2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

My Blueberry.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
My Blueberry.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Clean, nice sunset.
Sport GE is so much better than the base.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 AM
nice job, how much for the retrofit on the headlights

Old 04-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Looking good man

Old 04-26-2014, 02:50 AM
More pix, clean car nonetheless

Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
nice job, how much for the retrofit on the headlights
Parts alone were about 600. Had someone retrofit them for about another 400.

More pics to come!

Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Clean Fit! Nice sunset. haha

Old 02-16-2018, 10:25 PM
What parts did you use for the retrofit and also who helped ya out? I’d love to get some like these for my fit !

Old 02-16-2018, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by traviskfit
What parts did you use for the retrofit and also who helped ya out? I’d love to get some like these for my fit !
I went through Lightwerkz for parts and service. Though I recommend trying it yourself, it’s so much cheaper. I’ve been doing a lot more retrofits lately and love all the new aftermarket projectors. On my car now I have oem Rx350 projectors, oem densos ballasts and Morimoto harness.

If you wanna retro now I would say save some time and pick a projector with a shaft install and it will take a couple hours instead of a while day or several days to install and adjust. The G5-R a really nice projector or you can wait for G5-VIP to come out from Lightwerkz. Hylux ballasts are also really nice for the money and reliable.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Thanks a lot that was nice of you to give all that info. I really wanna go led and was looking at the morimoto m-led projector and an Apollo shroud. I’m not to certain it will fit but it’s made to fit the h4. That website you mentioned actually recommended them for going the led route.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks a lot that was nice of you to give all that info. I really wanna go led and was looking at the morimoto m-led projector and an Apollo shroud. I’m not to certain it will fit but it’s made to fit the h4. That website you mentioned actually recommended them for going the led route.
Is there a particular reason why you wanna go LED? It’s cool if you do but from all the reseach I’ve done, and the pros concur, LED isn’t really up to snuff when it comes to output given the current offerings and still can’t beat HID. The reasons why I think people may consider LED is the fact that it’s an all contained unit without worry about bulbs and ballasts and the color profile is unique. Otherwise it’s not really customizable so when later on you get bored of it, you can’t swap bulbs, go higher wattage ballasts etc. Especially if something goes wrong with it like a driver issue or something, you’ll have to remove the while unit instead of taking out a bulb or replace a ballast. Not to mention width on the MLED is pretty narrow if you’re concerned about that. Sorry for the lengthy post but wanted to make sure you were well informed before investing that hard earned dough

Old 02-17-2018, 11:42 AM
Wow! No don’t be sorry thanks for the insightful info! I’m new to the forum, so it’s super nice to hear from helpful owners.
I really like leds for the practicality and longevity. I really enjoy both to be honest, but the more modern Cars I see with the latest led lights, I’m very impressed. I’m the kind of guy that won’t get bored on the color or anything. Just want something better than reflecting headlight, but are super easy to install with less hassle.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! No don’t be sorry thanks for the insightful info! I’m new to the forum, so it’s super nice to hear from helpful owners.
I really like leds for the practicality and longevity. I really enjoy both to be honest, but the more modern Cars I see with the latest led lights, I’m very impressed. I’m the kind of guy that won’t get bored on the color or anything. Just want something better than reflecting headlight, but are super easy to install with less hassle.
Yeah the more modern cars do have LED lights but doesn’t mean they are better than my lights just for reference my Rx350 setup with Phillips white Vision gen 2 and 45w ballasts throws way more and usable light than say, the newer Mercedes quad LED setups in my opinion. LEDs usually come in he 5500-6000k color range which is not ideal for inclement weather such as rain. Even nighttime driving I prefer something a bit warmer around 4300k. You see those newer corollas with LED headlights? Weak compared to my setup. Here is a cool chart one of the guys did on Headlight Junkies Facebook group. Nvm can’t get it to work on mobile for some reason

Old 02-17-2018, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
If you happen to be in Northern Cali I have 5-6 different sets of projectors I can show you

Old 02-17-2018, 12:17 PM
great info! man I would love to come to northern california. I was just waiting to get a permit to hike half dome in Yosemite soon. I took my fit to Zion national park right when I got it, and it was amazing. wanted to see what the car could do in gas and it didn't disappoint.
ok I may hold off on all this until I can see some things in person to show me the options. what part of N California are you from ? I used to tour a lot in a band and was very fond of that area. I loved traveling up I-5 and the 1. thanks again

Old 02-17-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Nice I loved Zion too, proposed to my wife there right on Angels Landing haha. I’m from San Jose Area.Join Headlight Junkies on Facebook and peruse the posts. Very informative and a lot of those guys build lights for a living so they see a lot.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Wish I could see this post. How come so many dead files on this site??

Old 03-02-2019, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Kazu
Wish I could see this post. How come so many dead files on this site??
The website used by the OP to host his photo(s) is the reason the photo(s) are dead; nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

Also, read this:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ternet-history