2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Quick shots of 2012 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Quick shots of 2012 Fit Sport

I took some quick shots of a new TW 2012 Fit Sport Auto. I took shots of only the significant differences. I didn't take a shot of the new seats. IMO I think the 09-11 seats are better, and I i'll explain why imo.

The new front is fresh for 2012. I'm netural about the new look. I neither like it nor hate it. The black housing is nice now, but like some have said - kinda late to the game. But if you're looking to replace yours for w/e reason, you have the option to go with these or the chrome ones. I personally like the chrome ones, looks more fluid.

A 2012 conversion will be simple, just get the new grille and bumper and voila, and the black headlight housings.

New wheels, not really liking it, but w/e lol.

What caught my attention in the new 2012 is the ambient light under the audio and hvac that lights up the cup holder area. I'm sure others on here would want this mod. The light bulb is halogen, so I'm sure it can be replaced by led, gotta look up the part number.

The audio and hvac facia and controls are now a very dark gray color. imo washes out the interior a bit. Nothing seems to stand out. Sorry for poor lighting. There are chrome bezels around the tach and fuel meter area, and the outboard vents. Steering wheel audio controls are now standard on Sport models.

The new seat fabric/design, imo is ok. It's now mesh looking but the fabric and quality is no where like the CR-Z, nor is as nice as the Civic Si's suede fabric. And looking at the rear seats with the new seat fabric design and pattern, it's like looking at a lot of holes in the seats. The one thing that I may be afraid of is long term wear and tear; will it rip in the long run? I didn't take a pic of the seats cuz they're still wrapped in plastic.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Tky
5 Year Member
Very nice write-up, thank you!
Lets swap headlights! lol

Old 08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Nice reporting. Overall, I give the appearance changes a thumbs down . I especially dislike the chrome in the interior. The wheels are ok, I just don't like how it's asymmetrical looking. The black headlight housings look good, but I feel as though your pictures didn't do it justice in that light (no offense). I do like the steering wheel controls and bluetooth, though.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
BT is not available in normal Sport model. It is only standard w/ Nav. I agree the lighting was horrible, and the headlights don't do justice.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I've gotta have those headlights, period and I hope someone wants to trade me, I'll drive a couple hours from Chicago to do the swap too....seriously I'm going to get that ambient lighting too and get some blue LED's to set it off nicely!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Makes me want to bake apart my headlight just paint the crome parts

Old 08-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Since I've only had my '11 for a couple of months, I wondered if I would have preferred the '12.

Not a fan of the black headlight housing, at least with my color (AS). I also don't like the chrome rings in the interior. I would not have gotten nav, so still no BT. I also have aftermarket wheels and just got my clazzio seat covers. So, wheels and seat materials not relevant to me.

The extra sound deadening and ambient light are okay, but the only thing I really would like are the steering wheel stereo controls. So, for me, no regrets at all.

Thanks for the pics and write-up.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
^ Yes, I am with you on that one. I'm cool with my '11 and what I've done to it. Sound deadening, sure it's great if you want a quieter ride. But with the stuff I did to my car, I'd want to hear it!

I have an aftermarket sound system so I wouldn't think the steering wheel audio controls would work, unless i get some kind of adapter. But then, it's not a big deal. All the controls are within easy reach.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
I don't see the front as an improvement. Prefer mine with deflector and yellow fogs film. The wheels are just plain ugly. I am not a fan of wheel mounted audio. Old I guess.

Name:  006-4-1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Nice pictures and report.Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Lol...this car did not last for more than 24hrs on the lot. It's already sold. It's HOT! Got a CBP that came in today though

Old 08-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I've gotta have those headlights, period and I hope someone wants to trade me, I'll drive a couple hours from Chicago to do the swap too....seriously I'm going to get that ambient lighting too and get some blue LED's to set it off nicely!
i got a pair of base (dark grey) headlights from amazon for under $230. they're made by TYC and are pretty much within 95% of OEM quality.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM
2012 fit

I really wish bigger front brakes were part of the upgrades/changes,we could,,maybe retrofit,,rear discs, nah... too much to ask.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
So my thoughts...

• Blacked out headlight housings - personal preference, this is very ugly/ricey to me. The old ones are a lot cleaner.
  • New seats - all that I've heard leads me to believe its not as nice as the 09-11. I like the old suede-like materials but it is a lint magnet.
  • Wheels - different, not bad, should be easier to clean those spokes, but do prefer the 09-11 Sport wheels.
  • Chrome bezels - WTF were they thinking? The Fit is not like a PT Cruiser, its totally un-Fit-like to have chrome bling.
  • Bumper/foglight changes - No biggie either way, doesn't look that different.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by neteng101
So my thoughts...

• Blacked out headlight housings - personal preference, this is very ugly/ricey to me. The old ones are a lot cleaner.
  • New seats - all that I've heard leads me to believe its not as nice as the 09-11. I like the old suede-like materials but it is a lint magnet.
  • Wheels - different, not bad, should be easier to clean those spokes, but do prefer the 09-11 Sport wheels.
  • Chrome bezels - WTF were they thinking? The Fit is not like a PT Cruiser, its totally un-Fit-like to have chrome bling.
  • Bumper/foglight changes - No biggie either way, doesn't look that different.
well said. I think quite a few here share your sentiments

Old 08-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Like everything except the chrome bezels. Looking like a ford

Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone seen a Blue Raspberry Fit? From the small color swatch on honda's website, it reminds me of the teal color available on some 80's honda's.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Not a big fan of the new front bumper and grill.... 09-11 looks better to me.... the lights....

But I do like the addition of hte new Cupholder LED and the new black glove box and radio mount....

Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Don't like the new bumper. I don't find the wheels that bad, I kind of like them really.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I personally think they should have reintroduced the color matching headlights. But that's just my thought.

Quick Reply: Quick shots of 2012 Fit Sport