot of time looking at the reflection of my car in dark colored cars or the glass of buildings yesterday, I couldn't stop looking at it!

Front view
Name:  img1309028857113.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  104.4 KB

Rear view
Name:  img1309028856883.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  103.2 KB

Overall look!!!
Name:  img1309028856731.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  130.9 KB

Cool in the shade!
Name:  img1309028857309.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  105.1 KB

"The Griots Garage Effect"
Name:  img1309028856284.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  145.5 KB

3/4 view looking good
Name:  img1309028856565.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  124.4 KB

Once the roof gets wrapped the look will be complete....well, once I get the Mugen grill it will be complete....WELLLLLL, once matching front struts and rear shocks are available for lowering springs, THEN it will be complete. I rode in a lowered Fit with Swifts and although the look is amazing I felt some bounce and don't know how that's going to translate into handling on a road like the Dragon or Cherahola Skyway though, not to mention driving everyday.

What do you guys think?

Old 06-26-2011, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
If the car with Swifts had previously been fitted with lowering springs with less travel than to Swifts or stock springs I could understand it bouncing but I never feel any bouncing on mine unless I have the tire or rear shock air pressure set way high.... I like the wheels, everything you are doing is uniquely tasteful.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
The ryde is look'n very nice nowadays...Have you considered coil-overs?

Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vinnymac
The ryde is look'n very nice nowadays...Have you considered coil-overs?
I've got various opinions on CO's, varying from too harsh for a DD here in the mid-west to its the only way to go. I like how the car rides and drives right now and can tolerate a little stiffer ride for sure, I'm not that much of a stiff but as I said before, I drove a Fit with the Swift sport springs and I thought it was a little bouncy but riding shotgun in it yesterday my g/f and I didn't notice a bounce. I think I need much longer test drive but handling is just as important as looks as far as replacing the springs, its gotta nail both and I just don't know if the stock struts/shocks are stiff enough for even the Swifts. I don't have the money to do the right CO's if I were to decide to go that route, not even enough to do good struts/shocks IF they were even available and since they're not, I can afford to wait it out.

Here's another pic from a meet I went to today
Name:  img1309122929133.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  149.2 KB

Old 06-26-2011, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good your Fit Klasse.Keep the good work....

Old 06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Looks good man! It goes well with the orange.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Talking

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the compliments, I'm still on cloud nine

Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Oh and if you havent...sit in a car with the Eibach Pro-Kits and see if you like it or not. That's what I have and I like it. I was dropped on them when I lived in Chicago too. Love em!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
lose the hood stripe and dump it!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Wheels look good. I cant remember how many times I told my self after this last part I will be done, lol.

Last edited by MNfit; 06-27-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
"nailed it". reddit?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Overall look!!!

"The Griots Garage Effect"

What do you guys think?
Nice!

Question and request...

... Was there a noticeable dimming of the headlights after the tint was applied? Which, btw, looks great... headlights and tails!

Also, could you post pics of the tails at night with standard, brake and backup lamps lit? I want to see how the tint on the tails looks @ night.

I'm thinking of doing tints on mine also. Definitely on the tails... possibly on the heads.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Lookin' good!!!

What do you guys think?
Now you can frame it and hang it on the wall on top of the fireplace!

Pix look sharp! Keep lookin' at those building glass while driving and you might run into someone texting while driving. Good job!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by annunC8
Nice!

Question and request...

... Was there a noticeable dimming of the headlights after the tint was applied? Which, btw, looks great... headlights and tails!

Also, could you post pics of the tails at night with standard, brake and backup lamps lit? I want to see how the tint on the tails looks @ night.

I'm thinking of doing tints on mine also. Definitely on the tails... possibly on the heads.

Thanks!
First off the headlights dimmed a bit but because I have the DDM 6k HIDS it wasn't too bad actually and since tinting the headlights, I haven't had one person flash their lights at me, not that they were that bright anyways but you know how some people are about that (usually older people) The tint is NOT Lamin-X either, its just for cosmetics but on a trip back home this past weekend the local perf shop charges $175 for installation of smoke colored Lamin-X on my headlights and its a little less dark, thinking about it for a couple reasons, number one because it offers protection (20 mills thick) and number 2 is a little less dark, thus letting out a bit more light but if I don't pull the trigger on that one, no biggie because I have NO problems seeing at night, so I say go for it. The shop who did my head/tails only has the dark and this light tint that barely does anything and I'm very happy with the results so far.

Now, as far as a night shot, well, my cellphone probably doesn't take that great of pics for that but I can honestly tell you this, NO PROBLEM AT NIGHT TIME AT ALL! I drove behind my car and its perfectly fine

I also have my fogs done as well and for that I've got Nokya 3500k halogen fogbulbs and they too look good, can see the yellow just fine.

Once again, thanks for all the compliments everyone, its greatly appreciated and I couldn't be happier with the car.........................

................well, if it were a stick I would be

Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM
New rims look good! As far as the springs go, I say go with the Swifts. I think they look awesome on the GE's, but not on the GD's (look too high). As far as the bounciness, etc - I think the handling improvement will far outweigh the bounciness. I have the Tein S-Techs on my GD and they are one of the firmest/bounciest springs, but on twisty roads, they really shine. You were worried about the Dragon, but I didn't notice any bounce out there. Nothing seemed to unsettle the car. I daily drive the Fit, and while its not the smoothest with the springs, I wouldn't go back to stock. I think you will enjoy your car much more on springs.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
those are the wheels i have been looking at!
they look good what are they? 16 or 15's?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Thumbs up

The rims are 16's and look smaller because the GE is bigger than the GD and the fact that the wheels have a lip and your eye focus' on the center of the wheel.

As far as the springs go, well, another test drive in that Fit I test drove with the Swifts is in order again I think, gotta drive it further and on different roads, including the freeway

I ordered some Griots wheel cleaner for the new wheels, nothing but the best being used on them

Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Arrow Since I'm not wrapping the roof afterall.....

.....I decided to "un-wrap" the hood!
Name:  img1312496018238.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  102.2 KB

I do plan on wrapping the entire hood next spring and not the roof, that price tag is just too high and I really can't justify it right now. I want the Mugen grill and that thing is like $125 cheaper than doing the hood and will have just as much impact on the looks of the car, so that's a good thing

I got my Griots wheel after I had it wrapped and damn is the center of the hood all swirled up, how did I ever accept my car to look like that Waxing just covers it up, the wheel is THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
looks much better with the hood de-stripped, imo. with the stripe there my visual read was: hood stripe, red emblem, tinted headlights, fender gap, wheels because it had a downward arrow look to it.

great wheel choice! i wanted the same set for my gd3 back in the day but in gold

Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Does look much better not wrapped. Just my opion.

Last edited by Bthasht; 08-05-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: New rims on the "Cheese Wedge", absolutely nailed it!