2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Swift Springs installed!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Swift Springs installed!

Before:

After (sorry it was getting dark):

I need ideas on what to do next. Here's my to-do list:

-Takeda CAI
-Tanabe Touring Medalion exhaust
-6,000k HID kit
-Complete stereo upgrade

Current mods (they're low key of course : )
-Swift Sport Mach springs
-LED JDM style tail lights
-JDM "H" badges
-Mugen rear view mirror cover
-Dolphin Fin antenna
-Honda S2000 exhaust tip
-35% tint all the way around
-Chrome bulbs in headlight

Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good! I noticed that you also have a shark fin antennae on your Fit as well, I dig that.

Just my 2 cents though on the HIDs, I'd steer clear from them for safety reasons. Our halogen housings cannot properly reflect the light cast from a HID kit, thus causing excessive glare (which can blind people in front of you in certain situations). This is why cars with factory HID systems (like Xenon's in BMWs) have glass projectors in their headlight housing to evenly contain and project the light in front of you.

You can find a set of non-HID bulbs that can both improve your vision at night and give you the 6000k look like the HID without the excessive glare that a plug and play HID kit produces. Again, this is just my 2 cents. You don't have to value it or take it into consideration if you don't want to, just wanted to give you a heads up about that though.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
looks good!
it will look even better once the springs settle down that extra little bit too

Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Cool

First off, a couple questions about the springs:

-Does the car bounce right away when driving it?

-How's the ride, for real?

-How about the freeway?

-Overall?

I ask because I test drove a Fit, ironically just like yours and although it was a short drive I noticed bounce right away. Also, let me/us know what the total drop was too, the one I drove settled quite a bit and with +40mm wheels and 205-50's I gotta be careful, you know.

Now, I see you've got the chrome bulbs also, just turn signals or both the turn signals and parking lights? How about the tails?

On a suggestion note, I'd maybe get some bronze weapons on there, I've always liked that style and don't know how you like white on black but that too would look nice too I have a DDM 6k HID and have had NO problems with other people on the road, yeah, I got flashed twice in a year and now with my tints on the headlights, none at all and at night I've still got good lighting too....go for it, its the best $63 dollars you can spend and I've had NO problems in well over a year of having them too, even my Nokya yellow fogbulbs have held up and they come on everytime the lights do.

Drop me a PM if need be, I appreciate the real world update on the springs, thanks!

Last edited by Klasse Act; 08-05-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Looks good! I noticed that you also have a shark fin antennae on your Fit as well, I dig that.

Just my 2 cents though on the HIDs, I'd steer clear from them for safety reasons. Our halogen housings cannot properly reflect the light cast from a HID kit, thus causing excessive glare (which can blind people in front of you in certain situations). This is why cars with factory HID systems (like Xenon's in BMWs) have glass projectors in their headlight housing to evenly contain and project the light in front of you.

You can find a set of non-HID bulbs that can both improve your vision at night and give you the 6000k look like the HID without the excessive glare that a plug and play HID kit produces. Again, this is just my 2 cents. You don't have to value it or take it into consideration if you don't want to, just wanted to give you a heads up about that though.

I agree with the NO HIDS.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
First off, a couple questions about the springs:

-Does the car bounce right away when driving it?

-How's the ride, for real?

-How about the freeway?

-Overall?
KA,

The Swift Sport springs don't "bounce" when you drive. They tighten the response to the road undulations, which feels like "bounce" compared to the feel of the stock springs. After a week of driving, you quickly realize that it's the road you're now feeling, but the ride is still comfortable. That's one of the reasons so many Fit owners have been going with the Swift springs. They are perfect for tightening up a DD without being harsh. It's more like a "German car" feel. They don't lower as much as some other MFG lowering springs, but it doesn't affect performance. What I mean is, there are lowering springs that can improve handling, and then there are performance handling springs that offer lowering - which I believe is where the Swift's fit in. One clue is that you won't find many Fit owners selling their Swift's and replacing them with something else. They work. They're drivable. You can live with them AND modify your car without as many rubbing/clearance issues as springs with more drop. My driving is about 95% interstate, and I wouldn't go back to the stock springs if you paid me.

Old 08-06-2011, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
The ride is much firmer. Nice and choppy on rough roads that at times makes you wonder why did I do that. Makes you also wonder why you do not have a ton of rattles. I think Honda uses them to test their build quality.

Nice though on highways.

and most important it looks good.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree with that, I haven't seen any fit owners giving up their swift springs.

I am contemplating between them and coilovers.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but this will benefit others reading it I'm sure. I'm sold on the springs for sure, but how about my +40mm offset wheels and 7" wide wheels w/205/50's

Old 08-07-2011, 09:41 AM
^ should be no problem with these springs and offset.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
I'm sold on the springs for sure, but how about my +40mm offset wheels and 7" wide wheels w/205/50's
I have a thread specifically for Swift spring owners (others as well) that answers the tire/wheel/offset rubbing questions...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ire-specs.html

Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I see that you have maryland plates, sorry to ask but I also ha e swift springs but I have no idea where to get them installed where did you or did you diy?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pandayun
I see that you have maryland plates, sorry to ask but I also ha e swift springs but I have no idea where to get them installed where did you or did you diy?
I've had all of my work done at JE Import Performance in the Baltimore area. They've been patient w/ my questions, checked anything if I brought it back, and seem to do good quality work. The install was pretty pricey when I went but I think they're trying to work on that. Tell them Shane sent you and describe my car if you go.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but this will benefit others reading it I'm sure. I'm sold on the springs for sure, but how about my +40mm offset wheels and 7" wide wheels w/205/50's
I haven't had many/if any issues w/ rubbing on a +40 offset w/ a 195 tire. It kisses the plastic on really hard corners and huge bumps. However, I drive like a grandma so it's no matter to me. I was planning on rolling the fenders but the performance shop I use said it wouldn't even be needed unless it bothered me in those rare instances. However, a 205 tire would probably be pusihing it.

New shoes (Konig Feather 17x7 +40) (Yokohama S-Drive 195/45/17):

Front:

Back:

Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pandayun
Any garage can install them. I took off the cowling and wipers myself. Then I had my local Dodge dealer do the springs. Charged me an hour's labour.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Any garage can install them. I took off the cowling and wipers myself. Then I had my local Dodge dealer do the springs. Charged me an hour's labour.
Yeah I read that on your post before I went to JE. Trouble I had in my area is that no one wanted to touch aftermarket springs from dealers to basic repair shops.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:19 PM
How much are swift springs?

Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
Idk around $200. Check Evasive.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Yeah I read that on your post before I went to JE. Trouble I had in my area is that no one wanted to touch aftermarket springs from dealers to basic repair shops.
That is terrible. I took along the DIY just in case. Made sure they did not drop the front axles.

bill