Notices
2nd Generation GE8 Specific For Sale/WTB Used Parts Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all for sale threads for used parts concerning the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

FS: JDM Fit RS Speedometer with AMBER Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
JDM Fit RS Speedometer with AMBER Lighting

Sold sold sold !!!

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-08-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Banned
How would this work out with MT? Also, how easy is it to swap?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Hi swapping is VERY EASY, just pop up the panel above and around the speedometer,
then 4 screw to took out the speedometer and pull one socket behind it, and voila...

Now, for MT,... I don't know for sure,
but logically It should work fine since your MT don't have gear indicator anyway... and I think that is the only differences between MT and AT speedometer... right?
I can't guarantee though, but if it don't work,
you can always try to sell it back here at fitfreak since my price is very low anyway

Old 05-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi swapping is VERY EASY, just pop up the panel above and around the speedometer,
then 4 screw to took out the speedometer and pull one socket behind it, and voila...

Now, for MT,... I don't know for sure,
but logically It should work fine since your MT don't have gear indicator anyway... and I think that is the only differences between MT and AT speedometer... right?
I can't guarantee though, but if it don't work,
you can always try to sell it back here at fitfreak since my price is very low anyway
Thanks for the reply. I'll consider it.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 AM
We have the RS and Sport version locally in the DR, I can say by experience the Amber light looks really cool; I haven't seen any differences beside KM and MPH and .. there are no differences between MT and AT. My question is, how would your carfax be affected by the milleage shown on your car when you decide to sell it ?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cajlog
We have the RS and Sport version locally in the DR, I can say by experience the Amber light looks really cool; I haven't seen any differences beside KM and MPH and .. there are no differences between MT and AT. My question is, how would your carfax be affected by the milleage shown on your car when you decide to sell it ?
From my understanding about the way an old Mercedes C Class store their mileage is ,there are 2 mileage memory. one in the speedometer and one n the ECU.
for example if your speedometer is BROKEN (although they rarely broke but they can broke sometimes) then you replace it with a brand new one, your speedometer will show zero again unless it is reprogram to show the last mileage... while the one in the ECU will stay true...
but if you also change the ECU then everything will be zero, (cause ECU do get broken too) unless you program the ECU to show the latest mileage.

I don't know about our Honda ECU and speedometer and how they store their mileage,
but this modification is for people who don't really worry about mileage when they sell their car or about the carfax