Notices
2nd Generation GE8 Specific For Sale/WTB Used Parts Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all for sale threads for used parts concerning the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

FS: Custom High Output Alternator 200AMP

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation FS: Custom High Output Alternator 200AMP

I had this custom built by Tenney Alternators and I just don't think I am going to get to installing it. The unit is BRAND NEW never installed, and comes with an external regulator. This unit has a LIFETIME warranty. Rating is 200AMP which is more than double the output of the stock alternator. I will send the wiring instructions to connect this up, this does NOT use the factory plug [therefore it does] bypass the ELD, possibly leaving the battery light on in the dash. I say possibly because this is the first of this kind of alternator for a fit I have seen built. The battery light may or may not come on.

Asking $300 plus $20 to ship and insure (it will cost more than that for shipping and insurance this is about half the cost). PM me or email me at all4spl@gmail.com.

Last edited by sam; 11-30-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: attempted to clarify that it does bypass ELD based on subsequent posting by Fit4Spl
Old 11-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm new to this forum and forums in general so my apologies if I go about some things the wrong way. With that said I've been looking at this for a couple of days and I'm VERY INTERESTED. I finally decided to make an account before someone else could get their hands on this. I'll definitely be trying to get a hold of you tomorrow, but yes, consider it sold.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
$300 shipped, USPS priority mail.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned
Be careful! In DOZENS of past discussions of high-output alternators, it was stated that NONE would work because alternator output is limited to stock amperage by the ECM (engine control module).

Unless something has changed in the control of alternator output, this one may not produce any more amperage than stock.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
This has an external regulator, you do not use the factory harness at all, therefore bypassing the ELD (what you meant to say not ECM). And this will produce the 200amps it says it will.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
The buyer if they come from here gets a LIFETIME warranty from the manufacturer, also what part of you bypass the factory alternator harness isn't clear? The ELD in that sense is removed from the equation, and the rest is simple. And the reason you have seen warnings that they don't work is because the ELD is very small and hidden behind the fuse panel under the dash. Meaning it would take a LOT of work to bypass it with the same method used on accords/civics and etc.

The bottom line is, it will work, and if it doesn't then the purchaser can use the warranty in which the manufacturer will handle it. However I can tell you after doing car audio for over 25 years, there is no logical or electrical reason this alternator will not work. Also what other than hearsay do you have as proof this won't work? See how that works? You cannot prove or disprove that this will not work, however the creator of this alternator has been working on alternators for over 15 years, and has made them for many different vehicles including hybrids and he took 6 weeks to produce this unit simply because of research time since NO one has made one until this unit. So honestly I think your doubt is unfounded.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Tenney Alternators is a reputable company and provide one on one service. This is cheap for a high output alternator as well. If it didnt work or you had some kind of issue Tenney will work with you to get it resolved, but Ive seen similar setups on civics and accords and it works fine, just gives a light on the dash which can also be bypassed. You can either bypass the ELD or just not use the factory harness which I am assuming is the case here. If I was still doing SPL I would buy it, but shit started breaking so I moved to the SQL route.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Quick summary of removed postings (too distracting to keep them all):

Fit4Spl did not try this alternator on his own Fit. He stated that he did not have the time and interest at this time due to other factors in his life. He indicates a long history of working on this kind of equipment including a good reputation hear and on other sites.

Triskelion thinks that Fit4Spl should try the alternator on his own Fit first. Expressed some concern that a buyer understand the situation. And referred back to the output regulator issue (fully presented by both below as far as I can tell.

--- Below is optional and applies only to the posting parties ---
If either of you think I have left anything important out not otherwise presented in the thread then I would prefer to see a single, complete posting preferably without unnecessary references to earlier postings. Summarize your key points, refer to appropriate outside references including links, and briefly provide an introduction to your relevant background. Such postings (what I am hoping at most to see) would not be competitive but rather mutually informative.

Then whoever want to buy or not buy this part will have that information to interpret as best they can.

Of course, I am just suggesting.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
I think it would work and was what i was looking for for 2 years.... but too late now i dont do stereos and shows anymore... wish it was up for sale a year ago. I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
I too work in car audio. It's my everyday job. Has been for the last 17yrs. This alternator WILL work! May cause a light Yes, but That's fixable too. Definitely made by a very reputable company as well. I say it's a steal of a deal the sellers offering!

Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Curious how you would wire it up. How can you bypass the factory harness? Interested n buying because my alternators getting weak.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
I know this post is old as hell, but in case any of you get notified of additional posts on here, or if you're looking to see whether or not this will work and come across this thread, I just received the exact same Tenney alternator as Fit4SPL and will be putting it in in a few days. This was pretty much the first post that came up when I typed in "Honda Fit high output alternator" into Google, so somebody's bound to see this. I'll make a separate thread in a bit and post the link to it here, for anybody that sees this in the future.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM
I've never seen one on a fit, but Tenney are good alts. Wouldn't think twice about buying one. I look forward to more info other than a questionable thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Alternator installed and is working just fine: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...fit-sport.html