2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

2011 Honda Fit Mugen Sport T1R Power Header Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM
2011 Honda Fit Mugen Sport T1R Power Header Installed

Update of my Fit with T1R Power Header and Mods

Old 03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
that sounds like complete shit.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
It does sound a little toney... bees in the can. I think a different axle back would make it sound "better".

This is from in the car (windows down) with the WeaponR full delete, stock midpipe and Tanabe Medalion Touring.

Ignore the vid being upside down!

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/pj...20541.mp4.html

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/pj...20850.mp4.html

Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I had the medalion touring on my fit, it sounds so good! I cant stand canister style mufflers unless its like spoon or T1R VIP exhaust

Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM
?

Sounds like a bike.

What is the complete setup? Sorry if you said in the vid, I just skipped to the exhaust note.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM
T1r power header(down pipe) ,T1R race converter , T1R b-pipe but I did delete the resonator and Mugen axleback . I like the sound but maybe add some deeper volume to it . So I should put back the resonator ? Also you guys are saying a different axleback would help ? I am open to suggestions and not sure why FittedOnEm is so negative .

Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Its a sound that only a mother could love....but you know what matters if you like how it sounds than who cares what others think. One of these days Im going to make a video....

Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
?

Sounds like a bike.

What is the complete setup? Sorry if you said in the vid, I just skipped to the exhaust note.
doesn't it hurt your ears after a while?

Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 AM
damn that sound pretty obnoxious, will sound good around the tracks... a touring medalion might/could fix that. I have an un-resonated mid-pipe + touring medalion and pretty much loving it.

2 feet away on side (iphone)

5-6 feet away pointing at exhaust (revs = tascam dr-03) (idle = iphone)

countourHD mounted under the wing

in cabin (iphone) skip to 2:50 for highway

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 03-29-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZaxMan
T1r power header(down pipe) ,T1R race converter , T1R b-pipe but I did delete the resonator and Mugen axleback . I like the sound but maybe add some deeper volume to it . So I should put back the resonator ? Also you guys are saying a different axleback would help ? I am open to suggestions and not sure why FittedOnEm is so negative .
I will recommend you to weld/install the mid pipe resonator back on ORRRRR you could also try to put the stock b-pipe back on to try it out. Since I find stock steel pipe does make it sound more solid sometimes, compare with the SPOON b-pipe I had before.

I took my b-pipe/test pipe on & off a few times to try to find the best combination i could get on my GD3. I ended up with stock header, T1R test pipe, stock unmodded b-pipe with Mugen sport muffler on my GD3 5MT now.

The low rpm sound so deep sometimes that it gets a lil annoying in underground parking lot. Had some of these young asian punks who drives Golf GTi / BMW 335i staring at me.....

It does sound loud at high rpm even when I'm using stock header & b-pipe now. Gonna go to a lapping day on April 6 hope I can get some in car videos by then.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
yeah i put stock Bpipe back on, ive got dc header, t1r cat delete, stock bpipe, t1r 50s v2 and it sounds really good

Old 03-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys for the good advice !! I truly do like the sound i have but I will put T1R Resonator back on to tone it down a bit . I will have to make a vid of what it sounds like in car driving around . Cruising around 2nd and 3rd gear mid rpm's it does sound good , a lot different than the vid i just posted in driveway . Also I like to get dyno done to see if HP improved .

Old 03-29-2013, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZaxMan
Thanks guys for the good advice !! I truly do like the sound i have but I will put T1R Resonator back on to tone it down a bit . I will have to make a vid of what it sounds like in car driving around . Cruising around 2nd and 3rd gear mid rpm's it does sound good , a lot different than the vid i just posted in driveway . Also I like to get dyno done to see if HP improved .
Yeah the test pipe or front pipe for GD3 / GE8 free up the flow but since most of them are not resonated test pipe, exhaust note do get a lot louder. Good that u're using a mugen muffler or it's gonna sound fart can with a N1 muffler.

So yeah, putting the resonator back on the T1R b-pipe will help making it sound more solid or stock resonated b-pipe will give u better throttle response at the same time.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
that sounds like complete shit.
WoW!

I see some people never learned the finer points of tact, never mind a sense of "ease" when dealing with other humans... whether one likes something or not!

What's a little 4cyl econo-ride supposed to sound like, a flippin' Lamborghini?

I agree that it could be a little deeper, smoother and richer sounding... but I don't think it sounds like, as you put it, "sh!t."

The guy didn't have to post anything... then you'd be p!ss!ng and moaning about not having enough new posts to view!

Finesse is a wonderful thing... even when used in moderation.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member

A short clip i took yesterday. Everything stock on intake & exhaust except T1R test pipe & mugen muffler.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Yah Spoonek4 Yours has a nice deep tone , sounds good !

Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 AM
This is some of my inspiration , granted the Fit has a K20 swap, but dam that car 's sound is insane love it . At 1:25 of vid hitting gears hard on dyno .

Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
WoW!

I see some people never learned the finer points of tact, never mind a sense of "ease" when dealing with other humans... whether one likes something or not!

What's a little 4cyl econo-ride supposed to sound like, a flippin' Lamborghini?

I agree that it could be a little deeper, smoother and richer sounding... but I don't think it sounds like, as you put it, "sh!t."

The guy didn't have to post anything... then you'd be p!ss!ng and moaning about not having enough new posts to view!

Finesse is a wonderful thing... even when used in moderation.
I can be an asshole, but to solely judge my character based on one post is a bit much.
I never stated that it should sound like a "flippin' Lamborghini" nor did my post suggest anything near it. I, personally, think it sounds like shit, so I'll state my opinion as I wish. Opinions suck, and some you'll like and some you won't. It's the internet for fucks sake, get over it. And you clearly follow my track record, cause I totally sit on my ass all day waiting for people to post something up so I can view something. This forum (even forums in general) sucks. People do the same tacky shit or speak like they have the wisdom from God himself. Realize you're on a public forum where people are free to speak their minds, whether it be as blunt as I put it or as in depth as others.

ZaxMan,
Put the resonator back on and it'll sound much better. The primary cat on the Fit helps the most when it comes to the rasp it gets in the higher end, and since you're running a full header along with an unresonated B-Pipe it makes it loud and raspy, as it does on any car. You may want to consider a new muffler as well, from what I've heard from YouTube the Mugen muffler isn't much on the deep side. Good luck, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. I was considering the T1R header myself, but the gains are not worth the additional noise unless I got rid of my HKS axleback.