2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

My progress. Slowly but surely (College Student Budget)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
My progress. Slowly but surely (College Student Budget)

I never made a progress thread, I want to record it on this forum for reference and just to share. Recently got really motivated to start doing something with my car. I am a broke ass college student, any other broke college students on here? ahahaha. So progress is going to be slow, working part-time in a coffee shop.

No big mods yet, plan to pick up some weapons or volks, maybe oz's. 17x9, or something. Spacers and roll my fenders maybe. Teehee. More to come!

So far
- Muffler delete straight pipe $40 at local muffler shop (lolol) sounds okay, not ricey which is what matters and not too loud.
- Swift springs
- 15% tint back, limo on the front two small window things, 35% on driver, 30% on passenger (got broken into so made it match the rear), 30% rears
- blacked out front honda, front middle of front bumper
- rear diffuser blacked out
- krylon red paint on taillights!
- canibeat license plate cover that I got from my actually slammed friend. LOL.
- more to come!

Last edited by pandayun; 03-17-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: mods.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM
your tail lights look cool!! What did you do to them? film overlay? Paint? depo tailights? BTW Fit looks great!!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good, been wanting to black out that lower part of the rear bumper since I got mine.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NewFitGuy09
your tail lights look cool!! What did you do to them? film overlay? Paint? depo tailights? BTW Fit looks great!!
It's krylon stained glass paint, three layers ^^ it's been on there for a good year and half now. Hahaha. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Looks good, been wanting to black out that lower part of the rear bumper since I got mine.
Definitely do it, very easy, and it's the small things that make a huge difference if that makes any sense.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 AM
This is coming from a former broke college student who is now 6 years graduated in the working world and has needlessly wasted thousands of dollars modifying cars...

Seriously, don't waste money modifying you car. Use that money to keep yourself out of debt, get yourself an internship or put it towards something usefull. It's a fine car in stock form and I highly adivse that you don't needlessly dump your income into a perfectly reliable car.

You're going to need money for moving, getting started, interviews, and lots of other things that are WAAAAAAAY more important than some stupid wheels which are only going to make your car slower and hurt your gas mileage.

I've been there, I know you've got a bunch of "that would be cool if.." ideas in your head now. Trust me, it's not that cool, save your money. Focus on getting an internship and building your resume. Modifying you car will benefity you exactly ZERO in the future. Once you have an established job, and disposable income, THEN modify at will. At this point, it's just a waste of resources.

Anyways, not trying to lecture you, just speaking from experience.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Potenza
This is coming from a former broke college student who is now 6 years graduated in the working world and has needlessly wasted thousands of dollars modifying cars...

Seriously, don't waste money modifying you car. Use that money to keep yourself out of debt, get yourself an internship or put it towards something usefull. It's a fine car in stock form and I highly adivse that you don't needlessly dump your income into a perfectly reliable car.

You're going to need money for moving, getting started, interviews, and lots of other things that are WAAAAAAAY more important than some stupid wheels which are only going to make your car slower and hurt your gas mileage.

I've been there, I know you've got a bunch of "that would be cool if.." ideas in your head now. Trust me, it's not that cool, save your money. Focus on getting an internship and building your resume. Modifying you car will benefity you exactly ZERO in the future. Once you have an established job, and disposable income, THEN modify at will. At this point, it's just a waste of resources.

Anyways, not trying to lecture you, just speaking from experience.
Haha, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am a sophomore. Parents covering college completely, I'm debt free anyways... yeah. I'll keep your words close when I am choosing wheels LOL.

Just kidding, on a real talk yeah it's not wise to be spending a lot of money but it's not like I have a ton of bills to pay. I should be saving to moving out, interviews, internships, but those are not as expensive as you think. I understand where you are coming from but yes college is expensive, yes it's hard to get a job, and nobody said I wasn't going to get an internship/build my resume but in the end this investment will not affect me as much you think. I can't believe you could afford to spend thousands of dollars during your college years! you must of had one sweet ass part-time job while you were in college, just kidding. I don't think Spending $600-700 on wheels is going to ruin my entire future LOL. Hahaha. All in fun and jokes. I don't know what I am saying, it's mad late.

Last edited by pandayun; 03-17-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Glad you got the Swifts in, they look nice. I worked full time during college and had a beater Accord. Once I graduated and got a nice job w/ insurance my Accord broke down within the year. I'm celebrating my financial freedom now by working on the car now. If you're hell bent on wheels and such check out Fittedonem's original build thread...alot like yours and he ran a nice set of Rota's w/ stock tires which looked nice. (Purists don't kill me for saying the R word! )

Old 03-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by pandayun
Haha, thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am a sophomore. Parents covering college completely, I'm debt free anyways... yeah. I'll keep your words close when I am choosing wheels LOL.
Well if your parents are floating the bill and you have no student loans, I'm not sure you're qualified as a "broke ass college student" hehe.

Guess I still have to get used to the mod-happy Honda world, as opposed to the purist BMW community that I came from. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so negative.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
car is looking good so far. keep it up!

Old 04-08-2012, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member

preview of my new wheels! yay! lol.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Those look great!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Nice choice. Are those te37 reps?

Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Being a broke ass college student isn't an excuse to buy reps

<- Broke college student, paying for car/mods/college

Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b

Yeah I know, but I can't afford te37s
I know I ain't bringing it hard by buying fake wheels from a crap ricey company. I plan to paint it black lol. Don't hate me too much

Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b

lol always hating on the reps

Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't worry about it. If you're willing to live w/ the quality/lack of quality, it doesn't really matter...just don't post a thread titled "Help my Rota's exploded!"

Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Arn't Konigs reps too?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
I think he means that mike410a is always hating on reps...
are reps that ricey? with all the hate im thinking of reselling them then.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM
No. Lots of people ride on reps. The sale of replica wheels always out sells the pricey originals. If you can find a set of works or volks for a reasonable price go for em. Nothing wrong with Rota. The only ones that iv seen fail are the ones that hit something hard on thin tires and im pretty sure any wheel will fail if you do that.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pandayun
I think he means that mike410a is always hating on reps...
are reps that ricey? with all the hate im thinking of reselling them then.
^^This but I'm just kidding mostly..and as far as it being "ricey" goes, it depends on how you look at it. My wheels are fake but also were very popular amongst the spec miata crowd before the wheel size changed to 15x7' as opposed to 15x6.5. They also cost about 100 dollars a pop...very cheap to replace. One thing to remember is that wheels are wear items also...and any wheel can break under the right circumstances.

Quick Reply: My progress. Slowly but surely (College Student Budget)