2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Crap....I'm back

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
800 something, but I only bought the display dash. The data logger is much more expensive.

Just trying to be as cool as you bud. Going to PG this year? Should go to the ITR expo with me
man my shit doesn't even run again it seems to get fuel and has spark, so I have been trying to figure out a way to test the crank sensor.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Just went back to the very beginning of the thread and see details. So did the CR-Z mounts need to be altered in any way or the mounting points by chance?

Old 04-09-2014, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Just went back to the very beginning of the thread and see details. So did the CR-Z mounts need to be altered in any way or the mounting points by chance?
Nope! As far as mounting points go, the crz and ge8 are the exact same. The sub frames even share the same part number.

I did have to make 2 of the holes on the passenger side mounts slightly bigger to fit my mounting bolts through, but over all it was pretty much plug and play so to speak.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
I really love that you are getting this done Cocowheat! I feel like I am at a bit of a disadvantage with my car for not having done the swap my self. When I do run into issues its a real struggle for me, but I am trying to learn. Hopefully this summer we will be at the same place at the same time with our cars. I look forward to seeing it in person.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
That's good news Cocowheat. I'm still a little concerned about the much tighter bay of the JDM model, but looking at how the engine sits, it might not be that big of a deal. Also I need to verify the part numbers of the US and J models of the stock mounts to see if there are differences between the L and RHD models.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:20 AM
That's good news Cocowheat. I'm still a little concerned about the much tighter bay of the JDM model, but looking at how the engine sits, it might not be that big of a deal. Also I need to verify the part numbers of the US and J models of the stock mounts to see if there are differences between the L and RHD models.
The funny thing was, as soon as the motor was in I said "Holy crap! I'm pretty sure I can still do the JDM front conversion!"

I might just keep my front end now though, seeing as how it's actually rarer to see a K20 USDM GE8 then it is to see one with a JDM front.

If you need USDM part numbers though let me know and I'll pull them or you.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:33 AM
Was going to work on the car more today, but I ended up waking up really late. By the time I got to my buddies house I only had an hour and a half, so all we did was dropped the passenger side mount so we had enough clearence to change out the spark plug to NGK laser iridiums.

Also installed my new OE aluminum oil pan along with the Clockwise motion road racing oil pan baffle. No oil starvation for this guy during the corners!

Also, that bung that's wielded and capped, I wonder what it's for? Maybe for something bigger down the road? Maybe DSM would know. Lol

Last edited by Cocowheat; 04-12-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
Good call on the baffling, my old DC5R I developed rod knock the day after I swapped the stock springs to SWIFT springs and did a gymkhana event, it was generating that much more grip. Engine was covered under warranty by Honda and I picked up a new baffled pan from Prototype Racing.

Get this done already. Want some video action of it handing ass beatings to other cars. Is Brainerd pretty much your choice of circuit or do you have others in a reasonable distance to play on?

Old 04-10-2014, 03:42 AM
Good call on the baffling, my old DC5R I developed rod knock the day after I swapped the stock springs to SWIFT springs and did a gymkhana event, it was generating that much more grip. Engine was covered under warranty by Honda and I picked up a new baffled pan from Prototype Racing.
Yeah, clockwise motion oil baffle, and my wavetrac LSD were both on the "essential road racing" list.

And you don't need a k20 to hand out ass beatings. Lol proudly I can say I did a pretty good job at that with an L15 and Nitto NT01.

Excuse the wind noise, and my lack of line consistency. I'm working on it. This was the end of last season.

Last edited by Cocowheat; 04-10-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Is Brainerd pretty much your choice of circuit or do you have others in a reasonable distance to play on?
Road America is fairly close also, but it'll be my first time there this up coming June. Honda and real time racing will be there also along with other well known groups like king motor sports so should be fun, but mainly it's brainerd, cause it closer.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
Yeah, clockwise motion oil baffle, and my wavetrac LSD were both on the "essential road racing" list.

And you don't need a k20 to hand out ass beatings. Lol proudly I can say I did a pretty good job at that with an L15 and Nitto NT01.

Excuse the wind noise, and my lack of line consistency. I'm working on it. This was the end of last season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEes--RZH8k
hahaha I read you, I get my ass handed to me in the Fit by Elises and S2000s and some quite more powerful cars, but every track day there is always some random group of guys that come up and take a gander at the Fit wondering what is done to it that it was passing them in their higher powered car. I just know with a K20 I can then give the Elises and S2K a run for their money in the high speed sections, in the turns I'm pretty much equal to them, just when I need to accelerate the Fit shouts out, did you forget I don't have huge balls so you get this baby amount of testosterone to play with.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:09 AM
In the to do list today

Shifter box
Shifter cables
Relocate alternator
Mount IQ3 dash
Trim the RTV oil pan gasket for that clean look

And if time allows
Start on wiring nightmare

Old 04-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Damn... Got nothing done after work.

I went to the sporting good store instead and got ready for trout opener

See ya on Monday morning my beautiful fit! I ain't got time for you this weekend lol